2016 POSTER OF THE YEAR POLL - FINAL

Ron19

2016 POSTER OF THE YEAR POLL - FINAL  

364 members have voted

1. 1. Choose and vote for one only. DO NOT CLICK ON " SHOW RESULTS " It will record you as voting but not record your vote.

• transam
    • Naam
    • villagefarang
    • GuestHouse

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see shades of last year being repeated, the secret TVF sect is now casting its delayed vote en masse and will have its way - who is their leader I wonder, methinks LB knows, if indeed it's not he himself. The only cure is to not post the vote count until the poll is decided, let people campaign but don't give out running status of votes, that doesn't happen in any other election.

In other news, the electionsering campaigning king is being given short thrift in another thread I note, folks tired of it disrupting every thread, not matter how distantly unrelated, sad!

51 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

Well it is turning into battle of Titans here. Wharf is only 5 votes from Captain Picard.

Yes, "never count your chickens", I learned that last year, had a nice new TVF T=shirt printed with a big gold medallion on it and had to give it to Mrs.Trans....:sad:

b0214.gif

1 hour ago, canuckamuck said:

Well it is turning into battle of Titans here. Wharf is only 5 votes from Captain Picard.

heavy bat'leths (sine, sine), saturday at dawn, venue: my front garden! :annoyed:

refreshments: blood wine, unicorn hooves charcoal broiled,

Edited by Naam

1 hour ago, Cockwomble said:

If I could switch my vote now, I would be putting it over to Naam, definate a worthy winner

TS lead is starting to look very fragile at this point

Not to worry, I never had the T-shirt made this year...

b0220.gif

3 hours ago, Naam said:

heavy bat'leths (sine, sine), saturday at dawn, venue: my front garden! :annoyed:

refreshments: blood wine, unicorn hooves charcoal broiled,

Klingon is only one of the six or seven languages with which he is familiar! Compare that with someone who spells "think" as "fink".

I didn't do a complete search of EVERY forum on ThaiVisa, but I did check a few and am surprised to see that the candidates don't seem to be campaigning in their "home" forums.  JT and I found this to be an effective way of securing votes.  Just saying......

"Home" forums aren't necessarily geographically home forums, but ones where candidates spend much time, you know like Tranny in the Pub and Naam at Do-in-Yourself.  

I think we are all purists this year and only want people to vote for us if they actually like us.  None of that hate vote where people vote against someone.  We are all friends here and will be happy regardless of who wins. 

Edited by villagefarang

2 minutes ago, NancyL said:

I didn't do a complete search of EVERY forum on ThaiVisa, but I did check a few and am surprised to see that the candidates don't seem to be campaigning in their "home" forums.  JT and I found this to be an effective way of securing votes.  Just saying......

"Home" forums aren't necessarily geographically home forums, but ones where candidates spend much time, you know like Tranny in the Pub and Naam at Do-in-Yourself.  

Pub is my fun, motoring is my life, well trying to use my life's experience with 4 wheels in that field to help out with probs... To be honest I don't think Naam or myself would take the route you suggest, would much rather let readers decide....I have a tear.....

b0238.gif

6 minutes ago, NancyL said:

"like Tranny in the Pub and Naam in the Do-it-Yourself"..

Subtle yet amusing.

1 minute ago, villagefarang said:

I think we are all purists this year and only want people to vote for us if they actually like us.  Non of that hate vote where people vote against someone.  We are all friends here and will be happy regardless of who wins. 

b0233.gif

7 minutes ago, villagefarang said:

I think we are all purists this year and only want people to vote for us if they actually like us.  None of that hate vote where people vote against someone.  .......

This is a passive-aggressive way of implying that in campaigning JT and I were encouraging people to vote based on a "hate vote", rather than simply building awareness that the POTY contest existed to people who may never visit the General forum.  Campaigning is a way to increase participation across all sectors of ThaiVisa.  Did I imply anything more?

Do you always see the worst in people like this?

12 minutes ago, NancyL said:

Just because the weather is always Winter in Northern Europe, ThaiVisa has never found the need for a "Do-In-Yourself" forum. Naam shines in helping people understand all the reasons people should go on living. Take his contributions in the Do It Yourself forum for example.

5 minutes ago, transam said:

Mrs.Trans just turned up with a bloody great carton of Kleenex tissues....I said...

"Whadya bought that lot for"....

She replied....

"Whadya fink, I REMEMBER LAST YEAR".............:saai:

b0215.gif

Serious question; why "fink"?

Edited by lannarebirth

21 minutes ago, NancyL said:

This is a passive-aggressive way of implying that in campaigning JT and I were encouraging people to vote based on a "hate vote", rather than simply building awareness that the POTY contest existed to people who may never visit the General forum.  Campaigning is a way to increase participation across all sectors of ThaiVisa.  Did I imply anything more?

Do you always see the worst in people like this?

I make a generalized comment about the contest based on my own observations and private comments made to me and you turn around and attack me personally.  Nothing passive about that and it speaks volumes about you in my opinion. 

I am saying this year will not end with all the negative feelings which have tarnished past events.

Edited by villagefarang

7 minutes ago, villagefarang said:

I make a generalized comment about the contest based on my own observations and private comments made to me and you turn around and attack me personally.  Nothing passive about that and it speaks volumes about you in my opinion. 

I am saying this year will not end with all the negative feelings which have tarnished past events.

As many of us know, there has often been a lot of negativity in past POTY and posts aimed to degrade others or trying to be negative about them.

this was starting to happen here too until certain posters dropped out of the posting.

VF's comments are quite correct as far as I can see.