Why are there no Go-Go Bars in KhaoSarn Road ?

easybullet3

As stated, it's due to zoning. There are four zones where the appropriate licenses can be issued: Soi Cowboy, Nana Plaza, Patpong and RCA.

Exactly. The law clearly identifies the areas where obvious adult entertainment and subtle sexual services can be provided. Khao Sarn Road is not one of them!

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ton of backpackers have more money than 50% of Thaivisa users over 50.

'

Many travel the "backpacker way" because they are outgoing people eager to meet others. Often fairly fit so no desire to stick it where 2000 other guys went and pay for it. Especially in Bangkok where you can pick up a normal girl easily.

On 1/5/2017 at 4:39 PM, easybullet3 said:

This is a general observation. (i am not seeking these bars), its just a question that has been on my mind

I understand. I wouldn't be seen dead in one of these joints either. But I heard from a friend that there are what are called go-go bars in a place called Nana Entertainment Plaza on Soi 3. And he told me (I did not ask because I have zero interest in such nonsense but he kept talking) that these bars have naked women dancing on a stage and that some even have large breasts and can be taken home.

Horrified at the thought of nubile Thai women being exploited I decided to investigate and see if I could do any good. As I entered the Plaza I could sense instantly that the whole place was a den of depravity. But I was determined to help and soon enough was beckoned by a scantily-clad female at the entrance of a bar. I thought to rescue her but she was not available. So I went in and ordered a beer.

After, I admit, several bottles I noticed a girl on the stage with large round breasts, colored hair and red lips who smiled repeatedly at me in a manner suggesting she indeed longed to be freed. Immediately I sprang her aid, paid several thousand baht to a horridly exploitative woman they call a mamasan and took Balloon home. 

I began undressing Balloon purely with the intention of ministering to any wounds she may have suffered during her period of captivity in the bar. It was then that I discovered to my horror a penis, one larger than mine. And despite my pleas Balloon ended up doing to me what, honestly, I had planned on doing to her. But I was satisfied. In that I had stepped forward even though this particular woman or man did not it seem need much care. But I am sure there are others in that troubled Plaza who do and I shall energetically seek them out.

3 hours ago, The Dancer said:

I understand. I wouldn't be seen dead in one of these joints either. But I heard from a friend that there are what are called go-go bars in a place called Nana Entertainment Plaza on Soi 3. And he told me (I did not ask because I have zero interest in such nonsense but he kept talking) that these bars have naked women dancing on a stage and that some even have large breasts and can be taken home.

Horrified at the thought of nubile Thai women being exploited I decided to investigate and see if I could do any good. As I entered the Plaza I could sense instantly that the whole place was a den of depravity. But I was determined to help and soon enough was beckoned by a scantily-clad female at the entrance of a bar. I thought to rescue her but she was not available. So I went in and ordered a beer.

After, I admit, several bottles I noticed a girl on the stage with large round breasts, colored hair and red lips who smiled repeatedly at me in a manner suggesting she indeed longed to be freed. Immediately I sprang her aid, paid several thousand baht to a horridly exploitative woman they call a mamasan and took Balloon home. 

I began undressing Balloon purely with the intention of ministering to any wounds she may have suffered during her period of captivity in the bar. It was then that I discovered to my horror a penis, one larger than mine. And despite my pleas Balloon ended up doing to me what, honestly, I had planned on doing to her. But I was satisfied. In that I had stepped forward even though this particular woman or man did not it seem need much care. But I am sure there are others in that troubled Plaza who do and I shall energetically seek them out.

Very funny :)  Lol

I get your point. but really you wasted your time.

i have lived in bkk for a decade.

i know where all the red light zones are...  but I am simply curious as to why KhaoSarn doesnt have it.

its a curiosity question... nothing more.

1 minute ago, easybullet3 said:

i know where all the red light zones are...  but I am simply curious as to why KhaoSarn doesnt have it.

I know. I was just having a bit of fun.

In any case, in all seriousness, to my mind KSR doesn't have a go-go scene because backpackers, typically, won't be inclined to throw cash around on beer and barfines as much as say a regular tourist, especially Japanese/Korean. Plus intra-backpacker sexual activity obviates the need for paid sex outlets.

5 minutes ago, The Dancer said:

I know. I was just having a bit of fun.

In any case, in all seriousness, to my mind KSR doesn't have a go-go scene because backpackers, typically, won't be inclined to throw cash around on beer and barfines as much as say a regular tourist, especially Japanese/Korean. Plus intra-backpacker sexual activity obviates the need for paid sex outlets.

I think your right, for the money that a backpacker could afford.... they might be able to hire the grandma working as the mama-san..... not something that would fill many backpackers fantasies :partytime2:

Edited by bkkcanuck8

On 1/6/2017 at 8:52 PM, fruitman said:

Ratchadaphisek also has plenty rentalwomen...huge clubs. And the karaoke clubs are also in every neighbourhood, just look at the signs with nice girls on them...Chaeng wattana also has them...guess the backpackers can't afford it or are not interested.

But they don't have gogos.  That is specifically what's limited to only four areas.

