DepDavid

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Don Mega said:

putting a lid on a pickup reduces carrying capacity ?

Yes it's due to how high it goes up my one was fitted with a carry boy electric one ok for normal use but if you wanted to carry anything high M/C large chiller box for EG, you were buggered unless you took the lid off not hard a few bolts and unplug the electric. It's just that it was bloody heavy. And needed at least 3 peeps to do same.

3 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

Yes it's due to how high it goes up my one was fitted with a carry boy electric one ok for normal use but if you wanted to carry anything high M/C large chiller box for EG, you were buggered unless you took the lid off not hard a few bolts and unplug the electric. It's just that it was bloody heavy. And needed at least 3 peeps to do same.

Well with a lid you could not carry a fridge standing upright, but then you cannot do that in a tuna either. easy to unbolt a lid than cut the roof off ya tuna !!

Good to see you agree carrying capacity is not diminished after all !!

Edited by Don Mega

Just now, transam said:

So your extra stuff in a Fortuner weighs 750kg...Gawd

You say a Fortuner is quieter than a Vigo yet they have the same running gear...Gawd

Just now, transam said:

So your extra stuff in a Fortuner weighs 750kg...Gawd

You say a Fortuner is quieter than a Vigo yet they have the same running gear...Gawd

Give one a try you will find out that it runs quieter. I think they call it sound deadening material.

What your referring to re 750km I'm at a loss your posts are getting like A.O.P sorry but I haven't a clue what he's on about most times either.

1 minute ago, fredob43 said:

Give one a try you will find out that it runs quieter. I think they call it sound deadening material.

What your referring to re 750km I'm at a loss your posts are getting like A.O.P sorry but I haven't a clue what he's on about most times either.

My Vigo G 4x4 auto trans has the same sound insulation as a Fortuner.............

The Vigo can carry a load of 750kg as well as the passengers.....

Anything else....?

Just now, Don Mega said:

Well with a lid you could not carry a fridge standing upright, but then you cannot do that in a tuna either. easy to unbolt a lid than cut the roof off ya tuna !!

Good to see you agree carrying capacity is not diminished after all !!

I was referring to goodies that can be carried not the overall weight. Like the Vigo I always got things delivered. One of the reasons I changed always had an estate lump with the back seats removed that now what I have.

Just now, transam said:

The Vigo can carry a load of 750kg as well as the passengers.....

wow even a vigo cannot carry 750kg plus 5 passengers legally, the Forunter is amazing, is there anything it cannot do ?

11 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

Have no Probs with yours, there all I AM Right.:post-4641-1156694083:

On 18.1.2017 at 4:56 PM, DepDavid said:

Has anyone had similar issues and if so how was it resolved?

I have a 2016 Fortuner 4x4 and experienced "no- shift" of the auto twice: The gearbox just stays in a given gear say 4 and despite accelerating does not upshift to any higher gear, the up/down paddles do not work at that time. My solution: Stop, switch off, start again - no problem

The worse brakes I ever encountered were on my beloved Transam......They were frightening....And fixing it was a real headache.....To be honest I didn't really fix it, about another 500 quid would have....But....:sad:

Just now, transam said:

Not if Fred is driving.........:stoner:

I'm up against a lot of ........ Cant see where I have put 750kl or anything about coil springs or come to that fridges I think I put chiller boxes. Do you lot just change things as it suits or are some suffering from some sort of dementia. Yes that could be it.

No wonder peeps are turning off TV what with the amount of adds now + clans on every site it doesn't surprise me. 

Tip for anyone requiring some sort of knowledge use another site.   

4 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

I'm up against a lot of ........ Cant see where I have put 750kl or anything about coil springs or come to that fridges I think I put chiller boxes. Do you lot just change things as it suits or are some suffering from some sort of dementia. Yes that could be it.

No wonder peeps are turning off TV what with the amount of adds now + clans on every site it doesn't surprise me. 

Tip for anyone requiring some sort of knowledge use another site.   

So if YOU post crap and folk respond with your errors readers must bugger off...Now come on......