be careful

pigeonjake

On 2/18/2017 at 1:38 PM, ocddave said:

Have you driven in Bangkok?!?! There is almost no motorcycle drivers following any rules whatsoever, you would have to be blind to not notice this, or you yourself have never driven here.

And not many cars obeying the rules either except when gridlocked which is a self made problem that would not happen if drivers read the road ahead and gave way a little more. It is all the push and shove, me first, bigger is better syndromes that cause the havoc.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/18/2017 at 3:15 PM, jacko45k said:

You find it, I believe you are wrong and I have never had an issue wrt not displaying it. It isn't even a disc!

Police are happy for me to get it from under the seat and better than having it stolen

Disagree. Cars must display and there is no distinction in law (except price) between car tax and motorcycle tax. Stolen tax disc would be next to useless to another vehicle. If you are checked, visible or not, then it would be as quick to see if it did not match the vehicle as it would be to check the date.

And just because the policeman may be happy does not mean that it is lawful.

Edited by Keesters

On 2/18/2017 at 8:11 PM, ocddave said:

I am adapting perfectly, but that doesn't excuse the motorcycle drivers driving like lunatics, or on a equipment that shouldn't even be on the road, or without helmets, or without licenses, or any idea how to even drive a motorcycle for that matter. Before you ask, yes, I am a licensed motorcycle driver, and with actual driver training courses on a motorcycle (US).

You ride motorcycles - not drive them.

From the US eh ...

When it comes to being disillusioned I think it is you who are that. 90% bad motorcycle vs 50% car. I would think the figures are about the same for each type of vehicle and much lower than you estimate. But at least you are now acknowledging there are bad car drivers which is much better than your only bad motorcycle claims previously.

Let me leave you with one further thought.

Let there only be 2 wheeled vehicles on the road. How many accidents. Very few in my opinion. Motorcyclists cooperate very well with each other knowing the dangers of falling or being pushed off.

Remove all 2 wheeled vehicles from the road. How many accidents. Probably the same as now. Cars hit cars all the time with no motorcyclist in sight.

Conclusion it is not the motorcycles that cause most of the accidents they just get the worst part of it when involved.

Thai motorcyclists are more retarded than Thai car drivers.

Sent from my R2D2 using my C3P0 manservant

15 hours ago, Keesters said:

Disagree. Cars must display and there is no distinction in law (except price) between car tax and motorcycle tax. Stolen tax disc would be next to useless to another vehicle. If you are checked, visible or not, then it would be as quick to see if it did not match the vehicle as it would be to check the date.

And just because the policeman may be happy does not mean that it is lawful.

Well, in a location where the police use every opportunity to ask for cash, and many laws are irrelevant as they are not policed, I think I can continue until I have a problem. Which would likely be a small fine.... it's not like he could check it without stopping me either way! So far, over 12 years and I have got away with it... touch wood.

The issue is not how many wheels, is the drivers or the riders that did not follow the rules. You can be driving/ride very carefully but they still can hit you in all directions. Is the education, attitude and courtesy that costs accidents. Also people who crossing the road taking adventure that you sure/must stop the car on time for them. Haha

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

On 2/27/2017 at 6:07 PM, JaseTheBass said:

Thai motorcyclists are more retarded than Thai car drivers.

Sent from my R2D2 using my C3P0 manservant

Thai motorcyclists know they are vulnerable to serious injury in an accident. Thai car drivers think they are invincible and will never have an accident,  A lot of car drivers would have been motorcycle riders at some time.

Now who's the retarded ones?