Lending tools

overherebc

20 minutes ago, watcharacters said:

I agree with your approach but I've had difficulty finding what I'd call quality tools here.  

Can you offer a suggestion as to where to find them?

Ive bought a heap of bluepoint gear (spanners/ratchet spaners/socket sets (1/4, 3/8, 1/2) etc etc) from hardware house for very reasonable money.

quality tools may be found here and there, really depends on what kind of tools you are after

a couple of pretty good shops very close to the Worachak intersection in BKK

good shop close to Bearing skytrain station

good shop on Rama 1, close to Bantatong

there is an ok shop named NPE in Baan Mo

57 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

Buy a good quality wrench - no problem. Buy some no name POS - problem.

If you look closely it has been cut, not broken.

If it had been just broken it would have had probably one split and the internal machining would have been damaged. Probably cut to use on something similar to a brake bleed nipple.

Edited by overherebc

Sparingly - and I was usually attached to them & helped....Always have had quality tools in a big  upper, mid & a lower rolling box + a large cantilevered box that I could pack & take and a small set usually in the cars/rv.....

One time without my knowledge my Daughter let a girl friends boy friend have access to the tools to work on his car....They seemed to mostly come back - until, you guessed it....

Within a year he broke into the work shed & stole all the tools - some he just took the drawers out leaving the bottom box gutted....He'd gotten job as an apprentice technician at the local Ford store - - - - > using my tools .....

Other stuff like weed eaters, riding lawn tractor & misc yard stuff I actually kept away from others.....Finally, giving most away to a guy that was struggling his way up doing yard maintenance....Bu that time they were mostly sitting taking up half a garage....I'd gotten rid of the horses, land, & other toys/snowmobiles - ex wife and other assorted crap.....

I've a decent set of Craftsman I brought over with me.....Much handier & dependable than the ex wife ever was....LOL....

After a while you learn that it is far better to keep your good sets of tools in the house. My good drill and angle grinder are also in the house. I bought a large box of old tools from a friend who sold his house and I kept them in my garage. Within a year the most common sizes had walked off. I also had a big box of nuts and bolts of all different sizes. They have mostly gone away also. I have an old cheap drill that amazingly still works and a cheap angle grinder that is burned out. I had about 16 large nuts and bolts that were used to put mud wheels on aside my regular tractor tires, ALL gone. I made it easy for them to steal, I kept them in a bag.