Is MBK a good place to buy IT accessories?

chado

As said Fortune Town is normally considered the best place for computer shopping but there was a serious fire there yesterday in the CD shop area which is very close to the computer floors and suspect there was some smoke damage (although none should have been open so most smoke probably confined to walkways).  But water may also have damaged access escalators.  JIB is a retail store chain with fair pricing located in many malls.

43 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Up until yesterday I would have suggested Fortune Town :(

So would I, so I assume the fire has closed the place down. I bought a small laptop and

smartphone there last week, and it is the first place I would always go to.

MBK is a hit and miss thing. Works out better for those acquainted with prices, hardware and scams. Otherwise, no extra value specifically going there for IT stuff. As others said, better off at Fortune. Other places to consider are Pantip or Rangsit, I find Fortune easier to access and more shopper-friendly. There's also online options, like InvadeIT. Not necessarily cheaper, but better service and communication compared to most places.

If fotune town is out of action I would consider going to Zeer IT Mall Rangsit over MBK or Pantip which are overpriced IMO.

Also worth looking online, try looking on lazada.co.th and invadeit.co.th

Edited by jay1980

3 hours ago, Crossy said:

I have a work colleague who's wife works in one of the Fortune offices, I'm awaiting some feedback on the current status of Fortune (he's in another office today).

Apparently Fortune is, at least partially, open.

If there's anyone in the area who can confirm it would be most appreciated.

On 3/21/2017 at 0:20 PM, Crossy said:

Up until yesterday I would have suggested Fortune Town :(

I was there today and almost every shop seemed to be open, though its a big place and I didn't spend much time there looking around.

I was at Fortune Town today, and from what I could see, all of the stores selling computers and peripherals were open. I didn't go near the area where the fire was, but the fire was toward the Rama IX end of the mall, on the other side of the office tower from where most of the computer shops are located. Where the fire was, is mostly stereo and camera shops. 

To answer the original post, in my opinion, Fortune Town is the best place to buy computer "stuff."

Just now, Andrew Dwyer said:

I was recommended to go to Zeer IT at Rangsit and wasn't disappointed, but I didn't try the others as Rangsit is  " on my patch " !

Mine too, by far the best, but a good way out of town.

I'd echo the sentiment that Zeer Rangsit is one of the best IT malls.  It's just a hike if you're living downtown.  Not too bad if you have a car.  The new Dark Red BTS line is being constructed and should stop in front of it but that won't be finished until 2018 I believe.