Bangkok Bank Debit Cards - Update

Fookhart  and Pib excellent posts and my sentiments entirely. Absolutely useless card. I have now also found Bangkok Airways do NOT accept Union Pay but more worrying over the last couple of weeks I have found some of the 'standalone' Bangkok Bank ATMS are not accepting the card!!!!!!!! I insert the card, the screen changes and then either freezes or goes blank. After waiting a couple of minutes I start pressing the buttons and then the card is regurgitated and quite hot. I have then used a Visa or Mastercard in the same machine without any problems.  I will be reporting this to the Bank when I am next in the branch - I don't want to waste another 30 minutes listening to naff music on 1333. I definitely do not trust this card as a sole means of cash withdrawal/payment. Incidentally on the Union Pay site I found a page for Merchant locators accepting Union Pay. I entered Thailand and in the drop down box for 'province'  all I got was Phuket! -Not even Bangkok.  I selected Phuket and 'SEARCH'  This was the message "

Sorry, no result is found. Please choose other query conditons.
Page0/0   

As earlier post I am planning on opening an account with Kasikorn Bank as i have been reccomended and, according to the web, account opening is fairly easy, Photo ID, Proof of residence and a deposit of 10K cash and they issue a Visa card!    

I know my Kasikorn cc machine (EDC) does already since many years accept union pay.

Sent from my ROBBY using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

I don't think so much it's whether an EDC/POS machine can accept any particular card (Visa, Mastercard, UnionPay, etc) because any semi-modern machine can accept magnetic strip or chipped cards, it whether the merchant accepts the card and/or his local transaction processing bank (i.e., the bank his EDC/POS machine connects to) is also on the UnionPay network for purchases.   Because when you signup for a certain card network you are also agreeing to their fees plus the local processing bank fees along with the policies of that card network.  Maybe UnionPay fees and polices are almost identical to Visa/Mastercard...I couldn't say.

It's kinda like when you go to most any bank's ATM and you see all kind of card network logos on the ATM land every ATM I've seen in Thailand also has a UnionPay logo on it as banks interface with all kinds of card-networks.  However, merchants may simply not want to accept all card networks such as not wanting to accept UnionPay cards.  

And in Thailand with so many of the EDC/POS machines being behind the checkout counter....very close to the cash register out of reach of the customer....Thai merchants seen to only want to do "receipt of signature" transaction...just don't want to use PIN based  transactions as req'd by UnionPay.

There is definitely something that has slowed UnionPay's wide spread acceptance in Thailand by many merchants.

Final update. Yesterday I opened a Current Savings account with Kasikorn Bank. This was in Central Plaza, Lampang. Firstly they asked me why, did I not have an account elsewhere? I showed them my Union Pay card, a BIG smile and 'sit down please'! Nothing more said.They wouldn't let me open a regular savings account with a 500 Baht deposit saying it was only for Thais and for retirement I had to open this account. They required my Passport, copy of which was faxed over to HQ in Bangkok for verification, Address confirmation letter from Immigration, which I had, and 10k Baht. I would have been depositing that anyway so no big deal. After an hour and a further 300 Baht for the ATM fee (200 annual fee + 100 for issue) all formalities completed I left with a shiny new Visa Card, Passbook and Internet banking all set up and at 8.30 this morning I got the internet password by SMS. All I can say is that the lady at the desk and her colleague who spoke some English were extremely helpful and efficient all the time and very pleasant - unlike the ghouls at Bangkok Bank. They helped through setting the card up on the ATM machine as initially it was all in Thai. Incidentally the card has a six digit PIN.One other thing worthy of mention, having signed a mountain of forms (in Thai) I was given a Green and a Brown form and sign here please. They were in English so I read through where they wanted me to sign. I said 'I certify I am a US citizen...' I refused to sign explaining I am English. After a phone call to HQ and checking with me twice verbally I am English, although they had my passport, they apologised and tore the forms up. The forms were for US citizens and from the US Revenue service. I think the staff's command of English was verbal rather than written hence checking with me I am 'Ankrit'. As I said they apologised with lots of smiles so no worries. Based on yesterday's experience I would certainly recommend Kasikorn. 

Once I have checked everything works, ie Visa Card, Internet Banking etc (which I am sure it will) I will be closing the Bangkok Bank account and requesting a refund of the 200 Baht ATM fee they have just deducted for the Union Pay card which I doubt I will get.

