Bushfire rages at Ob Luang national park in Chiang Mai

rooster59

Bushfire rages at Ob Luang national park in Chiang Mai

general1.jpg

Bushfire is still raging at Ob Luang national park in Hod district of Chiang Mai, causing smog to blanket the town.

Until today no authorities are out to put out the bushfire which was believed started by poachers.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/bushfire-rages-ob-luang-national-park-chiang-mai/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-03-11

We must be upwind from all the burning fun.  It was a relatively clear, smoke-free day here in Lamphun Province, at least the section I live in.  We have had a few of these really pleasant days recently.  Not like last year.  :smile:

Edited by connda

7 hours ago, clonetom said:

In Mae On, the whole mountainside has been burning the last three days, as well - nobody cares

Rural Thais in Mae On:  "The mushroom picking in Mae On will be good this year!"  <rubs hands together/hides matches>

I drove 100km south today from CM to spend a beautiful bluesky day at the river huts near Ob Luang.

I couldn't believe how clear it was in the entire Hod area today and for the drive to & fro Chiang Mai.

Apparently the wind is blowing in the right direction. Even the full-moon was clear, normally orange color reflecting a smokey atmosphere.