Yorkies Pork Pies

rak sa_ngop

Just made another trip to Pattaya and have discovered "Yorkies" pork pies at the Friendship supermarket Pattaya Tai . B****y good taste, very authentic English taste and texture. However the wrapper does not say where they come from, apart from a phone/fax number.

Are they just a local Pattaya product and are they available in Bangkok?

Thanks

Just made another trip to Pattaya and have discovered "Yorkies" pork pies at the Friendship supermarket Pattaya Tai . B****y good taste, very authentic English taste and texture. However the wrapper does not say where they come from, apart from a phone/fax number.

Are they just a local Pattaya product and are they available in Bangkok?

Thanks

Yorkies products are excellent in my opinion. They are situated at Jomtien,opposite the beach not too far down from the Police Box.

I would always buy their products direct, as they are always fresh. In the past they have sold their products at Villa markets in Bangkok, however my very bad experiences with Villa market include them over stamping sell by dates which means very often you are buying out of date stock!!!

Go directly to Yorkies and you will not be disappointed :o

Yorkies products are excellent in my opinion. They are situated at Jomtien,opposite the beach not too far down from the Police Box.

Jomtien beach goes on for miles!!! How many metres approx from the start of the beach coming from Pattaya. Thanks again.

Coming from the bend/KFC I would say just less than 1 mile on left hand side.

I am sure Pattaya residents can give you the name of the road which is just before Yorkies (.which is also a restaurant)

It's about 50 meters past the traffic lights, for the road up to Suhkumvit ( I think there is only one main T-junction along there).

No traffic lights but the T-junction is where Soi Chayapreuk meets Jomtien Beach Road. The police box is on the beach side at this T-junction.

Exactly 3.5 km (bit over 2 miles) down Jomtien Beach road.

Just before where beach road becomes narrower.

Most notable place close by is the Jomtien Nang Nual Seafood restaurant, known by pretty much any taxi driver.

Exactly 3.5 km (bit over 2 miles) down Jomtien Beach road.

Great, I will take a walk down there on my next visit. Just hope the news that the coconuts along the beach path have been picked already is true. Wouldn't want to be nutted for the sake of a pork pie!!

• 1 month later...
Yorkies products are also stocked by Rimping Supermarkets in Chiang Mai. Look in the frozen food section.

They are also stocked in our Euro food-shop section at the Farang Connection in Surin. We do

Pork Pies

T-Bones

Sirloins

Rump steaks

Cornish Pasties

Top-side beef for roasting

English Pork sausages

all from Yorkies if anyone is in the area.

Yorkies products are also stocked by Rimping Supermarkets in Chiang Mai. Look in the frozen food section.

They are also stocked in our Euro food-shop section at the Farang Connection in Surin. We do

Pork Pies

T-Bones

Sirloins

Rump steaks

Cornish Pasties

English Pork sausages

Off topic... but next time you're in town, check out the pies from the Jack Tar bar in Soi 6... absolute best in Pattaya.

:o

No pork pies, but plenty of beef and onion, beef and mushroom, chicken mushroom, chicken curry etc. There is a freezer at the rear of the bar, and you can ask for special orders too... I'm sure you and your customers will like 'em.

Pork Pies

T-Bones

Sirloins

Rump steaks

Cornish Pasties

English Pork sausages

Off topic... but next time you're in town, check out the pies from the Jack Tar bar in Soi 6... absolute best in Pattaya.

:D

No pork pies, but plenty of beef and onion, beef and mushroom, chicken mushroom, chicken curry etc. There is a freezer at the rear of the bar, and you can ask for special orders too... I'm sure you and your customers will like 'em.

I am sure you go there just for the pie :o

Simple Simons is on Soi 5 in Jomtien. That's the same soi as the immigration office. I'm not a Brit so I don't care for meat pies but some of my Brit friends say the Simple Simons is great. Yorkies is at the south end of Jomtien Beach Road. Go south on beach road until you pass the traffic light with the police box. You will see a 7-11. If you park there you will be close to Yorkie's shop just a few steps south of there. That road with the traffic signal is Soi Chaiyapruk.

Simple Simons is on Soi 5 in Jomtien. That's the same soi as the immigration office. I'm not a Brit so I don't care for meat pies but some of my Brit friends say the Simple Simons is great. Yorkies is at the south end of Jomtien Beach Road. Go south on beach road until you pass the traffic light with the police box. You will see a 7-11. If you park there you will be close to Yorkie's shop just a few steps south of there. That road with the traffic signal is Soi Chaiyapruk.

Simple Simons Bar is still there, but the butchery dept has been taken over by Western Wholesale. At the moment they are still situated in Jomtien, but it is hard to find. As you come from Pattaya, go straight on at the bend to Jomtien Beach road, past the goverment offices and the new Talay condos. Keep on down that road for about 2 kms, then bear left. There is an old apartment block complex, not occupied for years, turn into that and Western Wholesale meat factory is on the right hand side. They are moving to a new factory later on this year as well.

Pies? Well if it's not broken, don't mend it, and I have yet to find better than " The Bake House" The factory is the Crocodile farm side of Suhkomvit, PM me for phone numbers of Yorkies, The Bake House or Western Wholesale.

Pork Pies

T-Bones

Sirloins

Rump steaks

Cornish Pasties

English Pork sausages

I am interested. I have never been into Jack Tar's: Do they make their pies on the premises? Thanks for that info. Will check it out tomorrow. Soi Yodsak here we come...and it's a Friday........ :o

Pork Pies

T-Bones

Sirloins

Rump steaks

Cornish Pasties

English Pork sausages

I am interested. I have never been into Jack Tar's: Do they make their pies on the premises? Thanks for that info. Will check it out tomorrow. Soi Yodsak here we come...and it's a Friday........ :o

Pats pies on 3rd rd is good too, 60baht for pies from memory, good range

For what it's worth, I vote for Bunters they are in Bangkok though, so maybe a bit too far to travel..............

We use Howards produce as well.

Corned beef( home made)

Wonderful Cumberland sausages and Apple pies/Blueberry & apple pies just like mum made.

He also did good mince pies and Xmas pud for the festive season.

We use Howards produce as well.

Corned beef( home made)

Wonderful Cumberland sausages and Apple pies/Blueberry & apple pies just like mum made.

He also did good mince pies and Xmas pud for the festive season.

Wheres Howards? can you give contact number please????

Pork Pies

T-Bones

Sirloins

Rump steaks

Cornish Pasties

English Pork sausages

I have spent many an hour in the Jack & Tar bar. It is a great place to meet friendly regulars and you usually end up in a discussion. Sitting at the bar and looking out on Soi Yodsak is great entertainment :D You`ll see tomorrow what I mean.

I've tried yorkies, Pats and simple simon but i've found the best to be sold in a tiny stall on beach road between soi 7 & 8 everthing is B90 and they are big serve, i especially like their pasties & sausage rolls