Thanks to all for all your interesting and valuable comments and especially for the Kasikorn Bank reccommendation.    

Have seen many, many posts of foreigners having a K-bank "savings" account.   Never heard of K-bank only allowing a current account for foreigners which requires a Bt10K minimum opening deposit per K-bank website.

Edited by Pib

Hi Pib, That's how it was. They showed me the folder with all the different accounts as per the website (in Thai only) and the only one that had English was the Current Savings account with 'Retirement' written in English. As I said I think there was a bit of a language problem and local staff interpreting the rules as they saw fit. Nothing new! Lampang is a bit of a backwater when it comes to Tourists (non existent) so I wasn't too surprised and just happy to get the account open. Anyway took the Visa card for a 'test run' today and all well. It felt like I had my right arm restored so big relief as I am so used to paying by Debit Card for everything in Europe (Pin/Contactless) so carrying wodges of cash around was alien to me and the g/f more than anxious to relieve me of the wodges when I complained! Anyway not a problem for me and that is how it was so I've no complaints as I said. Maybe different rules in different branches.  Thanks again for your and everyone else's input - all appreciated.

I used that very same Be1st Visa debit card this morning 14 January 2017 to withdraw some money from a Bangkok Bank ATM this morning and no fee was charged.

That however was an AtM machine in a mall in Bangkok. if that makes any difference

Has anyone tried to pay for goods purchased on Lazada with the Unionpay card. I ordered some goods today and tried to use it, kept saying the debit card number was wrong. Checked it a few times, still a non starter. I noticed a small Unionpay symbol on the checkout page so they must accept them?. Ended up using the pay at ATM method, quick and straight forward by the way.

Just a point on Unionpay cards at non BKB Bank ATMs, at a medium size Tesco Lotus yesterday I noticed all three ATMs had the Union pay symbol on. This up here in Phetchabun.

There seems to be some discrepancy between Union Pay Debit and Credit Cards. I think some of the merchants, such as Lazada, have been accepting the Credit Card for some time but not the relative new Debit Card. 

As regards ATMs I think they have all been 'upgraded' to accept all Union Pay cards unlike the shops etc.  

On 12/22/2016 at 6:34 PM, Pib said:

Must have been some miscommuications between you and the bank....the annual fee for a Visa Rabbit debit card is Bt200 right now; going to Bt300 mid 2017.

http://www.bangkokbank.com/BangkokBank/PersonalBanking/DailyBanking/Be1stVisaDebitCard/Pages/Be1stRabbit.aspx

Capture.JPG

Miscommunication or blatant stupidity? 

19 hours ago, fullcave said:

Miscommunication or blatant stupidity? 

The Be1st Rabbit cards with Siriraj in their name are 599 baht/year.

If there was a 100 baht issuing fee, it would be 699 and our poster states 690, so it sounds like this is what they offered him.

I recently opened an account with Krungsri, and they also have half a dozen different card options, so to avoid confusion, I simply brought a printout from their Thai website and told them “this is the card I want”. Goes along way to avoid situations like our poster’s :)

• Like 1

On 1/26/2017 at 1:00 PM, lkn said:

The Be1st Rabbit cards with Siriraj in their name are 599 baht/year.

If there was a 100 baht issuing fee, it would be 699 and our poster states 690, so it sounds like this is what they offered him.

I recently opened an account with Krungsri, and they also have half a dozen different card options, so to avoid confusion, I simply brought a printout from their Thai website and told them “this is the card I want”. Goes along way to avoid situations like our poster’s :)

No, unfortunately, the Be1st Rabbit card is no longer available with visa. I am in the process of moving my banking to SCB. 

The Chinese based Union Pay bought a huge share in the Bangkok Bank operation and they want to promote their own card. Unfortunately, the union pay card is worthless for online shopping and most retailers are not accepting the card. 

So, I'm out..

1 hour ago, fullcave said:

No, unfortunately, the Be1st Rabbit card is no longer available with visa. I am in the process of moving my banking to SCB. 

The Chinese based Union Pay bought a huge share in the Bangkok Bank operation and they want to promote their own card. Unfortunately, the union pay card is worthless for online shopping and most retailers are not accepting the card. 

So, I'm out..

