2016 POSTER OF THE YEAR POLL - FINAL

Ron19

2016 POSTER OF THE YEAR POLL - FINAL  

364 members have voted

1. 1. Choose and vote for one only. DO NOT CLICK ON " SHOW RESULTS " It will record you as voting but not record your vote.

• transam
    • Naam
    • villagefarang
    • GuestHouse

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, lannarebirth said:

I'm not talking about Th'nglish. It is a word you use regularly. Why? You come from the country of the mother tongue do you not?

Fink being more of a London word, I see nothing wrong with it.

There are many idiosycracies in the English language depending on what part of England you are from. Makes it part of our rich linguistic heritage.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

I'm not talking about Th'nglish. It is a word you use regularly. Why? You come from the country of the mother tongue do you not?

Indeed I do, but mum was a cockney and I follow in her foot steps....Do you have a problem with that.....?

It has been my experience that folk from different parts of the UK speak very differently....So at times I like to "print" what is in my head....Do you have a problem with my fun aspect....?

16 minutes ago, villagefarang said:

I make a generalized comment about the contest based on my own observations and private comments made to me and you turn around and attack me personally.  Nothing passive about that and it speaks volumes about you in my opinion. 

I am saying this year will not end with all the negative feelings which have tarnished past events.

I see through this individual too, villagefarang. It boggles my mind why some, past and present, take it all so seriously. Campaigning etc. Stroll on!

2 minutes ago, WhamBam said:

Fink being more of a London word, I see nothing wrong with it.

There are many idiosycracies in the English language depending on what part of England you are from. Makes it part of our rich linguistic heritage.

Funny, I've spent a lot of time in London and never heard anyone speak in that way. I do avoid the Farang Pub where usage may be greater.

3 minutes ago, transam said:

Indeed I do, but mum was a cockney and I follow in her foot steps....Do you have a problem with that.....?

It has been my experience that folk from different parts of the UK speak very differently....So at times I like to "print" what is in my head....Do you have a problem with my fun aspect....?

No, not at all, but cockney is a spoken dialect is it not? I was just curious. I didn't know it was cockney, because I've known many people with cockney accents but they usually make an effort to speak proper English when interacting with other English speakers.

1 minute ago, lannarebirth said:

No, not at all, but cockney is a spoken dialect is it not? I was just curious. I didn't know it was cockney, because I've known many people with cockney accents but they usually make an effort to speak proper English when interacting with other English speakers.

I fink you are telling fibs guv......You are very naughty......I ain't got your vote then...?

b0215.gif

6 minutes ago, transam said:

I fink you are telling fibs guv......You are very naughty......I ain't got your vote then...?

b0215.gif

You think I'm naughty and I'm lying. Well, alright then...

No, you do not have my vote. I don't like pap, emoticons and gratuitous music videos. Oh, and karaoke.

15 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

Fings ain't wot they used t'be. ( part of the lyrics from Max Bygraves)

Generally, I use my own dialect when speaking to my native countrymen. When speaking to those from other countries I tend to make more of an effort to speak so they can understand me better.

One of my best friends here comes from Dorset and sometimes his rolling R's are great to hear as is his version of 'English'.

Then there is the Brummie with his strong accent too and many others from all over the U.K. with their accents.

What is proper English?

Our history shows we have a language made up from many others be they Scandinavian, Norman,  French, Scots and many others.

Do I detect a touch of  angst  with  one of the leading contenders for POTY?

Perhaps a fear that  the riding in the Rolls Royce of victory may yet be  snatched from  the contenders hands  and replaced by a ride in the refuse cart of defeat ?

The winner !!!

buyers_guide_-_rolls_royce_wraith_2014_-

Oh dear ,never mind though, it's the taking part as opposed to the winning!!

0.jpg

Edited by shunter

3 minutes ago, shunter said:

Perhaps a fear that  the riding in the Rolls Royce of victory may yet be  snatched from  the contenders hands  and replaced by a ride in the refuse cart of defeat ?

The winner !!!

0.jpg

Thankfully I am retired and don't have to do that stuff anymore....Phew......:smile:

10 minutes ago, shunter said:

The winner !!!

0.jpg

Rolls  Royce .very apt as its  "German owned" Achtung!!!

1 hour ago, WhamBam said:

Our history shows we have a language made up from many others be they Scandinavian, Norman,  French, Scots and many others.

ze maytchor root content of zee English langwitch is tchermanic wezzer people like it or not.

3 minutes ago, chiang mai said:

Well just in case he's still reading tell him it's too bad he doesn't have the balls to say what he wants to say using his every day user name.

He cant read the forum under that name and I shall now be looking at who he really is and they will receive a ban as well

Damn, damn and double damn. Just popped out of the office to go to the bank, only to learn I just missed a juicy bit. Only joking.

PS My vote has not been cast yet. :neus: 

Oops. Just saw the post. Totally inappropriate.

Edited by GarryP

20 minutes ago, GarryP said:

Damn, damn and double damn. Just popped out of the office to go to the bank, only to learn I just missed a juicy bit. Only joking.

There are times when stuff crawls out the woodwork, I have dealt with that stuff but I know you lot sigh and move on, same as l had to do.....SOOOOO....LETS ROCK......

The contest is now nail biting stuff....Mrs.Trans has told me to stop biting her nails, especially her big toes.....

b0237.gif

26 minutes ago, GarryP said:

Inappropriate, as in not entertaining?

21 minutes ago, sipi said:

I noticed you are over 100 years old. About 20 years older than me.

tha't a glitch in the profile. tried to change it long time ago but failed. but now i know that we are about the same age.