Phuket jet-ski accident: Australian Thomas Keating faces month-long wait in Thailand

webfact

2 minutes ago, mcfish said:

Lucky for him he has close family. Most 2 week millionaires would have no further funds and would rely heavily on their first pay check when they get back

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Me for one.........:stoner:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, transam said:

Have you ever been at sea in a small craft having fun and what that small craft can do....?

Actually ,yes i have and i am not denying that a bow wave is produced by most sea  going craft, but  in this case is very doubtful, and he would have made that point if it were so.

Firstly he blamed the sun, now its this "big wave" and or a combination of.

He is known that he was travelling at high speed, zig-zaging  and being a bit of a pratt, doing do-nuts and close passes etc.ie acting very irresponsibly..end of!

You see it all so often, the young guy full of testosterone showing off to the girl and the majority of the time luck is with them and no one dies.

1 minute ago, garryjohns said:

Actually ,yes i have and i am not denying that a bow wave is produced by most sea  going craft, but  in this case is very doubtful, and he would have made that point if it were so.

Firstly he blamed the sun, now its this "big wave" and or a combination of.

He is known that he was travelling at high speed, zig-zaging  and being a bit of a pratt, doing do-nuts and close passes etc.ie acting very irresponsibly..end of!

You see it all so often, the young guy full of testosterone showing off to the girl and the majority of the time luck is with them and no one dies.

To be very nice, I do try, I don't think you know what you are talking about...You read like a "hang 'em high" sort of poster.....But to clarify....Wave from craft, sun in eyes, could cause a problem to two folk having fun on fast water machines....If LOS allows these machines to be rented out to make MONEY from the farangs then they must expect this sort of occurrence...

To be very nice, I do try, I don't think you know what you are talking about...You read like a "hang 'em high" sort of poster.....But to clarify....Wave from craft, sun in eyes, could cause a problem to two folk having fun on fast water machines....If LOS allows these machines to be rented out to make MONEY from the farangs then they must expect this sort of occurrence...

Either way you slice it he was an idiot. If the sun is blinding you and you know your partner is in close proximity why would you not slow down?

2 minutes ago, mcfish said:

Either way you slice it he was an idiot. If the sun is blinding you and you know your partner is in close proximity why would you not slow down?

Think you may be the ______if YOU do not understand that the suns reflection from a wave happens in an INSTANT...........Stick to your Click chap...

Seems you have a "hang 'em high" logic, but then you probably have never been an adventurous guy or gal like those the topic is about........Never mind eh.....

Ugghhh.. why attack me? I'm just commenting on the topic at hand.

Learn to play the ball not the man eh?..

Difficult one .

Should he be prosecuted ?

People are suggesting that he shouldnt on the basis that he loved her

Should that be a factor ?

If it was on the roads and it involved two motorbikes and the other guy was a young Thai guy driving recklessly which caused a death , would "I loved her" be an acceptable defense for his actions ?

3 minutes ago, mcfish said:

Ugghhh.. why attack me? I'm just commenting on the topic at hand.

Learn to play the ball not the man eh?..

I am just responding to your stuff...Your posts.......Get a grip man............

facepalm.gif

11 hours ago, mduras01 said:

It's called manslaughter, unfortunately.

Causing death by negligence maybe which would be 2nd degree manslaughter or something similar. This is a much lesser charge than manslaughter in the 1st degree. But really this was just an accident. Two inexperienced people on what are high powered, dangerous machines. Tragic. And what are the good ol' BIB doing? This is nothing more than extortion. If there's any crime to answer for, it's this.

20 hours ago, oldgent said:

this is outrages , on what grounds? on what evidence do they possess to even consider charges against this poor guy

he will carry this to his death ,he will never forget. or do they have to prosecute him in order 

for the Jet Ski operator can get compensation. 

He was incompetent on a jetski and using it in a incorrect manner.1st time on a jet ski.Manslaughter.

I am just responding to your stuff...Your posts.......Get a grip man............
facepalm.gif.82102e24295004e2af0ed62ec8e5d6eb.gif

Deary me.. please stay on topic and back off dude!

