Nasty Thai guide leaves Chinese tour group stranded in Pattaya - then sends them message to say he's scarpered!

webfact

Nasty Thai guide leaves Chinese tour group stranded in Pattaya - then sends them message to say he's scarpered!

2pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

PATTAYA: -- Police have arrested a Thai tour guide who brought five tourists to visit Pattaya from Bangkok.

But instead of checking them in and showing them a good time he dumped them at the resort.

Then to add insult to injury he used the WeChat messenging service to contact the stranded tourists in Chinese saying: "I'm off. I don't have money for gas. And I don't have money for the hotel", reported Daily News.

The tourists had to fork out the cost of the hotel themselves and couldn't get back to Bangkok. They went to the tourist police who soon arrested 39 year old Burin Sakunchotiphong on a warrant.

He is facing charges of being a fake guide and conning the tourists and was shown to the press yesterday.

Appearing with him in the line up were a Thai guide and a Chinese woman arrested on another case.

Tourist police arrested Sia Jun,30, a Chinese national, on suspicion of acting as a tour guide without the necessary paperwork.

She was arrested at the Sea View Thian seafood restaurant on Sukhumvit Road in Banglamung. Tourists with her confirmed that she was acting as their guide.

The man who hired her - Jaturon Kritnan - was found to be a registered guide only allowed to operate in Bangkok. He was charged with allowing the Chinese woman to act on his behalf while she was charged with working without the necessary documentation.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-02-02

I wonder who will receive the bigger punishment - the false conman guide who stole his customers money,  or the guide who is a Chinese national (working without the necessary paperwork)

My money will be on the Chinese guide.

Edited by NeilSA1

I am always annoyed at the hats,scarfs,masks whatever they are allowed to wear to hide their faces. They obviously don't understand that it makes them look more guilty.

Or are they just trying to save 'face' ;)

4 hours ago, DoctorG said:

Chinese on tour groups rarely speak either Thai or the universal English.

And Thai guides that can speak Chinese are hard if not impossible to find.

Thais that speak Chinese well Would work for bigger companies.

14 hours ago, Seismic said:

I am always annoyed at the hats,scarfs,masks whatever they are allowed to wear to hide their faces. They obviously don't understand that it makes them look more guilty.

Or are they just trying to save 'face' ;)

In this case it seems the RTP are handing out free souvenir hats....... wonder if it is a new policy.