Snatch and stash: Police find Brit's trove of stolen goods in Phuket

webfact

Snatch and stash: Police find Brit's trove of stolen goods in Phuket

By Asaree Thaitrakulpanich, Staff Reporter

201702241119022-20160211172134-696x464.j  

Charlie Machin at the Choeng Thale Police Station Friday morning.

PHUKET — A British man was arrested Friday on suspicion of preying on other foreign tourists to accumulate a hoard of stolen goods at his island residence.

Police arrested Charlie Machin, 53, at 1am at his rented house in the island’s Thalang district after police identified him as a suspect in the burglary of another foreign man’s home.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/crime-crime/2017/02/24/snatch-stash-brit-busted-trove-stolen-goods-phuket/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2017-02-24

British expat burglar arrested in Phuket

Phuket Gazette 

pkt11.jpeg     

Mr Machin (left) was apprehended at his rental house in Cherng Talay. Photo: Kritsada Mueanhawong

PHUKET: -- An elusive British serial burglar, who has been on the run from police for at least two years, was arrested yesterday in connection with another series of burglaries in Phuket. 

Charlie Machin, 54, was apprehended at his rental house in Soi Na Koh, Cherng Talay, with 67 items stolen from at least three homes. He was previously wanted for robbing a Swedish man’s home in Kata of about 200,000 baht in valuables, in March 2015 (story here). 

At that time, police had collected CCTV footage from cameras at the victim’s house, which showed Mr Machin breaking into the house. However, the Phuket Immigration Office could find no record of anyone with that name having arrived in Phuket. 

“On Wednesday, a Belarus national named Andrei Kruhlik filed a complaint regarding a robbery at his house in Cherng Talay,” said Cherng Talay Police Superintendent Serm Kwannimit. 

Full story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/British-expat-burglar-arrested-Phuket/66301?desktopversion#ad-image-0

pgazette_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket Gazette 2017-02-24

There are few Brits doing Drug smuggling and running cosy Ops in different parts of Thailand. When one or 2 get arrested some intelligent Brits will question the looks of the arrested and stupidly say" he doesn't look like a Brit"

Imagine if he was a half cast or British Of West Indian decent ??

I stop ere?

51 minutes ago, phantomfiddler said:

He doesn,t look like a Brit to me, more like from somewhere southeast of our fair isle ! He should be jailed until he has repaid all of the people he robbed, and then 100 lashes a la Singapore :)

Yeah, his T-shirt has sleeves.

Dead givaway.

11 minutes ago, Moti24 said:

I hope they don't deport him back to the UK; don't want him to rip-off any of my fellow-countrymen.  A bit of time in the Bangkok Hilton should adjust his kleptomaniac tendencies.

You probably find he has been doing this for years back in the UK. 

If the Brits are like Canadians, they could be from anywhere, just travelling with a British passport.

Canadians look like people from all over the world, because they were from somewhere else 

before becoming a Canadian.  This thief looks like that kind of a person. An immigrant Brit.

Throw his butt into a Thai prison for as long as possible.

Geeze4

PM must be on his knees thanking Buddha.

After the disastrous pummelling the tourist industry has taken this past week, finally a rotten to the core farang to divert attention away from it.

I am British and reasonably proud of it, but I hope this scumbag is dealt with harshly.

It is tough enough when you are being blamed for all host of imaginary sins, without people like this dragging our good name down.

At 12 months per item, I doubt he will be doing anything like it again for some time.

In fact, all he will be doing is precisely that, Time!

Fair play to the BIB. They get a lot of stick from us, but this time they have done good.

28 minutes ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

If the Brits are like Canadians, they could be from anywhere, just travelling with a British passport.

Canadians look like people from all over the world, because they were from somewhere else 

before becoming a Canadian.  This thief looks like that kind of a person. An immigrant Brit.

Throw his butt into a Thai prison for as long as possible.

Geeze4

It seems there have been more than enough quality Brit stories in the last few weeks. You say, " . . .This thief looks like that kind of a person. An immigrant Brit . . . " Are you attempting to defend Brits with that untenable statement?  I'd suggest you start with something a little more reasonable, like the number of Brits here as opposed to other nationalities.

In this large populated country it is bound to have many scum bags coming from what ever country and when they get cut well it seen appropriate to mention the nationality, so it is just a drop of water in a large ocean.

Nothing to worry about one down ten are here doing the same.

