Thai stewardess - I just had the Thai passenger from hell!

webfact

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Do you know of any budget airline out of Thailand that would employ a Thai as part of the crew? Unlikely. As far as I know the only budget airline that flies Thailand to Europe is Norwegian, but I might be wrong.

you are:

air berlin is one (not for much longer), but i doubt they employ thais..., also eurowings, this is just from germany.

given the content of the post i imagine this was  on a thai, or - at least - asian carrier.

I had a Thai man on an long international flight, repeatedly grab the back of my seat with both hands and shake it, because his was angry that I would recline my seat (not during the meal service) ...he just seemed to think I didn't have that right and should sit straight up for 19 hours.  Standing up and speaking to him directly about it, didn't stop him, the staff speaking to him, didn't totally stop him, and we were not even in economy class ...maybe he thought he paid a lot, but I also paid a lot!!  He seriously looked like a toddler when I would talk to him, his facial expressions and the little tantrums he had in his seat.  Sometimes he would just lash out and kick my seat a bit. I wondered if he had ever flown before and didn't understand how it worked.

Edited by amykat

1 hour ago, oldlakey said:

The original saying was All mouth and trousers

The sometimes used saying  All mouth and no Trousers is a modern corruption of the original

This post is not meant in anyway to put the Cat amongst the pigeons or upset the apple cart as there is no point in crying over spilt milk 

I always knew it as 'All mouth and trousers ' . I do like the rarely used ' All teeth and toenails like a Patagonian rock ape '

4 minutes ago, toofarnorth said:

I always knew it as 'All mouth and trousers ' . I do like the rarely used ' All teeth and toenails like a Patagonian rock ape '

I have to hold my hands up and admit that I missed that one, but then I did have a sheltered chilhood

1 hour ago, MichaelJohn said:

What is surprising is that she is surprised.

Being a Thai and in the job 11 years I would have expected her to have come across such behavior many time before and mostly from Thais.

There's the other side of the coin too. I flew Thai ....... for over 12 years at least twice sometimes three times a week all around Asia, often day trips. My company western but company policy to use the local airline wherever the operation based. I had the pleasure many times of having the Thai air hostesses from hell and often in business class.  

Some were delightful and focused. 

Edited by scorecard

9 minutes ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

I had a mid-30's Thai guy in business to Dubai (2-2-2 config on an older 777) that removed his shoes and socks and put his feet up on the chair in front. He was with an older khun-ying with beehive hairdo and gaudy gold accouterments. Although I was sitting just behind him in the other row I asked him to remove his feet from the chair as it was unhygienic and disrespectful to the other passengers. The seats practically recline to horizontal anyway!

At first he refused to remove his feet, acting like an aggressive petulant child until the cabin crew came over and I explained politely that this was not acceptable. He eventually relented as he was under pressure and losing face. 

All through the rest of the 6 hours of the flight the Khun-Ying would turn round and give me evils. 

Some people just don't know how to behave when flying. 

Sounds like a case for down grading

When i look at the latest Asian breed , the many girls with Tatooes , cap , i am not suprised. Its breed of people with overdimensionned ego.

Probably due to the brutal transition from rural way of life to high tech in a short period of time. And since everybody deals with its own busines here,

nobody tries to actually educate them. Later on , beeing an adult , they just behave liek rubbish.

I think alot of these problems relate to Thais allowing their boy children to do whatever they like. I have seen exceptions to this where the child boy is told he is doing something wrong and is reprimanded. However it seems most boy children are not repremanded and allowed to do whatever they want. Example tonight: visited a restraunt in Thailand; young boy of the family running the restraunt noisy and having very little respect for the customers (unlike the rest of the family). For any business customer is king.In this case the little boy is king and everyone is a lesser mortal.

Edited by MaiChai

4 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

I had a mid-30's Thai guy in business to Dubai (2-2-2 config on an older 777) that removed his shoes and socks and put his feet up on the chair in front. He was with an older khun-ying with beehive hairdo and gaudy gold accouterments. Although I was sitting just behind him in the other row I asked him to remove his feet from the chair as it was unhygienic and disrespectful to the other passengers. The seats practically recline to horizontal anyway!

At first he refused to remove his feet, acting like an aggressive petulant child until the cabin crew came over and I explained politely that this was not acceptable. He eventually relented as he was under pressure and losing face. 

All through the rest of the 6 hours of the flight the Khun-Ying would turn round and give me evils. 

Some people just don't know how to behave when flying. 

Its  great when you can show them the   real world outside of BS Thailand

Edited by kannot

8 hours ago, toofarnorth said:

What about the old Aussie classic "all prick and ribs and ribs like a drovers dog" pretty apt in Oz but you would extremely hard pressed to find many Thais who fit the bill.

I have also seen a few Hi So  people one a few of my flights who thought they were special and tried to get

extra service from the airline staff, and a few people and myself let them know just how to shut up

and let the flight attendants do their job. I am glad to see an airline staff let this ajarn , or so called

professor know that he was no one special.  I do know that some Thai teachers and professors think

that ;they deserve special status and treatment and, No they do not!   I say Way to go to this

air hostess.

Geezer

You gotta love that Pee-Nong social status relationship  :D For all the Cultural relativists, spouting "Kwambenthai" narratives of it being like a happy family. The exercise of status in the deliberate putting down of inferiors seems to be half the fun ..... Also explains why the kids are out there phone phlubbing ... put your nose in a phone and you can have your excuse to avoid the status displays and required dieference ...  at shopping mall, sidestreets, somtam stands, PTT stations ... etc

Hey its another day in paradise

Edited by LomSak27

Interestingly another news blog at http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2016/09/27/furious-flight-attendant-famous-thai-man-takes-title-worst-passenger had a different translation on the matter, one line below which had me spitting coffee all over my screen.

Samudra wrote, “It wouldn’t have bothered me so much if the man was drunk or a foreigner. ...."

10 hours ago, MaiChai said:

I think alot of these problems relate to Thais allowing their boy children to do whatever they like. I have seen exceptions to this where the child boy is told he is doing something wrong and is reprimanded. However it seems most boy children are not repremanded and allowed to do whatever they want. Example tonight: visited a restraunt in Thailand; young boy of the family running the restraunt noisy and having very little respect for the customers (unlike the rest of the family). For any business customer is king.In this case the little boy is king and everyone is a lesser mortal.

A third / fourth hand tale from years back - Thai man applied for a visa to USA, he went for interview at US Bkk embassy and was told by the American female office that his application was denied. Thai man instantly demanded that she apologize on the basis that it was impolite and unacceptable for any female to speak to him in a negative way.

6 hours ago, Caveat Emptor said:

Reading the reports the words Well Known and Famous are used, even a suggestion that the person may be known worldwide yet it seems the name hasn't made it into the public domain as yet which is unusual.

Is there so much fear of defamation ?

No Thai is known worldwide, despite what the Thais might think. They are superstars only in their own mind.

On 9/27/2016 at 1:56 PM, BKKBrit said:

There aren't any Thai budget carriers to Europe - unless it was a charter. 

Yes there are, at least two , German Wings and Gulf air, but ok, you UK guys are not aware about whats going on in Europe......

On 9/27/2016 at 1:56 PM, BKKBrit said:

There aren't any Thai budget carriers to Europe - unless it was a charter. 

Yes there are, at least two , German Wings and Gulf air, but ok, you UK guys are not aware about whats going on in Europe......