POTY: And the Winner IS

Scott

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just can not fathom the idea of someone sitting on a computer all night on Christmas eve, or Christmas Day or Boxing Day punching 39 fake accounts into a forum solely to interfere with something that has absolutely nothing to do with him/ her/ them.

Seriously..

:crazy:

Just found out. Congrats to Naam, and to Trans and VF too. Three good guys in what should have been a fun contest just for the sake of having a contest.

I look forward to the contest every year because those who get into it ( and there are far too few of them) turn it into a good social experience with lots of dumb things being said, just like a party with old friends. Of course their are always the dark clouds who have to rain on everything, and every year you get people taking it way too seriously. That is fun too because they make fools of themselves and it is fascinating to watch people break down over something as pointless and contrived as the POTY's.

But this year we had cheaters and that is unfortunate. I hope you all get banned. You have probably made it even harder to run this thing next year, and you ruined the experience. Like the fat guy with body odor and halitosis stuck beside you on a 10 hour flight in a full plane. :sick::sick::post-4641-1156693976:

Edited by canuckamuck

22 minutes ago, sipi said:

I just can not fathom the idea of someone sitting on a computer all night on Christmas eve, or Christmas Day or Boxing Day punching 39 fake accounts into a forum solely to interfere with something that has absolutely nothing to do with him/ her/ them.

Seriously..

Such is the life of a troll, unloved and bored.

Perhaps for a better method of finding poster of the year, people should try clicking on the word "Leaderboard" in the yellow bar at the top of the page.

It lists the posters who received most "likes" for their contributions over the year.

Strangely, the numbers for the guy in second place seemed to have declined recently!

Even more strange is that the guy winning the lifetime highest tally of likes has over 2 billion of them!!!

Edited by Old Croc

Congratulations to Naam for winning POTY. A worthy win.

Commiserations to Trans and VF who also deserve congratulations for their worthy contributions.

A second place again for Trans. That in itself is worthy of note.

A great shame so may votes were discounted because of the idiots attempting to skew the result.

Well done to the mods for their hard work and due diligence in this years POTY.

6 minutes ago, villagefarang said:

Congratulations to Naam, condolences to transam, and my sincerest appreciation to all who voted for me.  Once again I feel lucky to have come in third, on the podium but out of the line of fire.:jap:

Picking up an honest bronze in this year's contest where gold and silver were tainted--very good indeed.

3 hours ago, sipi said:

Who exactly is "they" that you have refered to twice? 

The "camp"?

There is no camp from what I see, transam comes across as his own man.

There was however a large percentage of the votes disallowed that had links to one banned member that created multiple accounts for reasons known only to them. I doubt very much that transam had any hand in that or would condone it.

3 hours ago, Naam said:

i am sure Trans had nothing to do with any fake votes and neither have i!

In our household I usually find it easier to take the blame for every thing, it simply saves time cos its always the farangs fault anyway.

With this in mind i'll admit that I was responsible for every one of the fake votes (and not FaceBook this time).

If I get banned, so be it so I'll wish you all the very best for 2017 while I can. Keep 'em coming Naam, you too Trans.

Edited by d123

11 minutes ago, Ron19 said:

There is no camp from what I see, transam comes across as his own man.

There was however a large percentage of the votes disallowed that had links to one banned member that created multiple accounts for reasons known only to them. I doubt very much that transam had any hand in that or would condone it.

Oh come on Ron, stop holding us in suspense. 

A slight hint?

3 minutes ago, sipi said:

Oh come on Ron, stop holding us in suspense. 

A slight hint?

Yes, think we all would like to know the location.... b0220.gif

I have read elsewhere I am still being accused of cheating by my stalker and team.....Dear oh dear....Some sad folk out there...

2 hours ago, Will27 said:

That's an interesting idea.

Should it be limited to time and or posts though?

Someone might've been a member for 5 months and have several hundred posts.

I would like to see a nomination period of 3 days and a voting period of maybe 4.

Have it all done and dusted in a week.

There has been another suggestion that any member joining up after the poll starts will have their vote disallowed.

1 hour ago, sipi said:

Seriously..

They are out there and walk amongst us.

24 minutes ago, Ron19 said:

There has been another suggestion that any member joining up after the poll starts will have their vote disallowed.

I'm just throwing things out there, but how about after the nominations, just have a leadership board

where people can vote and not comment?

Most of the crap that happens is started by comments.

So, have a nomination period for a few days and then a voting period.

You could still have the mods updating the leadership board daily.

After the result, then open up a post for comments.

1 hour ago, villagefarang said:

Congratulations to Naam, condolences to transam, and my sincerest appreciation to all who voted for me.  Once again I feel lucky to have come in third, on the podium but out of the line of fire.:jap:

Some are bad shots VF... :)

1 hour ago, Old Croc said:

Perhaps for a better method of finding poster of the year, people should try clicking on the word "Leaderboard" in the yellow bar at the top of the page.

It lists the posters who received most "likes" for their contributions over the year.

Strangely, the numbers for the guy in second place seemed to have declined recently!

Even more strange is that the guy winning the lifetime highest tally of likes has over 2 billion of them!!!

You could then average the likes per post. Some have a large number of likes but a commensurate number of posts, while others have a similar number of likes for much fewer posts. Just saying.

9 hours ago, lannarebirth said:

I think of the POTY contest as separating the wheat from the chaff.

Winnowing sounds attractive in the abstract, but usually involves shovels or pitchforks and a great deal of dirt being broadcast in the wind. Probably an apt analogy.

winnowing.jpg