Lampang woman furious with "big bank" after losing finger in branch door

webfact

1 hour ago, little mary sunshine said:

Some Police General or Army General's wife B 10,000,000 hope

she gets a GOOD Lawyer!!!

I wonder if Thai law covers occupiers liability

"Occupiers' liability is a field of tort law, codified in statute, which concerns the duty of care owed by those who occupy real property, through ownership or lease, to people who visit or trespass. It deals with liability that may arise from accidents caused by the defective or dangerous condition of the premises"

17 hours ago, ezzra said:

The bank should and must have a public liability insurance for such cases,

and I'm they have, they just don't want to bother to help a mere lowly

customer, if it was me, I'd sue the pants of them for millions.....

That's all you would get in the west for finger,probably less.She should take the generous offer.Bank could sit this out for years.A lot of countries would have sewed it back on.

Well, let the media name the offending bank. But that won't happen, no matter how accurate the report and how hazardous its fittings and furnishings.

But she certainly should sue for more than the measly amount on offer. At least another zero. And the bank and insurance company should thank their lucky amulets that they are in Thailand, not the west.

10 hours ago, louse1953 said:

That's all you would get in the west for finger,probably less.She should take the generous offer.Bank could sit this out for years.A lot of countries would have sewed it back on.

'A lot of countries would have sewed it back on.' I doubt any country would have done any such thing. The hospital doctors would. And apparently could, had the bank not insisted on faffing around, and on using one specific hospital.

On 18/01/2017 at 8:00 AM, Gerard052 said:

Just have to look where you are going next time.  Are you blind?  How can somebody lose a finger in a door?  It takes great talent.

Can't speak for the finger severing door, but I blame the toe biter on a heavy, stiff door that opened very slowly but snapped shut very fast, combined with some excellent local manufacturing standards that resulted in a razor sharp, jagged piece of metal sticking out from the corner of the door. Surprisingly this was one of the rare occasions when I was actually looking where I was going and not engrossed in Thai visa on my phone.