Thread Killers

F4UCorsair

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is it just that the anonymity of the Internet make its users more inclined to be rude to each other?......

I don't think it affects me that way---but  what do you bunch of – old fat beer guzzling bald headed  farang farts reckon? .......:coffee1:

1 minute ago, oxo1947 said:

Is it just that the anonymity of the Internet make its users more inclined to be rude to each other?......

I don't think it affects me that way---but  what do you bunch of – old fat beer guzzling bald headed  farang farts reckon? .......:coffee1:

Will think about that and let you know.........thumbs up.gif

5 minutes ago, oxo1947 said:

Well I for one object to your statement. It described me fairly enough until you got to the beer bit. I am a Hong Thong soda and ice drinker. You also forgot and I am sure that this applies to you especially the farting and belching that goes on.

I fear that I am a thread killer on the Thai Language forum. I call it "Rolling a boulder over the conversation", not strictly accurate because conversation is what I hope to encourage but it seems that in spite of having some esoteric opinions, they are seldom challenged specifically.
To be successful TV needs as much controversy as possible, it is our duty to be controversial, engrandisement of self, igorance, arrogance, humour, is all grist to the mill.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

1 minute ago, tgeezer said:

I fear that I am a thread killer on the Thai Language forum. I call it "Rolling a boulder over the conversation", not strictly accurate because conversation is what I hope to encourage but it seems that in spite of having some esoteric opinions, they are seldom challenged specifically.
To be successful TV needs as much controversy as possible, it is our duty to be controversial, engrandisement of self, igorance, arrogance, humour, is all grist to the mill.

If you don't wish to "kill threads" on the Thai Language Forum try sticking to the point and keeping it concise.

However if you do wish to "kill threads" keep it up, you are doing a great job.

Op is just wingeing

Why take a forum so seriously,   its only a forum.

A forum is not a personal  space. the tool's  are there if you want that.

If you ask a question for information,  you usually get an ok Answer.

so what's the bid deal .

get over it. :jap:

I'm not bald.

Sent from my iris 755 using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, billd766 said:

It works for me until of course there is a name change, and then I just add another name to the list.

Yeah Bill cool l don't tolerate many on here and if they change name you soon know to put them on ignore again. :laugh: :w00t: 

On 01/03/2017 at 8:48 PM, rijb said:

I received a personal message from a member, who threatened to put me on his ignore list, because I had the audacity to contradict him.  He did.  :cheesy:

People who put other members on there Ignore list

are just childish. shrinking violets.

Bit like the little boy who takes his football home because he can't be team captain.

I's also  a bit like the sketch out of hitch-hikers guide to the galaxy

when the guys are in the pub and the Earth's is about to be destroyed by the vogons,    reality is a hard one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWWiDKKWDQw

If you don't wish to "kill threads" on the Thai Language Forum try sticking to the point and keeping it concise.

However if you do wish to "kill threads" keep it up, you are doing a great job.

I obviously don't understand what it is to kill threads. My replies are an attempt to extend the threads based on or tangential to the original, and there it almost invariably ends, thus have I killed the thread. I would say that the thread is killed by those who don't comment further. Do you think that if I didn't do as I do that the thread would go further?

10) Do not discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy.

4 hours ago, onemorechang said:

Op is just wingeing

Why take a forum so seriously,   its only a forum.

A forum is not a personal  space. the tool's  are there if you want that.

If you ask a question for information,  you usually get an ok Answer.

so what's the bid deal .

get over it. 

On one side it's a forum.  On the other side, there's information here (or not) that can literally save someone's family, if not their life.

Unless, of course, the guys who have that information are afraid to share it (or just don't want the bother) because no good information goes unpunished here on TVF.

2 hours ago, onemorechang said:

People who put other members on there Ignore list

are just childish. shrinking violets.

Bit like the little boy who takes his football home because he can't be team captain.

I's also  a bit like the sketch out of hitch-hikers guide to the galaxy

when the guys are in the pub and the Earth's is about to be destroyed by the vogons,    reality is a hard one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWWiDKKWDQw

Not really. I have one or two people on my ignore list who act so superior and arrogant plus if you don't agree with what they say you are insulted at every post.

I don't HAVE to like people or their posts so if I don't like them or their attitude I simply ignore them.