19 hours ago, blackcab said:

As stated, it's due to zoning. There are four zones where the appropriate licenses can be issued: Soi Cowboy, Nana Plaza, Patpong and RCA.

Seriously?  RCA?  I don't think there's ever been a gogo bar there.  It's just nightclubs and regular bars.

3 hours ago, easybullet3 said:

I suspect it might be a bit to close to the parts of town with royal/govt connections...

There's another go-go area as well... Saphan Kwai area has one too. Just isn't on the foreigner map.

2 hours ago, Saastrajaa said:

Seriously?  RCA?  I don't think there's ever been a gogo bar there.  It's just nightclubs and regular bars.

Yes, RCA falls under the same licensing category. You could get the correct license, but in reality the people you pay security payments to won't allow it to happen. 

28 minutes ago, blackcab said:

Yes, RCA falls under the same licensing category. You could get the correct license, but in reality the people you pay security payments to won't allow it to happen. 

In keeping with the topic of this thread, however, I don't believe it would be possible, no matter how high the bribes, to open a gogo in RCA...I doubt anyone would try, anyway--it's not a Pussy for Pay area, never has been.  The areas in which gogos can operate seem to be fixed: Patpong, Cowboy, Nana, Sutthisan.

Edited by Saastrajaa

12 minutes ago, Saastrajaa said:

In keeping with the topic of this thread, however, I don't believe it would be possible, no matter how high the bribes, to open a gogo in RCA...I doubt anyone would try, anyway--it's not a Pussy for Pay area, never has been.  The areas in which gogos can operate seem to be fixed: Patpong, Cowboy, Nana, Sutthisan.

It is not made up of gogos oriented to westerners, but is this not the area that also houses places like Poseidon, Emmanuelle and Ceasars palace as well as a number of swanky "Gentlemen's hostess clubs"... in addition to the regular nightclubs? 

8 hours ago, The Dancer said:

Are there 2 Nana Plazas? I always thought it was on Soi 4.

37 minutes ago, Saastrajaa said:

Pay for Play

It is not made up of gogos oriented to westerners, but is this not the area that also houses places like Poseidon, Emmanuelle and Ceasars palace as well as a number of swanky "Gentlemen's hostess clubs"... in addition to the regular nightclubs? 

No. That's Ratchadapisek. And massage places are not considered entertainment.

On 1/5/2017 at 5:44 PM, easybullet3 said:

...while backpackers are generally with LESS money, they are in Thailand and its pretty obvious that a gogo bar would be PACKED with wide eyed swedish girls, guys and foreigners wanting to see the famous sights of thailand...

The OP is talking about wide-eyed, curiosity seeking "swedish girls, guys and foreigners" popping in to ogle the chrome pole molesters... but once they get the bill for the beer, the curiosity fades fast.

...well that's what happens with the few backpackers that take a hike over to Nana or Cowboy anyway.

Edited by NanLaew

1 hour ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

No, you're confusing RCA, which is on a low-numbered soi off of Ratchada and a nightclub area for young Thais, with the many soapy massage places further north on Ratchada.  But no gogos of any kind.  Those gogos (oriented toward Thai men) you will find on Suthisan Rd, which is a left off Ratchada quite a ways up (there's an MRT stop for it), and several km west of Ratchada.  Not recommended unless 1) your Thai is really good and 2) you go with a Thai woman who used to work there, which is what I did.  Interesting experience, but I wouldn't go again.

1 hour ago, Saastrajaa said:

No, you're confusing RCA, which is on a low-numbered soi off of Ratchada and a nightclub area for young Thais, with the many soapy massage places further north on Ratchada.  But no gogos of any kind.  Those gogos (oriented toward Thai men) you will find on Suthisan Rd, which is a left off Ratchada quite a ways up (there's an MRT stop for it), and several km west of Ratchada.  Not recommended unless 1) your Thai is really good and 2) you go with a Thai woman who used to work there, which is what I did.  Interesting experience, but I wouldn't go again.

Not sure who is confused.

RCA is off Rama 9 Rd, not Ratchadaphisek.

The bars on Suthisan Rd are a few hundred meters from Saphan Kwai BTS station, miles away from the MRT. 

There's actually quite a few areas,,, but mainly the 3 most known, "touristy" ones,, Cowboy, Nana, Pat Pong,,, there's many others, that cater either to local Thai's, or Japanese businessmen,, and many do not look like a "go-go" from the outside,, at ALL,, you'd never know just passing by, no neon, etc, maybe 2-3 clustered together,,, I know,, I've been,, Several were quite far outside the, "normal" touristy areas,, I had a Thai friend, businessman, that knew them all, and several times while out with him, he took me around with him,,, I think he was in the liqure distributing biz,, (I never really asked),, And the managers/owners all seem to know him, We never paid for a single drink,,, he knew them all,, So ya, there are other, "areas".. 

Edited by Adeeos

On 06/01/2017 at 7:51 AM, bkkcanuck8 said:

Yes, Backpackers are such a noble and glorious group of people that they are respected by their loving Thai hosts and given an honourary title which roughly translates into "western bird poo droppings" :smile:

this phrase is not directed at backpackers but can be used to describe any western foreigner. fyi.