Hopf Brewery opening in Jomtien

Tee2008

That's a tough location - probably not helped by exorbitant rents and cheapskate holidaymakers nearby.

I noticed a big massage place recently opened in a long-vacant unit on the site (I think connected to the zero dollar tours). I was some buses outside a few times, then nothing....

Do please keep us updated. I used to like the pizzas in their place on Beach Road but after a serious disagreement with the manager there one night a long time ago I haven't been back.

Edited by Guderian

1 hour ago, Guderian said:

Do please keep us updated. I used to like the pizzas in their place on Beach Road but after a serious disagreement with the manager there one night a long time ago I haven't been back.

Did you ask the manager to have their farang "singer" stop his caterwauling?

Edited by OMGImInPattaya

3 hours ago, bartender100 said:

Are they going to pretend they brew the beer there as well?

Are you still going to lie that they don't brew the beer at the old location? Why is lying about that so important to you?

3 hours ago, JSixpack said:

Are you still going to lie that they don't brew the beer at the old location? Why is lying about that so important to you?

Unless you see the complete process you can never be sure.

any where in the world about this.

In no way am i saying  it is not brewed on the premisses at the for mentioned place. i have no idea.

There was a uk famous pub chain that would have you believe  they brewed all the beer on the premisses,   they had stainless steel vats , viewing windows in the vats  to look at beer brewing ,  it was BS for most of the pubs it was shipped in, in aluminium kegs by trucks.

But some people are just impressed with some smoke and mirror tricks.

in the uk.

Now do you take  the red pill and wake up and believe what ever you want.

Or take the Blue pill and look to see how deep the rabbit hole is !!!!!!!!!  :stoner:

c9cc515346c2095b845449cb59400f22.jpg

Edited by onemorechang

1 hour ago, onemorechang said:

Unless you see the complete process you can never be sure.

any where in the world about this.

But if you were sure, then you couldn't construct some little fantasy. As you state, you have no idea. Which of course never deters the gum-flapping and hot air around here.

It's just so easy to be sure: you could merely go there, talk to the brewmeister Tim (catch him in TQ often), get him to show you around and explain it all, maybe even know him for years, and sit near the window in the Hopf and listen to the noisy pump when it kicks in. That equipment's getting pretty old after makin' all them suds.

I suggested bartender100 do that years ago, but if he did then he couldn't enjoy his lying, so he didn't.

Duh.

51 minutes ago, JSixpack said:

But if you were sure, then you couldn't construct some little fantasy. As you state, you have no idea. Which of course never deters the gum-flapping and hot air around here.

It's just so easy to be sure: you could merely go there, talk to the brewmeister Tim (catch him in TQ often), get him to show you around and explain it all, maybe even know him for years, and sit near the window in the Hopf and listen to the noisy pump when it kicks in. That equipment's getting pretty old after makin' all them suds.

I suggested bartender100 do that years ago, but if he did then he couldn't enjoy his lying, so he didn't.

Duh.

Have a relaxing  Chang your be fine after that. :passifier:

1 hour ago, JSixpack said:

Duh.

Big sorry , maybe i was thinking about a different place. :burp:

if it's the same place i think now,  at the bottom of a beach road soi

No way ,    i was refused entry 17 years ago for wearing flip flops and shorts.  never went back,  never will,  i don't do dress code in Thailand

apart from immigration.

Hope the beer tastes good.

I don't go in TQ any more they buggered the stage lighting  up a few years back,   shining  red lights in my eyes from the stage makes me pissed off,   so give the place a wide birth now days. ( idiots the lot )

So i will take your word for it all being good.

7 hours ago, onemorechang said:

Big sorry , maybe i was thinking about a different place. :burp:

if it's the same place i think now,  at the bottom of a beach road soi

No way ,    i was refused entry 17 years ago for wearing flip flops and shorts.  never went back,  never will,  i don't do dress code in Thailand

apart from immigration.

Hope the beer tastes good.

I don't go in TQ any more they buggered the stage lighting  up a few years back,   shining  red lights in my eyes from the stage makes me pissed off,   so give the place a wide birth now days. ( idiots the lot )

So i will take your word for it all being good.

I quite appreciate the fact they have a doorman who enforce a dress code and keep out the riff-raff (Immigration could learn from them). In fact, its quite amusing to sit at the window counter and watch a singlet wearing flip-flopper and his tatted-up belle de jour being given the brush and the pained look on his face ?

1 hour ago, OMGImInPattaya said:

I quite appreciate the fact they have a doorman who enforce a dress code and keep out the riff-raff (Immigration could learn from them). In fact, its quite amusing to sit at the window counter and watch a singlet wearing flip-flopper and his tatted-up belle de jour being given the brush and the pained look on his face ?

That sounds an exciting life you have. :giggle:

Like i said,  was about 17 years ago,

Agree 100% about dress code at immigration,  the way

i have seen some people dress in the past, i'm surprised they were not shown the door empty handed.

Edited by onemorechang

1 hour ago, onemorechang said:

That sounds an exciting life you have. :giggle:

Like i said,  was about 17 years ago,

Agree 100% about dress code at immigration,  the way

i have seen some people dress in the past, i'm surprised they were not shown the door empty handed.

What can i say...I'm into schadenfreude...and not even German ?

Edited by OMGImInPattaya

12 hours ago, OMGImInPattaya said:

I'll have you know, sir, I've been known to wear an upmarket singlet (no Singha, Chang or HD for me) and sandals (flipflops - ugh!) on the particularly hot days. But, you'll be relieved to hear, never for dinner. We're that rarity of a tatt-free family too, though my teenage daughter's starting to worry me on that front.

Edited by Khun Han

On 2016-10-24 at 6:16 AM, The manic said:

The dreadful music has ruined 99% of Gogo bars. The two non GG bars in Pattaya that play adult alternative music spanning the decades and NEVER play hip hop, techno, gangsta rap, electro pop are always busy happy successful places with the best girls and best customers. It's a shame. Everyone I go in a GG feeling happy I get angry and depressed now. I'm tired of the mindless moronic MTV Black Rap culture -it's violence-racism and misgoniny. I do not want to 'put my f*****g hands up. I do not want to hear 'Shut the <deleted> up. I don't want a chorus of B***h B***h B***h. The tuneless techno and the electro pop that mangles classic pop hits by adding a crude back beat is asinine. If the music is cap it does not matter if the booze is free and the girls are naked. Don't get me started about filthy smoker polluting whole rooms for 30 non smokers!

12 hours ago, OMGImInPattaya said:

I had an early coffee ?

Too much early morning coffee has been shown to cause sudden onsets of extreme schadenfreude....stray ye not from your bum-gun