My Thai girlfriend

Superme

Hello everyone. 

Before you roast me for adding another boring (for guys topic) please read  I promise I searched other forums and website but mostly I find a bad things about Thai girls. 

Can someone please share opinion about this. I have a girlfriend in Thailand. I saw her twice only. We chat on LINE, messenger everyday a lot during day and night. She send me a tons of pics. She don't mind spread the love all over social medias to me. She is crazy about me. She wants come to me and have children and family with me. We both 35. She really pushing me for a child and marriage which I'm happy to do but just one thing bugging me. Is it love or just visa. I'm not rich, quite good looking guy. I have no experience with Thai girls. Is it normal that they fall in love so fast? 

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, starky said:

Big wheel keep on turning, Proud Mary keep on burning. Trolling, Trolling, Trolling, Trolling. Trolling on a river.

Hey people what is wrong with you about this trolling thing. This is a second post I read this crap. If you have nothing to say in this matter then just don't waste my time. 

Hey  I married my Thai girlfriend 11 years ago, we had only met twice too, I took a chance and here we are 11 years later so happy it is unbelieve-it-able.

So I suggest that you start proceedings immediately to ensure that you do not make the mistake of letting her slip out of your hands, do this:

Start with a small monthly payment to help her out a little financially , maybe just 20-30,000 baht.

Buy land in her village, preferably from her family , who will ensure that no-one rips you off,  engage a builder locally and allow you soon-to-be wife to manage the design and build.

Remember that she must show face to the family and village, have a nice car, Fortuner or a  good Honda , few motorcycles, and a never-ending supply of whisky and beer.

Buy her mum 3 or 4 baht of gold, improve mum's house and get her a new motorcycle, she will hate you slightly less for it...wait happiness is just around the corner....

have children , at 35 she has had practise at this and there will be on or two to support from her previous life, hell, thats fine, have some more. Job done,

you are now officially happy with one of the best girls in the world you could possibly imagine, you must not forget the amazing wedding party in the village with the Lao band and dancing girls, free booze for the village and Sin -Sod for the mum, happy trails. 

Edited by prestburypark

1 hour ago, prestburypark said:

Hey  I married my Thai girlfriend 11 years ago, we had only met twice too, I took a chance and here we are 11 years later so happy it is unbelieve-it-able.

So I suggest that you start proceedings immediately to ensure that you do not make the mistake of letting her slip out of your hands, do this:

Start with a small monthly payment to help her out a little financially , maybe just 20-30,000 baht.

Buy land in her village, preferably from her family , who will ensure that no-one rips you off,  engage a builder locally and allow you soon-to-be wife to manage the design and build.

Remember that she must show face to the family and village, have a nice car, Fortuner or a  good Honda , few motorcycles, and a never-ending supply of whisky and beer.

Buy her mum 3 or 4 baht of gold, improve mum's house and get her a new motorcycle, she will hate you slightly less for it...wait happiness is just around the corner....

have children , at 35 she has had practise at this and there will be on or two to support from her previous life, hell, thats fine, have some more. Job done,

you are now officially happy with one of the best girls in the world you could possibly imagine, you must not forget the amazing wedding party in the village with the Lao band and dancing girls, free booze for the village and Sin -Sod for the mum, happy trails. 

Awesome :clap2::clap2::clap2::cheesy::cheesy:

I married 10 years ago never got pressure for babies or  money or  house or payments to family or a car or  bike or living in my homeland.........................where did I go wrong??????? confused of Thailand

Nothing like a "How can anyone be so stupid moment?" with the morning coffee

OP, this is the reason people are calling you a troll.

Actually they are being kind. If they said what they really thought of someone considering marriage after 2 meetings you'd probably need therapy. At least we all know she's not marrying you for your brains

I believe it was Rod Stewart who made this quote, "If I ever want to get married again, I'll just find a woman I don't like and give her a house."...In Thailand, getting away with just a house to your love-of-your-life-after-two-face-to-face-meetings, you're getting off cheap.

5 hours ago, prestburypark said:

Lol.....so funny.You forgot the "brother"

OP do you think it is normal for her to be head over heels in love with you ? Do you think meeting her twice is enough for you to make a life long commitment on? Do you think it is fair towards any future child that you and the gf have children even before you know each other, as the potential of a divorce is much greater if the couple don't know each other? Think with your head and not your .....