The Visa Rabbit card is still available...it's just some Bangkok Bank branches are pushing the dual logo Thai Payment Network (TPN)-Union Pay card.   TPN is owned 50-50 by Bangkok Bank and UnionPay.  The more they can get people to use this card means more profit for Bangkok Bank.  

I got my Visa Rabbit card in late Dec 16...no problem.  Another poster in a related thread just got his Visa Rabbit card.  

Repeat, the Bangkok Bank branches are just pushing their TPN-UnionPay card and I expect offering excuses as to why that's the only card available....but really the Visa Rabbit card is available.

On 2/1/2017 at 1:57 PM, Pib said:

The Visa Rabbit card is still available...it's just some Bangkok Bank branches are pushing the dual logo Thai Payment Network (TPN)-Union Pay card.   TPN is owned 50-50 by Bangkok Bank and UnionPay.  The more they can get people to use this card means more profit for Bangkok Bank.  

I got my Visa Rabbit card in late Dec 16...no problem.  Another poster in a related thread just got his Visa Rabbit card.  

Repeat, the Bangkok Bank branches are just pushing their TPN-UnionPay card and I expect offering excuses as to why that's the only card available....but really the Visa Rabbit card is available.

Not as of Jan 1st. 2017. So they are indeed pushing their TPN-Unionpay crap card and I for one resent not being offered a choice so I put my money where my mouth is and walked.

Mismanagement has consequences..  :wink:

I lost my Be1st Union Pay Debit card last week and went to Bangkok Bank for a replacement. I told the staff I did not want a Union Pay card again since it is not accepted at many shops and they immediately presented a Rabbit Visa Card as a replacement. I took that offer and it works just fine.

• Like 1

Yea, they are still providing Visa Rabbit cards....another poster got his just last week.   But I expect many branches are giving all types of excuses like no longer being issued since 1 Jan 17.

I agree .. I was inside BBLs Paragon branch tonight (for an unrelated credit card issue) and saw 2 people get a newly issued normal Visa Debit Rabbit card .. the brancj had a small stack of them between the CSR workstations

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

For what it's worth I've been to the Bangkok Bank HQ in Bangkok and found out the following:

-- They are no longer issuing *visa* logoed ATM cards to people opening new accounts.

-- They indicate that Bangkok Bank's relationship with Visa has ended as Visa is charging them too much to have Visa support on their card (or they don't want to pay the Visa fees...)

-- Existing Visa cards will work but be phased out over the last 2 years

-- I was told that since I had one now do *not* upgrade it to the smart card version or I would loose the Visa support (she told me to wait 2 years until it was dead and I had no choice)

-- The relationship manager agreed that Unionpay was not nearly well supported and she sympathized with me.

Oh, btw: The non-granting of VISA ATM cards was done to a Thai person who opened an account there (not me, I was no where in sight at the time, so it's not a farlang only thing).

So yes, it is kind of funny that the #1 bank in Thailand with the #1 presence internationally does not support an ATM card that works outside of... umm... China? :P

33 minutes ago, JayBird said:

For what it's worth I've been to the Bangkok Bank HQ in Bangkok and found out the following:

Unless you talked to someone on the 2nd or higher floor that worked for the headquarters function you were not talking to any headquarters staff.  

Assuming you talked to a representative on the 1st floor that is the "branch" that just happens to be in the same building....occupies the 1st floor of the HQ building.  Therefore, you were just talking to a branch representative just like any branch representative in any Bangkok Bank branch in the country.

The wife and I upgraded our old non-chip Visa card to a Visa Rabbit chip Visa card at this branch you are talking about in mid Dec 16.  And as other in this thread has indicated they have got their Visa Rabbit chipped card over the last few weeks/seen people being issued the card.

When going in the first thing I made clear is we do not want a UnionPay card; the rep put-up no resistance and just issued us Visa Rabbit chipped cards...and the rep said nothing about the card being no good in 2 years.   Both Visa debit cards have an expiration date thru Dec 2021. 

So, was the rep just giving another excuse to push the dual log TPN-UnionPay card (TPN is half owned by Bangkok Bank and half by UnionPay)....or do they know that Visa cards will go dead in 2 years regardless of expiration date.   I don't know....I would want to see something more official from Bangkok Bank....like in writing....versus what a branch rep has said since in this thread and related threads people were initially told the Visa card is no more...sorry...impossible to get on now....no longer available since 1 Jan 17...etc...etc...etc....but when the customer insisted they were given a Visa card or needed to wait one week to get one as in the branch supposedly needed to order the card.

