When did you last go on a bender?

4 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Temptation too hard to resist perhaps.

If it was too hard to resist, wouldn't that mean I'd be on a bender every weekend? Anyway, I'm not ashamed to admit I've had a hard time telling who's who when the lights are turned down in a club. I do not want to pile heaps of alcohol on top of that situation.

Edited by eldragon

As a younger man I used to go out drinking starting on Thursday night and ending sometime Sunday morning.  So Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights.  This is what caused me stop the three day benders;  Walking down the street on a Monday afternoon, good looking woman coming the other way.  "Hey Bill!  Boy, you sure were a lot of fun at that party!"  "Umm, what party?  Who are you?"  I became a very moderate drinker right then and there.  One or two drinks enough.  Now, at my advanced age, I may have a beer with a meal but that is about it.

benders are in the past along with wasted yoof...back then ye wanted to keep the party goin' at all cost...pedal to the metal and move on down the road, etc...

I still drink a lot but now it's to ease de pain ob libben...usually in bed by about 10 - 11, fresh from the shower and into my all cotton bed linen, AC on full blast...

whadda sissy...

On Wednesday, March 08, 2017 at 5:56 PM, possum1931 said:

Thank you :smile:.

Pffftt

The only thing ive got put of this thread is there is not one poster under the age of 70!.

And to think they made a "Hangover" movie here.555

• 2 weeks later...

I've never gone on a bender. I don't like the effects of alcohol very much. I did get so drunk that I could not remember what happened once and stopped drinking tequila with beer after that. It never happened again. When I was in my teens, I would take hard drugs for several days at a time, if that counts. :biggrin:

4 hours ago, transam said:

Fink 1967........:stoner:

I've smoked that tied stick...

Tied stick?

You know that stuff that's tied to a stick...

Ahh.. Thai Stick!

Edited by Morakot

• 3 weeks later...
On 22/03/2017 at 10:57 AM, Morakot said:

I've smoked that tied stick...

Tied stick?

You know that stuff that's tied to a stick...

Ahh.. Thai Stick!

Not sure how but in 3 years I have never even smelt someone smoking a joint on the mainland. I lived in 2 cities so far and never came across 1 herbalist.

10 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Not sure how but in 3 years I have never even smelt someone smoking a joint on the mainland. I lived in 2 cities so far and never came across 1 herbalist.

Of course, because they are all on yaba. The 1970s are over...:stoner:

p><p>%0A

When did you last go out on the razzle, be it a party, a lads night out, a wedding, what ever? Tell us all about it. Where did you go? What did you drink? Did anything funny happen? Did you get into trouble with the law? Did you wake up somewhere unexpected, etc. Tell us all about your last bender.

Is that you on your last bender holding the doll in the photo!?!

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 3/8/2017 at 2:16 AM, samsensam said:

haven't been drunk for over 25 years. enjoy a glass of wine with a good meal a couple of times a year.

it's a particularly pathetic sight seeing middle aged, and older, people drunk.

Very ageist and why??

Just because you don't !

On 3/8/2017 at 10:54 AM, possum1931 said:

I think it is pathetic to see anybody drunk, there is no excuse for it.

Shallow minded comment in my opinion.

If drink makes you aggressive and violent then i agree with you, if not, what is the problem ?

i quite like to be with people who have a few drinks because it tends to bring out their true character and you learn about them more quickly.  Particularly important with the opposite sex. Always remaining in complete control is not necessarily a good thing.

2 minutes ago, rogeroc said:

If drink makes you aggressive and violent then i agree with you, if not, what is the problem ?

i quite like to be with people who have a few drinks because it tends to bring out their true character and you learn about them more quickly.  Particularly important with the opposite sex. Always remaining in complete control is not necessarily a good thing.

Cobblers. Requiring a drink to relinquish control? If it's vice versa that's just as bad. True character after drinking? Seriously is this comic book fantasies? Drink serum and be the super you!

I think it's fine to get Merry but getting plastered wasted drunk is not appealing at all. 

Rc2702, i was not talking about wasted plastered drunk and i think you know i wasn't. My observation is that people are often a truer reflection of themselves after the intake of alcohol. In brief if a person is aggressive and violent in drink i would suggest he / she has those tendencies (normally kept under control when sober) at all times.

I don't think the 'cobblers' comment was warranted.

Qatar in the Sheraton in Doha and there was tequila involved.

I basically am a non drunk as in I go out have fun but never indulge. Low tolerance. Anyway I end up either with my head in the loo or dancing on a table, so on this particular night had friends from nearby Bahrain and they ordered tequila, quite a halluciogenic ( sp?) type of stuff if you don't drink. 

Great night though...I'll tell you about my vodka jello experiences in LKF one day lol. Years ago.

...as to friends going on a bender sure great story this one. My best friend and uni mate and we have been friends for countless years calls me in the middle of the night here 'Minnie, I'm in trouble'.' Ok hunny what' .

He was on a trip to BKK from here and apparently lost his passport, cash, mobile, credit, so ok I'm asleep 'What happened hunny?'

'Drugged breasts'. I was what. This is a true story lol, years ago there was some scam of er ladies putting Rohypnol on their er breasts, anyway, my friend took one back to his hotel room and woke up without all. I had to fly to BKK to get him out of trouble as it was the weekend, the embassy could not be contacted, police were yeah, whatever and he had no cash only the hotel threatening to throw him out.

That is one experience he won't live down, going on a bender has consequences folks.

Just a 6 page thread? Lol come on Pattaya guys you could push this thread to 66 pages in record time.. Don't be shy now.

My benders these days involve sipping beer over several days straight but never fall over drunk, actually it's pretty hard to tell the difference.

30 years ago I could do serious benders, hard core for several days and always losing a day or 2 from memory.

To old for that now, just glad I survived those years

6 hours ago, rogeroc said:

If someone is obvious drunk in public and making a nuisance of himself, but is not violent or aggressive, It would still be a problem if he was annoying me.