Northern provinces create unique tourism product

webfact

Northern provinces create unique tourism product

tour.jpg

CHIANG MAI, 21 November 2016 (NNT) – The upper northern provinces group has joined hands with the State Railway of Thailand and the Provincial Tourism and Sports Offices to develop unique tourism identities. 

A special tourism train service will be launched to transport tourists along Chiang Mai, Lamphun, and Lampang on the to be unveiled 100-meter historic track promoting local culture. 

Tourists will sit in a 4-carriage train decorated with local identities from the participating provinces. 

The new rail tourism route connects many tourism attractions in the area, including natural attractions, historic attractions of the Lanna Kingdom, and to present the artistic and cultural aspects of the local communities. 

The activity aims to boost the local economy, generate more income to the general public, strengthen competitiveness, and improve the quality of life among people in local communities. 

Individuals interested to take part in this new excursion trip can ask for more information by calling 09-3139-8931 or visit the website https://www.facebook.com/northern.train.travel/.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2016-11-21

Wow, the tourists must be flocking to sit in a train for 100 meters...If it drives at walking pace it will take a whopping 1 minute i guess, awesome! Another new super-idea from the TAT ?

Could well be a mis print there, don't you think ?
It says that it links several tourist attractions in the area, so more likely 100km :)

Just now, cornishcarlos said:

It says that it links several tourist attractions in the area, so more likely 100km :)

Don't know, get tired of ALL the misprints, typo's, misinformation, and so on in Thailand. As soon as there are numbers published with more than 2 zero's there's always something wrong with it. But Thailand has the highest budget of the world for education, yeah right.

I think the picture below gives a better clue.

14940069_1589893924369891_2145679051091805402_o.jpg

From the advert it is scheduled to run 6 times.

Chiang Mai to Lampang on the Saturday, Lampang to Chiang Mai return on the Sunday.

The schedule indicates a theme behind each journey and has a duration of 4 to 5 hours.

Four prices are advertised on the facebook website, 1499, 649, 249, & 149.

What the differing tariffs actually provide would need to be investigated from someone on the ground.

Edited by Paul Catton
picture edit

3 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:
3 hours ago, fruitman said:

Wow, the tourists must be flocking to sit in a train for 100 meters...If it drives at walking pace it will take a whopping 1 minute i guess, awesome! Another new super-idea from the TAT ?

3 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

Obviously a misprint... but don't let it get in the way of a little gratuitous Thai-bashing.

11 hours ago, fruitman said:

Yep great initiative from the TAT brainstrust. You forget it was these people who saved tourism and boosted the expected 28 million tourists to a projected 32 million by releasing pokemons.

On 11/21/2016 at 11:57 AM, terminatorchiangmai said:

Good they not make the print in English otherwise you might actually get tourist to visit.

I do wonder how many mistakes there would be if it was printed in English.

So quick to mock others, yet just 2 entries above yours there is an ad in English. And it has about same amount of errors as your post which is not bad for a non-native English speaker.

'Good they not make the print in English otherwise you might actually get tourist to visit'. Superb use of English

46 minutes ago, CNXSTEVE said:

So quick to mock others, yet just 2 entries above yours there is an ad in English. And it has about same amount of errors as your post which is not bad for a non-native English speaker.

'Good they not make the print in English otherwise you might actually get tourist to visit'. Superb use of English

I think the extent of marketing of the activity in English could be just naivety on the organisers part and an inclusion to try and ensure capacity of this fledgling venture.

With the organizer using Facebook as their main promotional website and contact/reservations using Line it hasn't set itself initially out as a major activity for tourists from overseas.

How they have been able to get this venture up and running for six runs, logistically with the co-operation of SRT is amazing.

149 baht in the pricing on Facebook made reference to backpack.

• 1 month later...
I think the picture below gives a better clue.
14940069_1589893924369891_2145679051091805402_o.jpg.91928fc6898b32565e21e8c6e20a4a88.jpg
From the advert it is scheduled to run 6 times.
Chiang Mai to Lampang on the Saturday, Lampang to Chiang Mai return on the Sunday.
The schedule indicates a theme behind each journey and has a duration of 4 to 5 hours.
Four prices are advertised on the facebook website, 1499, 649, 249, & 149.
What the differing tariffs actually provide would need to be investigated from someone on the ground.

149 is Thai price, 1499 is Farang price and the other two are typos !!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

1 minute ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

149 is Thai price, 1499 is Farang price and the other two are typos !!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

From the Citylife article.

Package A: a one day trip costs 699 baht between December 2016 and February 2017 including travelling in the Lampang city and Kad Kong Ta Market.
Package B: a one day trip costs 249 baht including travelling at Lampang Luang Temple.
Package C: 149 baht for a single journey.

No mention of the 1499baht, perhaps a "gentleman's only carriage with extras"?:thumbsup: