Notifications

KarenBravo

7 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

Previously, notifications were in black font, then, when you had read them, they would show as grey font.

Now, they are black after you read them. Can't tell what has been read and what hasn't. This happened a couple of days ago.

Glad it's not just me - thought my eyes were going.

On 1/23/2017 at 3:11 AM, KarenBravo said:

....and now I find that everything has been enabled on the notification settings page. Was this due to some patch, or something?

My computer has started going off like a pinball machine. It starts making noises anytime anyone posts anything, anywhere. I think I need to shut down all notifications to end being besieged by unwanted notifications

I'm getting Notifications for every post in anything I've ever posted in.  Just checked the settings and all the Notification settings had been switched on.  I switched off Notifications for each times someone replies (the first option), but still getting Notifications for everything that moves.  At lease I've managed to switch off the damn Notification sound!

4 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

It seems every time you post something you are automatically made a "Follower" of that thread.

You then get notifications of every subsequent post.

You have to "Unfollow" each thread.

Annoying!

Look here how to turn that off