Trusting farang robbed after leaving his money in the wardrobe

webfact

Trusting farang robbed after leaving his money in the wardrobe

1aa.jpg

Picture: Daily News

UDON THANI: -- A German man is counting the cost of leaving his money in the wardrobe of his new Udon love nest.

Rather than having the money in the bank the trusting German with a local Thai wife secreted his stash among the clothes in the bedroom cupboard.

Wilaiwan Kaewudorn, 31, the German's wife, said they had only popped out for a moment to get some supplies but when they got back their bedroom door was open and there were signs of a forced entry at a window, reports Daily News.

That's Wilaiwan in our photo pointing at where their 12,000 baht used to be.

She added they had known each other for years but had only moved into their new home together a month ago.

The burglary occurred at the Suksan housing estate in central Udon town.

Police are investigating.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-01-04

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look at her family prime suspects.

Years ago i hid 19.000 baht in shoes in a wardrobe, went later to get some money, all gone.

On checking who has been in my bedroom usual answer !! mai roo !!

Mother in law acting very shifty, i said get the police, i was told mil took it for safe keeping.

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Wilaiwan Kaewudorn, 31, the German's wife, said they had only popped out for a moment to get some supplies but when they got back their bedroom door was open and there were signs of a forced entry at a window, reports Daily News.

Not sure I understand all the accusations that it was the girl pointing in the OP making her guilty of the theft. According to the OP she was with her husband when the theft took place.

Very hard to carry 12,000 baht in your wallet.

Even worse for me working in Myanmar.  12,000 baht is about 450,000 kyat, which at the very least means 45 x 10,000 kyat notes.  I usually carry a few hundred $ in a mix of 5,000 and 1,000 kyat notes. There is no way that you can fit that 'wad' into a pocket!

3 minutes ago, simon43 said:

Even worse for me working in Myanmar.  12,000 baht is about 450,000 kyat, which at the very least means 45 x 10,000 kyat notes.  I usually carry a few hundred $ in a mix of 5,000 and 1,000 kyat notes. There is no way that you can fit that 'wad' into a pocket!

That's why the money belt was invented a long time ago...