Who picked up that pick-up? Accident scene beggars belief

webfact

Who picked up that pick-up? Accident scene beggars belief

2a.jpg

Picture: Thairath

BANGKOK: -- Our pictures this morning show the aftermath of a four vehicle pile up on the Rama 2 road west of Bangkok yesterday afternoon.

A car is believed to have rear ended a pick-up as there was a multiple collision on the fast part of the road heading into the city.

2b.jpg

Picture: Thairath

Two people were injured and taken to Clinic Bang Khun Thian 5.

The accident caused a severe traffic snarl-up in the area.

Police are interviewing all concerned to try to fathom exactly what happened.

Source: Thairath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-01-17

43 minutes ago, steffi said:

This is what it looked like when that DJ deliberately reversed his pickup into the car behind him. I don't believe any car ends up like this if it wasn't reversing.

That corolla has slipped straight under the rear of the pick up. They are light in the tray and the toyota has slowed late, ploughed under. Must have been hammering. Very possible.

16 hours ago, optad said:

That corolla has slipped straight under the rear of the pick up. They are light in the tray and the toyota has slowed late, ploughed under. Must have been hammering. Very possible.

It's a Honda Accord and has been 'hammered by the Vigo don't apply for a job in crash investigation:smile:

4 minutes ago, kartman said:

It's a Honda Accord and has been 'hammered by the Vigo don't apply for a job in crash investigation:smile:

Thanks Cartman. I will take that as a compliment. So many ready memes for this one but i had to resist!!

10 minutes ago, steffi said:

Easy! They probably don't pay out when expected.

I've only had one dealing with an insurance company here and they paid in full within a few days after they were satisfied that all was in order. 

The stories I could tell you about the experience / nightmares I've had with insurance companies in Europe for considerably less... I don't even want to go there. 

Speed is more than likely the cause of this accident, and many others like it. 

That combined with poor driving skills and eventually other distractions (phone, TV, passengers, etc.)  is a deadly combination. 

Edited by djayz

3 minutes ago, fxe1200 said:

It is their exorbitant rates.

Not sure about that but logic should have your statement stand as correct.

Nonetheless, my car in Aus is ten years old [2005 camry] and comprehensively insured a 30000 baht per annum. My BT50 is spanking in thailand new yet 23000 baht for same policy. Australia does not have Thailand's road trauma nor accident occurrence. Help me understand that?

I was riding a a passenger in a vehicle in Saudi Arabia some years ago.

Two Saudis in a pickup wentpast us at high speed.

They were changing lanes and somehow  went on to the grass center devider.

When they hit the grass their pickup truck went into a somersault and flipped up into the air.

Their vwhicle went past our vehicle  at high speed at least a meter off the ground and came down on another vehicle's rear.

They were both killed and their pickup ended up on top of the other vehicle.

I have seen it happen, so I know for a fact a vehicle involved in an accident can go airborne and come down on another vehicle.

39 minutes ago, optad said:

Nonetheless, my car in Aus is ten years old [2005 camry] and comprehensively insured a 30000 baht per annum. My BT50 is spanking in thailand new yet 23000 baht for same policy. Australia does not have Thailand's road trauma nor accident occurrence. Help me understand that?

Labour and business costs are lower in Thailand. Also quality control less stringent and litigation less likely. Oh, and Aus is bloody expensive for anything these days :(

Labour and business costs are lower in Thailand. Also quality control less stringent and litigation less likely. Oh, and Aus is bloody expensive for anything these days [emoji20]

Perhaps one of the factors, connected with lower labour costs is their willingness/ability to undertake extensive repairs rather than write off damaged vehicles.

I go past a vehicle repair workshop regularly, and I am often amazed at some of the pristine vehicles that a week before were sitting outside as total wrecks

Mind you, I do wonder how well some of them might go round corners...

5 hours ago, smedly said:

I would be willing to wager that phone use is the cause of this incident and many many others on Thai roads

something I have witnessed firsts hand on several occasions

You;ll probably find that the phone caused the accident and then the idiots who just HAVE to take a photo or video clip to post on their YouTube or Facebook pages and stand in the way of already snarled up traffic then contribute to maintaining the chaos.

2 minutes ago, Pdaz said:

Labour and business costs are lower in Thailand. Also quality control less stringent and litigation less likely. Oh, and Aus is bloody expensive for anything these days :(

I hear you and not too simple to understand the differentials. But...

I have never claimed in  Aus in over thirty years of driving. The camry is worth at best 6000 AUD, [look at the premium to insured ratio]. Yet my BT has had two claims. One me backing into a palm stump requiring a new tail gate and second being reared ended. More complicated. Car cost 2014 900000 baht or about 31000aud then.

Despite low accident incidence in aus but high cost of correction still makes poor economy. I am low risk. Meh. Camry goes third party hereon end methinks.

1 hour ago, optad said:

Not only that unlike oz your premiums dont seem to rise my hilux is around 20000 baht a year for full comprehensive my missus had 3 bingles the first year she started driving 2 minor and 1 decent one. So 3 claims in one year and the following year my insurance dropped a couple thousand baht. In Australia you would be hammered. In NSW you ve got rego, compulsory third party, then your nominated insurance then all the penalties new driver, age of car, age of driver and it goes on and on.