Morocco launches Triple A initiative to challenge climate change

webfact

It's so deliciously ironic that the chattering classes are ranting on about "climate change" ( sounds better than global warming which isn't happening very fast, if at all ) when Britain has been warned to expect an exceptionally cold winter.

Personally I'd love a bit of G W back home in the winter as it's too da** cold for me.

54 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Give me strength- I just watched that BS vdo and it has as much to do with combatting climate change as my farts.

Everything is made from steel and oil, and mechanisation is high, with surprise surprise surprise, oil driven vehicles.

They must think we are all stupid to believe that BS.

And don't forget, Al Gore told us we were all supposed to be extinct and the earth a Venusian nightmare by now  :sleepy:

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

It's so deliciously ironic that the chattering classes are ranting on about "climate change" ( sounds better than global warming which isn't happening very fast, if at all ) when Britain has been warned to expect an exceptionally cold winter.

Personally I'd love a bit of G W back home in the winter as it's too da** cold for me.

If that huge expanse of land known as the UK is having a cold winter, then it's clear the rest of the world must be suffering the same fate. Hail Britannia!

5 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

If that huge expanse of land known as the UK is having a cold winter, then it's clear the rest of the world must be suffering the same fate. Hail Britannia!

If it wasn't for "climate change," all of the UK, and most of North America, would be under hundreds of meters of glacial ice...so remind me again what's wrong with it.

13 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Give me strength- I just watched that BS vdo and it has as much to do with combatting climate change as my farts.

Everything is made from steel and oil, and mechanisation is high, with surprise surprise surprise, oil driven vehicles.

They must think we are all stupid to believe that BS.

I watched a documentary a few weeks ago about car emissions.  The net was, what comes out the tail pipe isn't nearly as bad as the damage from the manufacturing process.  Even with regards to making batteries.  You are spot on.

11 hours ago, OMGImInPattaya said:

If it wasn't for "climate change," all of the UK, and most of North America, would be under hundreds of meters of glacial ice...so remind me again what's wrong with it.

Best ask the people in the Maldives! LOL

1 hour ago, OMGImInPattaya said:

That's what happens when your ancestors were dumb enough to pitch-up on a sandbar and call it home  :biggrin:

Geez... as if their ancestors really had a choice between a small island in the middle of the ocean and say the French Riviera (or anywhere else for that matter).   And as if most of the people who live there have the financial resources to just pack up and move.  Bottom line: they're not the ones building industrial factories that spew crap into the atmosphere 24/7 or sitting in traffic jams with engines idling along with millions of other drivers 5 or 6 days a week.  But they will be among the 1st to suffer the consequences. Anyone who believes the human race is not having seriously negative impacts on Earth's environment in many different ways is only fooling themselves.

That said, I concede there's no longer much reason for the believers and non-believers to continue arguing over the causes, benefits and probable outcomes of our continuing exploitation of the planet and it's resources.  The time to start doing something positive was decades if not long ago.  No question in my mind that the planet will survive.  The question is: what percentage of the human race will continue to exist and what kind of existence will they have?

Why do people always mention the last ice age when discussing global warming/climate change?  Why not refer back to the last time the Earth was hot ?    There have been many times in the history of the Earth when it has been really hot - (palm trees at the poles).