Transport from New Bus Terminus to Clock Tower

Cuchulainn

Hope someone can help with transport from the new bus terminus (near the airport) to the clock tower.

A short while ago, the bus from Suvarnabhumi airport used to arrive at the bus terminus at soi 96 but now drops passengers off near the airport. It costs B260 from BKK to HH and they are asking another B100 per person to ferry passengers another 6 or 7 kms to the town centre. I think this is outrageous and scandalous. Talk about milking people!! I am not a Cheap Charlie (we are staying in a very nice 4 star hotel) but absolutely refuse to be ripped off, cheated or taken for a ride(excuse the pun).

Can anyone please tell me if there are songthaews or public buses that pass/stop on the highway at the airport?

Many thanks.

The shuttle bus run until the 31st Jan, after that you are at the mercy of the taxi guys and i'm sure they are rubbing their hands with glee

There is a songthaew service that runs up that way but I don't know how often

Another option may be to flag down one of the minibuses coming into HH from BKK, if they have spaces they will take you, probably around 20-30 Baht