Anyway, I doubt the bib are going for a payoff, extortion now its an international story would be a dumb move

Just now, sanemax said:

That isnt an answer to my question .

Once again, "Have the BiB made a request for money from him, or is that just an assumption on your part ?

What do you think? TIT. Hand over some money we'll smooth things out and you can go home. Do you think this is a possible scenario? You get done for DUI here and its a bt10,000 fine and you're locked up until your court appearance. Pay 20,000 no lock up , no court. Where do you think that 20 grand goes. I would be very surprised if money isn't handed over by the families? Maybe in way of a fine who knows. Remember there is still repatriation of the body. On top of everything else this will be an extra Bt200,00+. 

Well since you need a licence to drive one of those things and the Thais just don;t bother to enforce the law on might question whether the authorities and renter are not also guilty of manslaughter renting the craft to people who they know have no capability to drive and certainly aren't licenced to do so.  That would be criminal negligence in most jurisdictions but we can;t have any Thai go to prison for something done against a foreigner now can we in this fine upstanding nation.

Would be great to see the lame Thai Justice System put as much effort in bringing the "Red Bull" heir to account as they are spending on this unfortunate incident. IMHO the jet ski operators are as much to blame as anyone, certainly hope the girls family get the full payment out of the "Compulsory" insurance these pricks should have. --- Silly me = dreaming!

Edited by bdenner
Typo

1 hour ago, sebastion said:

How nice.
7 hours of questioning after the tragic death of a partner.
Yet drunk drivers kill and report to police station at their own discretion.
This is sickening.

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk

The difference is national or foreigner. Nationals are treated very differently to foreigners. That's how it is and unlikely to change.

1 minute ago, bdenner said:

Would be great to see the lame Thai Justice System put as much effort in bringing the "Red Bull" heir to account as they are spending on this unfortunate incident. IMHO the jet ski operators are as much to blame as anyone, certainly hope the girls family get the full payment out of the "Compulsory" insurance these pricks should have. --- Silly me = dreaming!

If he was a Thai national, a member of a vastly wealthy and influential powerful family, then he'd have been treated like red bull boy.

Let's see, one is drunk, maybe high on cocaine, driving a high performance car an excess of the speed limit, hits and kills a police motor cyclist, drags the body for some distance, flees the scene, and tries to pervert the course of justice. Never questioned despite being asked to attend a few times, but was either busy or ill, and then chooses to move outside Thailand and wait the statute of limitations expiry. Of course no attempts are made to extradite him.

The other is involved in a tragic accident whilst on holiday in a foreign country, in which his finance dies. The people who hired the jet ski are aware of the law that only licensed riders can ride jet skis but hired it anyway. Both people were having a good time on holiday when a tragic accident occurred which would never have happened had the law requiring licenses been enforced ever. Then the surviving partner is subjected to 7 hours, albeit 2 of which are for lunch, and then charged with his passport confiscated so he can't do a runner like the cop killer.

Easy to see where priorities lie. I hope the Australian government, press, tourist and travel industries, and public take due notice.

In my mind, what we have here is an extremely tragic accident. Licences, insurance and repairs are a separate issue. From what I can tell; neither party is to blame, an unfortunate death, and the families aren't pressing charges and sticking by him.

In my logic, I truly don't understand why the courts are getting involved.

This poor guy will carry this till the day he dies.

Then ompounded by the heartless and uncompassionate Thai authorities who have forced him into admitting his "guilt". All neatly sewn up by an utterly corrupt and rotten legal system.

A tragic accident, that's all and she, unfortunately, lost her life.

I really feel for him......

The local authority is totally to blame for this incident. They should not openly allow jetski rentals to people with no license.

In Trat province they follow the law and you will never see any jetski rentals  on koh Chang or other islands in that province.

Jetskis are only used by a small portion of the tourists coming to Thailand, most others hate them and many never return because of the nuisance they cause.

The only reason they are allowed in Phuket and Pattaya is that people of power have financial interest in this business. These people are making money of people getting killed, injured or suffer economic problems from real or imaginary damages to the equipment.