How Do I Get Music On My Phone?

gdgbb

20 minutes ago, tutsiwarrior said:

thanks for your advice...which mobogenie app do I need for file transfers form PC to handset?

You will need to install 2 versions of MoboGenie.

A version for the Computer and a version for the Phone.

See http://www.mobogenie.com/

but see...this is what I'm talkin' about...when you plug the phone into the PC the device should be auto detected by the explorer without any stupid 'apps' or selecting the purpose for the plug in and etc...if a dumb phone can do this what's wrong with goddam 'smartphones'?

The "Smartphone" detects that you plugged the phone with the computer fine.
But the Smartphone does not know what you want to do.
You want to charge the phone only?
You want to browse the files in your smartphone?
You want to use the Smartphone as a Media Device?

First select what you want to do with the Smartphone.

like the old miner said in Treasure of the sierra madre: dumber than the dumbest jackass...

mighty tempted to go back to a keypad handset but need to give it a chance first...there are other features that make smartphones useful...

Smartphones are full of features that a normal phone doesn't have.
But if you are not a little bit a "Nerd", better drink first a few bottles of whisky.

28 minutes ago, Confuscious said:

You will need to install 2 versions of MoboGenie.

A version for the Computer and a version for the Phone.

See http://www.mobogenie.com/

The "Smartphone" detects that you plugged the phone with the computer fine.
But the Smartphone does not know what you want to do.
You want to charge the phone only?
You want to browse the files in your smartphone?
You want to use the Smartphone as a Media Device?

First select what you want to do with the Smartphone.

Smartphones are full of features that a normal phone doesn't have.
But if you are not a little bit a "Nerd", better drink first a few bottles of whisky.

install 2 versions??? I give up; I'll just havta get used to living without PC to handset file transfers...

I don't unnerstand why I should havta 'select' anything when a dumbphone connects automatically...

at home and when I work I am within spitting distance of a connected laptop and the only thing that I need is a telephone...I don't get out much, neurasthenia and agoraphobia and all that...

and I drink too much already...continued use of a smart phone is gonna ruin whats left of my liver...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

On 29/11/2016 at 3:25 PM, tutsiwarrior said:

yeah...I ended up removing the SD card from the phone and inserting it into the laptop to transfer the files...but, what I'm sayin' is that you shouldn't havta do that, that it should be auto available in the file explorer on plug in to the laptop...it's all 'apps, apps...thousands of apps...' total BS...

Me too, Tutsi...just switched from a dumbfone to a smartfone. So many apps, so little time to waste,  finding out if I want them or not. Thank to the OP, as music is something I do want on my phone.

1 hour ago, sendintheclowns said:

Me too, Tutsi...just switched from a dumbfone to a smartfone. So many apps, so little time to waste,  finding out if I want them or not. Thank to the OP, as music is something I do want on my phone.

yeah...if you got the same problems that I do you'll havta take the SD card outta the phone, put it in the laptop SD slot and transfer the music files that way...ridiculous waste of time...

'but both devices have bluetooth...couldn't we do a file transfer that way?' nooooo, too simple...must download and install a million 'apps'...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

On 01/12/2016 at 5:29 AM, tutsiwarrior said:

I got W10 and all the recent updates but still no device indication in the PC file explorer...and the phone and the laptop are both ASUS devices...

There's a program called phone companion that comes with Win 10 and controls how your PC connects to a mobile device. If it's not in your list of programs you might have to download it from MS.

• 4 months later...