Now I will admit banks do have a tendency to issue only one logo "debit" cards...like only a Visa, only a Mastercard, only a UnionPay "debit" card.   While at the same time continuing to carry/issue multiple logo "credit" cards (i.e., Visa, Mastercard, AmEx, UnionPay, etc).   Or at least I see that happening in many U.S. banks/credit unions.  

Keep in mined this Bangkok Bank UnionPay card is really a dual logo card, TPN-UnionPay card with Bangkok Bank owning half of the TPN logo and UnionPay owning the remaining half....this surely means more profit for Bangkok Bank in having more control of the interchange fees/profits since they don't have to share fees/profits with the Visa network.   So, it appears Bangkok Bank has made the decision to push their TPN-UnionPay card aggressively and may indeed be dropping Visa within X-years.

Time will tell how it works out....but one thing for sure at this point in time regarding the UnionPay card, it's not accepted by many Thai merchants.

capture.jpg

• Like 1

True it is possible she was trying to give me a run-around, but I found it odd as I was *not* asking for a new bank account.  And in fact she suggested that I do *not* convert my bank card and keep what I have as there is no other VISA option.  So I don't think she was trying to trick me into unionpay as she was not even pushing that.  Quite the opposite.

What the official word is, I guess we'll know after it happens (unless you can read Thai and read their official corporate releases).  But it would not surprise me if they are cutting ties with Visa and moving towards UnionPay only.

One point worth mentioning: You went in 2016, I went in 2017 and there might have been a change on Jan 1 2017.  Like, how Standard Chartered is closing down in Thailand.

2 hours ago, Pib said:

Unless you talked to someone on the 2nd or higher floor that worked for the headquarters function you were not talking to any headquarters staff.  

Assuming you talked to a representative on the 1st floor that is the "branch" that just happens to be in the same building....occupies the 1st floor of the HQ building.  Therefore, you were just talking to a branch representative just like any branch representative in any Bangkok Bank branch in the country.

The wife and I upgraded our old non-chip Visa card to a Visa Rabbit chip Visa card at this branch you are talking about in mid Dec 16.  And as other in this thread has indicated they have got their Visa Rabbit chipped card over the last few weeks/seen people being issued the card.

When going in the first thing I made clear is we do not want a UnionPay card; the rep put-up no resistance and just issued us Visa Rabbit chipped cards...and the rep said nothing about the card being no good in 2 years.   Both Visa debit cards have an expiration date thru Dec 2021. 

So, was the rep just giving another excuse to push the dual log TPN-UnionPay card (TPN is half owned by Bangkok Bank and half by UnionPay)....or do they know that Visa cards will go dead in 2 years regardless of expiration date.   I don't know....I would want to see something more official from Bangkok Bank....like in writing....versus what a branch rep has said since in this thread and related threads people were initially told the Visa card is no more...sorry...impossible to get on now....no longer available since 1 Jan 17...etc...etc...etc....but when the customer insisted they were given a Visa card or needed to wait one week to get one as in the branch supposedly needed to order the card.

Now I will admit banks do have a tendency to issue only one logo "debit" cards...like only a Visa, only a Mastercard, only a UnionPay "debit" card.   While at the same time continuing to carry/issue multiple logo "credit" cards (i.e., Visa, Mastercard, AmEx, UnionPay, etc).   Or at least I see that happening in many U.S. banks/credit unions.  

Keep in mined this Bangkok Bank UnionPay card is really a dual logo card, TPN-UnionPay card with Bangkok Bank owning half of the TPN logo and UnionPay owning the remaining half....this surely means more profit for Bangkok Bank in having more control of the interchange fees/profits since they don't have to share fees/profits with the Visa network.   So, it appears Bangkok Bank has made the decision to push their TPN-UnionPay card aggressively and may indeed be dropping Visa within X-years.

Time will tell how it works out....but one thing for sure at this point in time regarding the UnionPay card, it's not accepted by many Thai merchants.

capture.jpg

I got the card you've pictured above some time ago when my old card was misused and IMO UnionPay is mildly said not applicable to anything else than withdraw money and shopping in a few stores where it is well know where the owners /investors come from. 

However today I went to the Bangkok Bank head branch in the province I live to ask for a "Be1st smart visacard" as I had before and after a few straight lies in my face from the male clerk about only Union pay card available a female clerk took over and I will be issued a Be1st Rabbit (BTW, what name is that to call a payment card) Visa smart card but have to wait a week before I receive it.

