Will Climate Control A/C keep my windshield from fogging?

PhotoJohn

I found two similar threads discussing car heaters, but neither gave a definitive answer to my question.

In 2011, I bought my first car here; a Toyota Vios J model.  Several times during rainy weather, I found myself having to steer with one hand while constantly wiping the windshield with a towel in my other hand.  The J model didn't even have air ducts going to the windshield vents.

Having enough of that, I finally upgraded to a Honda City with climate control.  Over a year now, and my windshield hasn't fogged up at all.  I don't think this car has a heater though.

At least when I set it to it's highest setting, there's only cool air coming out.  But now, for a different reason, I want to change cars again.

My present issue is that I'd like to go back to a Toyota Vios again.  This time, the G model with Climate Control.  

I need to know that I won't have the same problem with fogging that I had with the J model.  Not really concerned about warm air.  I just want a clear windshield in poor weather.

So, is a heater really necessary to dry the air, or should any car with Climate Control do the job?

At the time my Vigo was top of the range but hasn't got dash vents to work on the screen...Pain in the ass.....:sad:

Problem being if you get in the ride a bit wet that moisture will evaporate and end up on the screen and takes a while to deal with it......

OK.  Now I'm feeling foolish.

I was convinced that I had Climate Control A/C, but now I can't find anything to back that up.

Evidently, what I have is Auto A/C that maintains whatever temperature you set it for.  I think the salesperson and the lack of english specs. caused my confusion.

Still, I can't understand why I'm not experiencing the same problem now with my Honda City as I was with my Toyota Vios.  

Using A/C in my Vios didn't seem to help at all.

6 hours ago, transam said:

At the time my Vigo was top of the range but hasn't got dash vents to work on the screen...Pain in the ass.....:sad:

Problem being if you get in the ride a bit wet that moisture will evaporate and end up on the screen and takes a while to deal with it......

Like you my Vigo was a pain. Lack of vents.

The Spivo I have now has screen vents although no heater. On the odd occasion it's has misted up, 'twice? in 7 years' I press the screen button and it clears without heat in a matter of seconds.

Woe betide you though if you have anything on the dash as it will blow it off via the roof before it cascades all over you.

3 hours ago, Ace of Pop said:

If You have Climate Control it stays at  25 C in Africa or the North Pole. Wheres a Heater come into the equation on the Controls.?. I cant find it.... Only Heated Rear/Front Window, Mirrors or Seats get a Heater Ref on the facia controls.:stoner:

You can set climate control at a temperature of your choosing. The set temp is displated on a digital read out, on better quality cars there will be 2, one for the passenger side & one for the driver.  If the temp. inside the car is higher than the temp. you set (usually the case in Thailand) it will switch on the AC. If the temp in the car is lower than the set temp, it will bring on the heater.

11 hours ago, JaseTheBass said:

If your City hasn't got a heater then it doesn't have climate control.

Warm air on the screen is the way to clear the screen as the moisture in the air won't condensate on a warm pane of glass.

In newer vehicles you can have the heat ON but when you turn on the defroster it kicks the A/C to ON and blows cold air to defrost the front window.

2 hours ago, JaseTheBass said:

Errr, no.

Not trying to argue but thats the way it works in my newer vehicles. 

In fact, I am reminded to turn off the defrost because the A/C keeps kicking on/off. 

I am not sure what I can post so please google it. Hondas appear to be the main culprit.

Edited by ClutchClark