Three-metre king cobra caught in Chalong

rooster59

39 minutes ago, callaway said:

Stop with the bullsh£t. He has explained himself so wind your neck in.

Yes, he has explained himself, so what? He did ride too fast, but does want to recognise that. My right to do that, your right to disagree with that. No need for flaming though.

Edited by stevenl

Yes, he has explained himself, so what? He did ride too fast, but does want to recognise that. My right to do that, your right to disagree with that. No need for flaming though.

60 zone and headed up hill. My bike barely hits 50 as it climbs to the crest so it's absolutely impossible that I was speeding.

Pull your head in Steven. Your making a fool of yourself in defence of a snake.

I bet your diving endeavours over the years has killed more marine life than the two snakes I've accidentally hit in the past 16 years.

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk

Meeoooooow!
Pht, pht!

Lol.
I find it ironic that someone who had made a living in the harmful dive industry has the gall to pontificate wildlife issues to other people.
How much coral has his novice divers broken?

Yes he appears to be kissing the cobra.  I'm a snake fan.  But I've only handled western diamondbacks.    I'm not sure I'm up to real deadly snakes.    Sorry you ran over a nice reptile but I agree the blame should be in building the road 

1 hour ago, stevenl said:

Yes I agree with you. All cars and bikes should have someone walking in front of them waving a red flag.

I have a feeling that I might not be the first to think about that though.

15 hours ago, stevenl said:

You were not able to stop on time, therefore driving too fast.

Sent from my ROBBY using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

It's like saying: you stepped on a landmine, therefore you were walking too fast.

In other words: faulty logic. Could be a number of reasons, as the OP already stated. Stop trolling, please.

There are MANY snakes where I live, and a couple of times I've been on my scooter in the small soi heading to the main road when a snake has suddenly slithered out in front of me - presumably, frightened by the vibrations of my oncoming scooter.

They move v quickly - so quickly that even though they only appeared roughly 3-4 metres ahead, fortunately they crossed before I hit them.

sebastion didn't intend to kill the poor snake, it was an unfortunate set of circumstances - that can happen to any of us.

1 hour ago, dick dasterdly said:

Does anyone have a 'phone no. for the 'snake rescue' foundations?

I apologise for asking as they've been posted a few times - but I didn't get round to putting them on my 'phone :sad:.

The Phuket Ruamjai Rescue Foundation can be contacted at 076 283 346-7.

9 hours ago, sebastion said:

60 zone and headed up hill. My bike barely hits 50 as it climbs to the crest so it's absolutely impossible that I was speeding.

Pull your head in Steven. Your making a fool of yourself in defence of a snake.

I bet your diving endeavours over the years has killed more marine life than the two snakes I've accidentally hit in the past 16 years.

Maybe you were driving slowly enough not to violate the speed limit. Does not mean you were niot driving too fast for the circumstances. And since you hit the snake you were driving too fast.