So, it appears Bangkok Bank has made the decision to push their TPN-UnionPay card aggressively and may indeed be dropping Visa within X-years.

I doubt that they will drop either Visa or MasterCard. If they do it will be a loss for the Thai population which not can be weighed up with cards based on the shopping by Chinese tour groups visiting some high end shopping centres in the West.

6 hours ago, Felt 35 said:

However today I went to the Bangkok Bank head branch in the province I live to ask for a "Be1st smart visacard" as I had before and after a few straight lies in my face from the male clerk about only Union pay card available a female clerk took over and I will be issued a Be1st Rabbit (BTW, what name is that to call a payment card) Visa smart card but have to wait a week before I receive it.

Just another example of the branch pushing the UnionPay card and using various excuses in pushing the card "until" they realize "this customer" really wants a Visa card so we better give it to him.

I expect HQ Bankgok Bank is helping this push not only through their policy guidance to the branches(i.e., push, push, push the TPN-UnionPay card over the Visa card) and by not giving any branch much (if any) stock of Visa cards which requires the branch to order the Visa card which takes about a week to get.  And when it takes a week they know X-amount customers will then just accept the UnionPay card because maybe the customer can't come back in a week, just don't want to put up with the BS anymore, etc.   That's what me thinks.

1 hour ago, Pib said:

Just another example of the branch pushing the UnionPay card and using various excuses in pushing the card "until" they realize "this customer" really wants a Visa card so we better give it to him.

I expect HQ Bankgok Bank is helping this push not only through their policy guidance to the branches(i.e., push, push, push the TPN-UnionPay card over the Visa card) and by not giving any branch much (if any) stock of Visa cards which requires the branch to order the Visa card which takes about a week to get.  And when it takes a week they know X-amount customers will then just accept the UnionPay card because maybe the customer can't come back in a week, just don't want to put up with the BS anymore, etc.   That's what me thinks.

Talk about stock of cards (not visa). :ermm: I got a short glimpse in the clerks drawer when he opened it and  I'm sure he had had enough Union pay cards there to serve most of the Bangkok bank customers in this province.

• 4 weeks later...

A bit of an update from Pattaya. Went to the central mall branch the other day for something unrelated but thought i may as well ask about this too.

So I asked her in thai if "still have no visa cards". She said that they do but you need to order them and it takes 7 days. You also have to surrender your old card to order the new one.

Funny how just 2 months later she changed her tune. 

This doesnt mean much anyway as things change from branch to branch and clerk to clerk.

Will be changing banks soon.

Well it seems they really don't know what's going on themselves. I already had a Be1ST VISA chip card which I paid 799 for about 3 monts ago (BB machine ate my old card). I lost it and then they issued me with this UnionPay junk card. My branch in Phuket just says only UnuionPay on Phuket.  They had never heard of "Rabbit" card, and the posters in branch only mention UnionPay cards.  Branch said there are is a lot of problems now with new UnionPay cards.  I called their call centre and got the same - now only UnionPay.  

Really crazy since this card cant even be used to buy insurance online from their own subsidiary, and only option now is to move bank and get a card which is supported widely online.

14 hours ago, RedCardinal said:

Well it seems they really don't know what's going on themselves. I already had a Be1ST VISA chip card which I paid 799 for about 3 monts ago (BB machine ate my old card). I lost it and then they issued me with this UnionPay junk card. My branch in Phuket just says only UnuionPay on Phuket.  They had never heard of "Rabbit" card, and the posters in branch only mention UnionPay cards.  Branch said there are is a lot of problems now with new UnionPay cards.  I called their call centre and got the same - now only UnionPay.  

Really crazy since this card cant even be used to buy insurance online from their own subsidiary, and only option now is to move bank and get a card which is supported widely online.

You really need to do a little research before you go into your branch.

Staff are very much ill informed or poorly trained.

BKK website states Rabbit Visa debit cards are available. Perhaps Phuket need to order some.

