Poll says majority of Thais didn’t read draft Constitution

rooster59

Poll says majority of Thais didn’t read draft Constitution

92_Poll.jpg

Super Poll says over 80% of Thai people never read the contents in the current draft Constitution, although almost all Thais  knew that today December 10 is the Constitution Day.

The finding was based on its interviews with 1,145 samples during December 6-10.

Super Poll said 91.9% of the samples knew that today or December 10 is the Constitution Day.

But what is worrisome is that 81.5% of them never read contents in the draft Constitution.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/poll-says-majority-of-thais-didnt-read-draft-constitution/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-12-11

The only surprise here is that 18.5% have actually taken the time to read it. Now if it contained a big house, a rich family, a poor maid and a ladyboy with lots of high pitched arguing, the result would be a lot higher. 

At the last general election, remember them, a friend of mine's wife didn't read the ballot paper, she simply voted for the candidate number her mother told her to.

On leaving the polling station she admitted to her husband she hadn't a clue who she'd voted for, name or even if the candidate was male of female !

3 hours ago, NongKhaiKid said:

At the last general election, remember them, a friend of mine's wife didn't read the ballot paper, she simply voted for the candidate number her mother told her to.

On leaving the polling station she admitted to her husband she hadn't a clue who she'd voted for, name or even if the candidate was male of female !

That moment when you bury your face in your hands and murmur 'Oh, for Christ's sake...'

The public is still awaiting release of a mobile phone app which explains the Constitution in single syllable words with emoticons.   Once that the app is released they will all read it assuming it don't take more than a few minutes and they receive a coupon code for some free eggs.

4 hours ago, NongKhaiKid said:

Have to wonder if this very attentive lady doing her civic duty managed to tick the correct ballot number ?

8 hours ago, smutcakes said:

From what i can tell they did not even bother sending copies out to people in bkk before the referendum never mind the provinces.

It never got out to the provinces, wife suggests that why bother, there will be another next year or the year after! These coups run in cycles don't they? :wai:

how about The Girl On The Train by Paula Hawkins?

did they read that?

that's a good one.

The Why Axis by Uri Gneezy and John A. List?
what about The Planet Remade by Oliver Morton?

...... off topic questions? 
yeah right.

not.

Edited by maewang99

15 minutes ago, thescubaaddict said:

Of course they did not. How many Westerners ever did?

I can point you to a few, but first: Why is it relevant on a thread about Thais not reading it?

Where is Halloween these days?

Edited by baboon

6 hours ago, overherebc said:

Who can start a poll on here ref how many posters have read their own countries constitution and how many have voted on anything in the past twenty years.

I would imagine they would tend not to need to as it is always sort of there and not ripped up every 5 minutes. They then have legal experts and courts singing from the same hymnsheets to do that for them and set precidents they, the average Joe, can work from.

If not, they are free to read it for themselves, criticise openly and live without fear some arbitrary 'law' will be pulled out of nowhere to retrospectively target them.