I could well be heading up a few ignore lists...................heh heh fame at last :smile: or is it notoriety :shock1:

The Forum is a great information source and appreciated, I have gained some useful information to use in real life situations

I have been around a few years now, gone through various stages of posting if I am honest (and much to the annoyance of some I have no reason to fabricate) some comments at times perhaps a bit vicious!! I do retaliate!!

There were days, back when political discussion was truly allowed, where threads were red hot, snide comments, nasty comments, pack savaging, but every poster was a character. I believe many were attracted by the powerful political discussions, and when they wanted to have a break they wandered into other parts of the site providing a smattering of input here and there thus padding out a few other threads and help keep the forum alive.

Yes I will certainly have killed a few threads with my pragmatic and dogged approach, unfortunately my arrogance and know it all persona does not facilitate apology :smile:

Did I miss anything :smile:

And there was me thinking that just because my post tends to be the last one on many, many threads on various subjects, that I must be posting either pragmatic, succinct and complete advice or have completely and utterly validated my opinion beyond any hope of realistic contradiction.

Winning!

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

And there was me thinking that just because my post tends to be the last one on many, many threads on various subjects, that I must be posting either pragmatic, succinct and complete advice or have completely and utterly validated my opinion beyond any hope of realistic contradiction.

Winning!

Your comments are usually well-balanced and knowledgeable.

Obviously you've been here for a while and learned from the experience.

There is no substitute for that.

Am on a 3 day trip to Hua Hin and a couple of nights ago after the compulsory night market visit decided to have a stroll down walking street.

Called in an Irish pub ( Murphy's I think), it was not busy, early evening, few customers.
There was a Thai band murdering some Western rock n roll music and 7 Americans in their late fifties early sixties in front of us.
The band took a break and one of the 7 stated " Rock n roll died when CCR split up " ( not when Buddy Holly or Elvis died as you would expect !!)[emoji23]

Well, all his buddies just nodded in agreement and I thought to myself, " no TV members here, nobody shouted Wrong Wrong or told him to go back home "

Sent from my iPhone with the usual amount of sincerity and sarcasm [emoji4]

1 hour ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Am on a 3 day trip to Hua Hin and a couple of nights ago after the compulsory night market visit decided to have a stroll down walking street.

Called in an Irish pub ( Murphy's I think), it was not busy, early evening, few customers.
There was a Thai band murdering some Western rock n roll music and 7 Americans in their late fifties early sixties in front of us.
The band took a break and one of the 7 stated " Rock n roll died when CCR split up " ( not when Buddy Holly or Elvis died as you would expect !!)emoji23.png

Well, all his buddies just nodded in agreement and I thought to myself, " no TV members here, nobody shouted Wrong Wrong or told him to go back home "

Sent from my iPhone with the usual amount of sincerity and sarcasm emoji4.png

Which, as you know, was unfortunate. I'd think to myself, "no rational, informed TV members here yet to correct the usual peanut gallery groupthink; guess I'd better jump in with something before this nonsense becomes another part of the TV narrative and we'll never get rid of it."

Edited by JSixpack

Here is a classic example thread going ok then the numb nuts turn up - check out the two who cannot read or work out the guy made a typo with staff not stuff....OP will disappear from the thread as insults abound. Fortunately he has passed on useful information and created useful discussion for the first 50 posts or so :smile:

•  

Penefattore

Rejected entry to Thailand because too many tourist visa

I have read lots of threads on here it nearly always comes down to no common ground. It's I'm right your wrong and because your wrong in my eyes you should not post on thread mentality. Then of course there's the two different factions on here again very little common ground. You have the everything Thai haters and the everything Thai lovers.

Then of course you get the let's throw a spanner in the works posters. And let's not forget the multiple account posters who round on a single poster and uses his multiple accounts to back himself. 

It's forum life I'm afraid.

Laziness is also a contributor, as in the example I highlighted, people clearly do not read the full threads, and if they do, apparently on occasion have not the ability to recall the content when they add a post, or, alternatively, start reading the thread, early in the thread come across a post they feel deserves a response and make a comment, before reading the next 4 pages where the subject they just posted on has already been discussed in detail. This is especially common with those that regurgitate generalisations and forum myth. Of course when the post pops up, in the discussion down the line,  often receives short thrift and the poster becomes angry and annoyed with the response! cue personal attack!!