Again as for fees, check their website first;

http://www.bangkokbank.com/BangkokBank/PersonalBanking/DailyBanking/Be1stVisaDebitCard/Be1stCard/Pages/default.aspx

• Fees
  • Annual Fee: 200Bt
  • Card Replacement Fee: 100Bt
  • Monthly Statement Fee: 200Bt per year
    (Apply at your home branch)

http://www.bangkokbank.com/BangkokBank/PersonalBanking/DailyBanking/Be1stVisaDebitCard/Pages/Be1stRabbit.aspx

• Fees
  • Annual Fee: 200Bt until 30 June 2017 (usually 300Bt)
  • Card Replacement Fee: No cost! You can replace your Be1st BTS card for free.
    The fee for replacing other Be1st cards is 100Bt.
  • Monthly statement fee: 200Bt per year

• No interest charges
  • No Monthly bills – Money is deducted from your account immediately after the transaction is made.
  • No credit bureau worries
  • No need to carry cash
  • Accepted worldwide where you see the VISA sign
  • Secure online payments using Bualuang iPay
  • Card protection – If your debit Be1st card is lost or stolen you can call Bangkok Bank's Bualuang Phone 1333 to cancel your card immediately.
  • More privileges when spending – Receive special benefits and privileges
  • Effective spending management – View your detailed spending records via Bualuang iBanking

• View the balances of the accounts you have registered to your Be1st Debit card – you can view up to 10 accounts via a Bualuang ATM (including mutual funds, fixed accounts and current accounts)
  • Transfer funds to other Bangkok Bank accounts or to any other Thai bank account
  • Buy and sell Mutual Fund units
  • Top-up your mobile phone and make credit card and utility payments via a Bualuang ATM
  • Make income tax payments via a Bualuang ATM
  • Make transactions via Bualuang Phone
  • Make transactions via Bualuang iBanking

• No interest charges
  • No Monthly bills – Money is deducted from your account immediately after the transaction is made.
  • No credit bureau worries
  • No need to carry cash
  • Accepted worldwide where you see the VISA sign
  • Secure online payments using Bualuang iPay
  • Card protection – If your debit Be1st card is lost or stolen you can call Bangkok Bank's Bualuang Phone 1333 to cancel your card immediately.
  • More privileges when spending – Receive special benefits and privileges
  • Effective spending management – View your detailed spending records via Bualuang iBanking

• View the balances of the accounts you have registered to your Be1st Debit card – you can view up to 10 accounts via a Bualuang ATM (including mutual funds, fixed accounts and current accounts)
  • Transfer funds to other Bangkok Bank accounts or to any other Thai bank account
  • Buy and sell Mutual Fund units
  • Top-up your mobile phone and make credit card and utility payments via a Bualuang ATM
  • Make income tax payments via a Bualuang ATM
  • Make transactions via Bualuang Phone
  • Make transactions via Bualuang iBanking

• Like 2

I forgot to mention. The lady said the visa would cost just 100. Reason i asked her is because the cost always seems to change. I have paid 600, 500 and had them for free. I think i paid 100 once as well. They make it up as they go along.

She probably meant the initial issue fee; not the annual fee.

18 hours ago, RedCardinal said:

I got a new Be1st Rabbit Visa card just a few weeks ago in Phuket after first have got a new Union pay card when my old Be1st visa was misused. The Union thing is a waist and I personally believe it will be terminated in the future. The fee for a Be1st Rabbit visa was Thb 100,-

When it comes to branches and staff I get the feeling that in some instances the branches are using to inexperienced young people.

Edited by Felt 35

• 2 weeks later...

To further update my update from above. 

Went in there today (central pattaya) to get some more bank statements made up and to order the visa card. As I was told it was possible the week before but you must wait 7 days. Pay 200 baht and can't use your old card in meantime. 

The girl that told me it was possible the week before was not working so I asked another she initially said it wasn't possible until I mentioned the other girl said it was. Then she said yeh I could order one. She started doing the bank statements and then told me to go sit with another lady and explained to her what I needed done. I had just heard this other grouchy looking woman refuse all requests of some other guy and seem to enjoy it. Immediately she says bangkok bank doesn't have visa. I told her 2 other girls said I could order. She said I could but would need to travel to Phuket to do it at the branch where the account was originally opened. 

Anyway I got both kasikorn (visa) and scb (mastercard) up and running today so will be removing a large amount of bkk banks money and not using them anymore.

Very happy.

Kasikorn cost 800 for card. 2700 insurance. 200 some sms thing? I figured I could do with the insurance anyway. Expensive but I got a free picnic kit and pen and I now have a card that is actually useful.

20170322_152039.jpg