Thai baht set to weaken

webfact

Thai baht set to weaken 
By The Nation 

BANGKOK: -- Thai baht is set to weaken following foreign capital outflows from the stock and bond markets. 

The Thai baht today is traded at Bt35.13 per US dollar, gaining nearly 2 per cent since the beginning of this year. 

Maybank Kim Eng Securities (Thailand) expects a reversal of the trend this month due to tightening by the US Federal Reserve. 

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30308274

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-03-08

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

“The Thai baht today is traded at Bt35.13 per US dollar, gaining nearly 2 per cent since the beginning of this year. 

Wow!!! Fantastic!!! If this trend continues, I will be able to afford the farang rate at the national parks......Oh Wait...I can just go to any local soi and look at dumped garbage for free.  

Edited by jaltsc

3 hours ago, maewang99 said:

but how could it get any weaker?

10 cents for a haircut......... and a shave???

Taking into account how relatively poorly the economy is doing, the rising unemployment numbers (despite the protestations from official channels), the decline in quality tourism (most zero baht Chinese tourists do not count, as they contribute so little to the local economy), and capital outflows, one would have expected it to fall to 38-40 to the dollar by now. Something is propping it up. 

26 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Taking into account how relatively poorly the economy is doing, the rising unemployment numbers (despite the protestations from official channels), the decline in quality tourism (most zero baht Chinese tourists do not count, as they contribute so little to the local economy), and capital outflows, one would have expected it to fall to 38-40 to the dollar by now. Something is propping it up. 

Those sex tourists...making long queues at the currency exchange counters...

56 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

The even worse state of the European economies.

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Conservative, nationalist governments, or juntas, always like to maintain a strong currency to help maintain their beneficiaries wealth.

If it does, it will weaken by a paltry couple of baht at best, all those stuffed uniforms want it strong. Not dump 20% of it's value like the pound did overnight after the BREXIT disaster, instantly making life rather tough for millions of  UK expat pensioners worldwide. Who's going to atone for that? No one as usual.

6 minutes ago, Jeremy50 said:

If it does, it will weaken by a paltry couple of baht at best, all those stuffed uniforms want it strong. Not dump 20% of it's value like the pound did overnight after the BREXIT disaster, instantly making life rather tough for millions of  UK expat pensioners worldwide. Who's going to atone for that? No one as usual.

Absolutely!  I do hope there's a last minute realization by the twittish Brexiteers what an unmitigated disaster we're heading in to thanks to that idiotic, lie-filled Brexit campaign. We shall see but I'm not holding my breath! 

6 minutes ago, aslimversgwm said:

Absolutely!  I do hope there's a last minute realization by the twittish Brexiteers what an unmitigated disaster we're heading in to thanks to that idiotic, lie-filled Brexit campaign. We shall see but I'm not holding my breath! 

Adding "IMHO" makes your post worth reading.

3 hours ago, overherebc said:

Great news. I just lined to my wife to get one extra Beer with the shopping.

Or am I being a bit rash?

No, absolutely not, If the good thing not happen, at least you had a good time anyway. Just great way of safe betting!

16 minutes ago, aslimversgwm said:

Pipe-down remoaner, it's done and dusted. I would sooner have the baht at 20 than be beholden to the eurocratic shambles that is the EU.

5 minutes ago, daveAustin said:

Pipe-down remoaner, it's done and dusted. I would sooner have the baht at 20 than be beholden to the eurocratic shambles that is the EU.

Obviously you're not living here on a small pension like tens of thousands throughout the world so I won't 'pipe down' And it isn't 'done and dusted' as you seem to imagine. Way to go my ill-informed friend.

Edited by aslimversgwm
Wrong word created by autotexting