Trump accelerates controversial Keystone and Dakota pipelines

webfact

1 minute ago, craigt3365 said:

Very true.  The last 2 cities I came from had very good public transport.  The village where my wife is from has ZERO.  So no songtheaws.

Fair enough. My wife's village had no songtheaws or m'bike taxis, but it did have an hourly bus to the city. Where I live now has about 5 buses elsewhere a day, and you have to reserve a seat on the intercity bus, unlike Thailand where I just turned up and always got a seat ( referring to the local buses, not the government ones ).

Of course in LOS everyone ( more or less ) has a motorbike, but here too expensive ( more than a car to register every year ).

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

53 minutes ago, Grubster said:

If that pipeline is not needed than I guess none are, than you wouldn't have to worry about why you drive. Good public transport requires fuel too. Either you like oil and its ramifications or you don't.  Sounds like you aren't going to give up your soft life for the environment anytime soon.

I wonder why aren't you blasting Trump for deregulating and silencing the EPA? After all you were crying about manufacturers polluting in the other thread we debated about.

Good public transport rely on electricty / CNG/ NGV - not diesel or fuel. That is the trend now. 

Pipeline can be rerouted further away to decrease the likelihood of contamination in accidents.

1 hour ago, Srikcir said:

And Canada doesn't need Keystone.

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau of Canada approved in November 2016 the expansion of a pipeline linking the oil sands in Alberta to a tanker port in Vancouver, British Columbia. The Kinder Morgan Trans Mountain project will increase the capacity of a 53-year-old pipeline to 890,000 barrels a day from 300,000 and expand the tanker port.

There is also the Line 3 replacement from Alberta to Wisconson that has been given the go ahead with a 760,000 bbl capacity. 

1 hour ago, mike324 said:

I wonder why aren't you blasting Trump for deregulating and silencing the EPA? After all you were crying about manufacturers polluting in the other thread we debated about.

Good public transport rely on electricty / CNG/ NGV - not diesel or fuel. That is the trend now. 

Pipeline can be rerouted further away to decrease the likelihood of contamination in accidents.

I was complaining that we have let China pollute so they could undercut our workers. In case you haven't noticed the US has very clean standards, but if this is at the cost of our jobs I am all for loosening our restrictions if we cannot get China to play on an equal playing field. You are saying that its good for you to not burn a tire in your yard so just pay your neighbor to burn it in his.

Most electricity comes from fossil fuels, Nuclear plants, Large hydroelectric environment destroying dams. The power you use is causing problems. Trend yes, maybe in two hundred years we can get 50% renewable if the demand stops increasing today.

Yes they can run the pipeline over the Rocky Mountains, then ship it to a refinery in the US or elsewhere. Not sure that comes at less risk though.

1 hour ago, Grubster said:

I was complaining that we have let China pollute so they could undercut our workers. In case you haven't noticed the US has very clean standards, but if this is at the cost of our jobs I am all for loosening our restrictions if we cannot get China to play on an equal playing field. You are saying that its good for you to not burn a tire in your yard so just pay your neighbor to burn it in his.

Most electricity comes from fossil fuels, Nuclear plants, Large hydroelectric environment destroying dams. The power you use is causing problems. Trend yes, maybe in two hundred years we can get 50% renewable if the demand stops increasing today.

Yes they can run the pipeline over the Rocky Mountains, then ship it to a refinery in the US or elsewhere. Not sure that comes at less risk though.

The US indeed has clean standards, I am afraid by curbing the EPA, our standards will be dropping. I don't agree with it if it brings back jobs. You just can't have it all, saving the environment comes at a price The power we use in the US is causing problems, yes again what is your point? We should be promoting alternative energy, not bringing back coal and promote the use of fossil fuel further.