No, it is rarely just visa - mostly, it is promise of Western cash and earning potential... a child is a lifelong commitment of payments for most Western guys who are less likely to abandon a kid... your looks and age [being young and handsome] have very little to do with it...

the opportunity you afford, is 99% of it, especially if you are willing to marry and pay sin sod to her family... how much do you really know about her life? Any kids? Work? Thai ladies are very charming flirts... 

But, that would just be the stereotypical answer as I do not know either of you... but to answer your question, do Thai ladies fall in love that quickly - no, not usually. After 30, especially if they have had a kid or two, it can be difficult for them to find a guy... but they are not naive... 

I was at a wedding, before the ceremony, sitting about with the 35 yr old Thai lady and asking her what she really thought of the new husband... though gazing at him lovingly, she told me she wasn't sure yet... but, he seemed like a good guy and I think she will make a good wife for him... but love at first internet contact - - not really... 

5 hours ago, prestburypark said:

what a story,im sure i have seen this post many many times before,but you did forget to mention that her BROTHER  lives with you aswell.

4 hours ago, kannot said:

I married 10 years ago never got pressure for babies or  money or  house or payments to family or a car or  bike or living in my homeland.........................where did I go wrong??????? confused of Thailand

Glad to read another happy story. I got married 18 years ago to a girl I had known for 6 months. Registered the marriage at the amphur (no expensive religious ceremony or party) and have lived contentedly and mostly happily ever since.

6 hours ago, starky said:

Big wheel keep on turning, Proud Mary keep on burning. Trolling, Trolling, Trolling, Trolling. Trolling on a river.

man that made me laugh. trollin on thai visa. but seriously most of the thai girls willing to date western men see us as a job opportunity. if you like thai girls then you have a lot of options so she will try to land you as fast as possible. just keep it casual for 6 months and see if she asks for money. if she dosent then you have probably have found one of the better ones.  dont be in to much of a hurry. my girl had out 2 kids at the age of 38 and 41. probably best to avoid the marriage thing. dont buy or build a house in her name and as a general rule thais are happier in thailand. good luck. dating a thai is not easy if you are looking long term. very few thai/western relationships go past 10 years.

4 minutes ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

man that made me laugh. trollin on thai visa. but seriously most of the thai girls willing to date western men see us as a job opportunity. if you like thai girls then you have a lot of options so she will try to land you as fast as possible. just keep it casual for 6 months and see if she asks for money. if she dosent then you have probably have found one of the better ones.  dont be in to much of a hurry. my girl had out 2 kids at the age of 38 and 41. probably best to avoid the marriage thing. dont buy or build a house in her name and as a general rule thais are happier in thailand. good luck. dating a thai is not easy if you are looking long term. very few thai/western relationships go past 10 years.

I heard a Chinese singer try to sing this song, once. Couldn't say the "R's" 

It was Lolling, Lolling, Lolling on the River.

5 hours ago, kannot said:

Same thing happened to me , but then we were "courting for nearly a year before we got married .

Superme

Go for it........ she sounds like the type of thai girl I met many years ago,I told her I had absolutely no money and it was never a problem as she has her own business and it comfortably takes care of both of us,she even gives me a 5,000 baht weekly "entertainment" allowance :thumbsup:

I,m in my early 60,s and teerak is 34 with no children and an absolute animal in the bedroom,I,ve never experienced anything of the like before,she funded our home and I supervised the build as I no longer work and what a place its turned out to be.

She even has funded my sons from the UK to come and visit,what a diamond I have found.....sounds like your lady is made from the same mould. Grab her while you can.

Dreams.............that,s what life is all about :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

OP it may come as a surprise but Thai people are human beings and not from a different planet. The odds of a person falling in love with you, wishing a baby etc. are just as big or small as this happening in your local hometown.    So it's simple really, follow your brain and heart. Assuming you are not stupid you should be able to figure out how genuine the relationship is, and simply don't put more into it than you are willing to lose. Ignore the silly posts in this topic, use common sense and you should be fine. Since common sense is the answer here some do seem to question if your topic is a genuine one. Good luck figuring things out.