Win a Pair of Tickets to Eddie Izzard in Bangkok 28th February

Inspire

Win a Pair of Tickets to Eddie Izzard in Bangkok 28th February

Win tickets and meet Eddie Izzard in person!

Inspire and Thaivisa has teamed up with Eddie Izzard and his team to offer a lucky winner the chance to see Eddie live in Bangkok on the 28th February.

All you need to do is email in your best joke before Thursday 23rd February to [email protected]. Eddie will personally judge the best entry. The winner will get a pair of tickets to the show and also get to personally meet Eddie back stage before the show.

“Force Majeure” Show Details
British stand-up comedian Eddie Izzard will be making his Bangkok debut this Feb 28 at Kbank Siam Pic-Ganesha Theater (Siam Square, Rama 1 Rd. BTS Siam). Interestingly, Eddie performs on the same day as Guns and Roses perform in the capital – and not a weekend either, as it will be a Tuesday.

He’ll be performing his “Force Majeure” live show, a set that has toured extensively around the world since 2013. Other Asian destinations on this leg include Singapore and Hong Kong, with Bangkok tickets going for B2,000-3,800

The actor-slash-comedian is also known for transvestism, which he often discusses in his shows. He’s also appeared in films such as Ocean’s Twelve, Ocean’s Thirteen, Cars 2 and The Chronicles of Narnia.

What to Expect

Get your tickets now: Showbooking.com

1 hour ago, rmacee said:

The locals will be confused ..Is he a Ladyboy or just a clown .. Probably trying to be both!!

Honestly? You actually think the locals will pay 2000 baht to see his show? No, it'll be an entirely falang audience except for some free VIP tickets that will be gifted to underlings.

On 25/01/2017 at 3:06 PM, DiamondKing said:

He looks funny thats about it 

This is how he chose to present himself on BBC's question time, not previously noted as a comedy programme, where, needless to say, he was totally obnoxious to other panel members he did not agree with, re Brexit.

Each to his own I guess; I can't see what appeal he would possibly have in Thailand.

Related image

Everyone's sense of humour is different. His humour is quite unique. You either 'get' him or u dont. Personally I think he is brilliant.

Sorry but as most of the above comments demonstrate, my opinion is that his act would pass far over the heads of most Thai Expats.

His take on the British Empire and his James Mason voice for God are hilarious. He also does a great Sean Connery takeoff. Very clever and intelligent humour. Being as most ThaiVisa people where born with  humour bypass only a few will be applying for the tickets and I may win. Great.

How does this work.I am very neutral about Izzard.I neither like him or dislike him.I certainly wouldnt pay 2000 thb to go and see him in BKK.It would mean a lot of traveling.If he was in KK and the tickets were reasonable,then i might go. But i would like to know how its works.Does he do his stuff through an interpreter for the Thias that do go and see him? He has a very distinct type of humour where the jokes are sometimes told incorporating body language and facial expression.How do the Thai people understand that? I dont know the capacity of the venue where he is appearing but one would guess 2000 or so.Are there 2000 Izzard fans in BKK or the surrounding areas? I suppose his  transvestism may be a lure for some members of the audience,but i have never thought of him as a very good looking or convincing transvestite at the best of times.I can understand locals and Foreigners going to see a concert where a popular/famous, band are performing,as music is a common denominator of global significance,but humour must be hard to get across.I know when i was living in America they didnt understand English sarcasm,or subtle humour.I found them to be more of a people that understood,visual,bordering on the slapstick humour more appealing.So i dont know,for the life of me what the local thai people will make of Izzard.

On 1/29/2017 at 0:36 PM, Mansell said:

His take on the British Empire and his James Mason voice for God are hilarious. He also does a great Sean Connery takeoff. Very clever and intelligent humour. Being as most ThaiVisa people where born with  humour bypass only a few will be applying for the tickets and I may win. Great.

Thanks for pointing it out ie most of us expats have humour by-bypass because we can't see anything funny in this tarted up bloke, whose about as funny as a turd in a swimming pool, I would have added to each his own, But thank God for your wisdom and enlightened self, to point out the error of our ways! 

Edited by maxcorrigan
bit more info

On 2017/1/30 at 9:30 PM, Khon Kaen Dave said:

How does this work.I am very neutral about Izzard.I neither like him or dislike him.I certainly wouldnt pay 2000 thb to go and see him in BKK.It would mean a lot of traveling.If he was in KK and the tickets were reasonable,then i might go. But i would like to know how its works.Does he do his stuff through an interpreter for the Thias that do go and see him? He has a very distinct type of humour where the jokes are sometimes told incorporating body language and facial expression.How do the Thai people understand that? I dont know the capacity of the venue where he is appearing but one would guess 2000 or so.Are there 2000 Izzard fans in BKK or the surrounding areas? I suppose his  transvestism may be a lure for some members of the audience,but i have never thought of him as a very good looking or convincing transvestite at the best of times.I can understand locals and Foreigners going to see a concert where a popular/famous, band are performing,as music is a common denominator of global significance,but humour must be hard to get across.I know when i was living in America they didnt understand English sarcasm,or subtle humour.I found them to be more of a people that understood,visual,bordering on the slapstick humour more appealing.So i dont know,for the life of me what the local thai people will make of Izzard.

May be Eddie Izzard is getting old, he chooses the wrong country . For his jokes to be understood you do need a very wide background understanding of culture of Farang and other historical facts.

Free tickets given to Thais are just wasted. Not that I look down on Thais, it's just the cultural thing, very subtle and defies explanation sometimes.

Eddie in Thailand? he needs his head examine first. There are 10 millions(is this figure right I read somewhere) farang living in thailand , may be that figures attract his attention.  In Bkk may be at least 4 millions I guess. Being a poofter (gay- british expression) he was not always well liked by the very straight.

On January 25, 2017 at 3:06 PM, rmacee said:

The locals will be confused ..Is he a Ladyboy or just a clown .. Probably trying to be both!!

He describes himself (or used to) as a lesbian !!!...    funny guy..

As others have already said... his humour is perhaps a little different and over the heads of some, that said, everyones tastes are different and Roy Chubby Brown is perhaps a little old to tour.. 

24 minutes ago, thai3 said:

so did Jimmy Saville and we know what he was

You may not like his humour or his lifestyle choices.

But to compare him to someone like Saville is very low.

Unless you have proof of course.

Edited by tj916

On January 31, 2017 at 3:43 PM, maxcorrigan said:

Thanks for pointing it out ie most of us expats have humour by-bypass because we can't see anything funny in this tarted up bloke, whose about as funny as a turd in a swimming pool, I would have added to each his own, But thank God for your wisdom and enlightened self, to point out the error of our ways! 

Yes, I would save your money, mainly because my humour completely passed you by......Ops, there it went again.

On 28/01/2017 at 5:59 PM, SunsetT said:

Everyone's sense of humour is different. His humour is quite unique. You either 'get' him or u dont. Personally I think he is brilliant.

Sorry but as most of the above comments demonstrate, my opinion is that his act would pass far over the heads of most Thai Expats.

He is a nice gut met him in Berlin when filming with mr Cruise Valkerie them at the premier had a drink with him at the aftershow party in london ..but this was a serious role  as far as his shows I suppose its each to hos own