Welcome to Thailand the land of smiles.

3 hours ago, phantomfiddler said:

He doesn,t look like a Brit to me, more like from somewhere southeast of our fair isle ! He should be jailed until he has repaid all of the people he robbed, and then 100 lashes a la Singapore :)

There's millions up in the north of you're fair isle, that don't look British either!

5 hours ago, webfact said:

British expat burglar arrested in Phuket

Phuket Gazette 

pkt11.jpeg     

Mr Machin (left) was apprehended at his rental house in Cherng Talay. Photo: Kritsada Mueanhawong

PHUKET: -- An elusive British serial burglar, who has been on the run from police for at least two years, was arrested yesterday in connection with another series of burglaries in Phuket. 

Charlie Machin, 54, was apprehended at his rental house in Soi Na Koh, Cherng Talay, with 67 items stolen from at least three homes. He was previously wanted for robbing a Swedish man’s home in Kata of about 200,000 baht in valuables, in March 2015 (story here). 

At that time, police had collected CCTV footage from cameras at the victim’s house, which showed Mr Machin breaking into the house. However, the Phuket Immigration Office could find no record of anyone with that name having arrived in Phuket. 

“On Wednesday, a Belarus national named Andrei Kruhlik filed a complaint regarding a robbery at his house in Cherng Talay,” said Cherng Talay Police Superintendent Serm Kwannimit. 

Full story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/British-expat-burglar-arrested-Phuket/66301?desktopversion#ad-image-0

pgazette_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket Gazette 2017-02-24

"his victims were other tourists, and many have already gone home, so they can’t reclaim their items"

So what is the problem? Finder's keepers! Belongs to BIB

I remarked that this jerk looks like he could be from some other country, but because his

passport was a British passport, he gets called a Brit.  I have seen many stories about

a Canadian thief, or rapist, or fraud crook, who turns out to be someone who got a Canadian 

passport, and were arrested as a Canadian, when they had only been in Canada for under

10 years, and were really a person from another country, who dragged Canada into the news,

by managing to get a Canadian passport, then doing their crime, is this clear enough for you

to grasp.

Geezer

This seems a bit odd. Charlie Machin has been wanted in Phuket for at least two years, yet here he is in plain sight.

To stay in a hotel or rent a house you have to provide ID and the rental agreement is posted with immigration. And he lives in a rented house.

Which means they probably had his address in the system for a long time.

Then he gets caught when a phone is GPS'ed to his house. Idiot. Didn't remove ID and turn off data. Som nam na!

Fair play on the latter, but can we address whether there has been a serious lack of communication for two years preceeding.

It appears that none of the law enforcement authorities have each others phone numbers.

Either that or they are utterly, utterly incompetent.

Yeah, Sorry! Forgot where we are for a moment there.

6 hours ago, DaveE13 said:

You probably find he has been doing this for years back in the UK. 

I agree Thailand is full of them 

& I am glad there here & not in the UK ! 

Throw him inside a thai jail please teach him a lesson 

rather than sky tv & 3 course dinners in the uk prisons it's a disgrace & a embarrassment 

7 hours ago, Mickmouse1 said:

There are few Brits doing Drug smuggling and running cosy Ops in different parts of Thailand. When one or 2 get arrested some intelligent Brits will question the looks of the arrested and stupidly say" he doesn't look like a Brit"

Imagine if he was a half cast or British Of West Indian decent ??

I stop ere?

Put all 3 in jail then ?

6 hours ago, darksidedog said:

PM must be on his knees thanking Buddha.

After the disastrous pummelling the tourist industry has taken this past week, finally a rotten to the core farang to divert attention away from it.

I am British and reasonably proud of it, but I hope this scumbag is dealt with harshly.

It is tough enough when you are being blamed for all host of imaginary sins, without people like this dragging our good name down.

At 12 months per item, I doubt he will be doing anything like it again for some time.

In fact, all he will be doing is precisely that, Time!

Fair play to the BIB. They get a lot of stick from us, but this time they have done good.

A Brit too keep him here don't let him home ! Fed up with paying tax to provide 3 course meals with a drink choice for scum bags 

16 hours ago, little mary sunshine said:

Another Quality Brit...at least this one isn't Drunk!

I am awaiting your comments the next time a Yank commits a midemeanor.

In the event of such, I imagine you move away from your priceless keyboard, and back under your shell ?