Where to live in BKK?

JameszBond

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/5/2017 at 5:22 PM, bkk6060 said:

Lots of suggestions for places in the middle of nowhere.  What is your lifestyle for food, entertainment, shopping, coffee places, etc?

I pay 15,000 a month for a newly renovated studio (35 sq mtr) in Nana.  It is very quiet and I can walk to anything, all malls close, BTS, markets, restaurants, bars if you want, several gyms in a few minutes (Ambassador hotel gym is very reasonable).  If you are familiar with the area just about anything is very close. 

Before I made my choice for Nana, I did Airbnb at several locations.  I hated places like Oh Nut and other outlying places nothing to do so boring.  Also, the cost of transportation to get anywhere adds up.  I guess if one sits on their computer all day and watches TV, those areas can work.

I would not live any place except Nana as it just fits my lifestyle perfectly. 

Nana is what i'm looking for but 15k for studio is kinda expensive. Although all the descent listings (1br 35sqm+) on hipflat in that area start with 18k+

I guess i will need to reconsider my budget or look for condos in Jatujak area. 

18 minutes ago, JameszBond said:

Nana is what i'm looking for but 15k for studio is kinda expensive. Although all the descent listings (1br 35sqm+) on hipflat in that area start with 18k+

I guess i will need to reconsider my budget or look for condos in Jatujak area. 

It is low season some say to negotiate the price.  Maybe offer 2 or 3,000 lower a month on a one year contract.

It is only me and an occasional guest so a studio is fine.

8 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

It is low season some say to negotiate the price.  Maybe offer 2 or 3,000 lower a month on a one year contract.

It is only me and an occasional guest so a studio is fine.

yeah i should definitely try that. ~15k near benjakiti park for 1br would be an ideal option for me. 

Whoa! These prices are crazy!

Here in Isaan I'm renting 2 floor house. With 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, living room, kitchen, working room, balcony and garage.

3500 Baht rent + 100 Baht water + 500 electric.

And you are talking about 30 000 Baht for one bedroom condo in the middle of that noise, chaos, smell and mess.

7 minutes ago, howard ashoul said:

Here in Isaan I'm renting 2 floor house. With 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, living room, kitchen, working room, balcony and garage.

And you are talking about 30 000 Baht for one bedroom condo in the middle of that noise, chaos, smell and mess.

Are there gogo bars in isaan? :D

45 minutes ago, JameszBond said:

Are there gogo bars in isaan? :D

if you're budget is not flexible that you could not afford 18k vs 15k.... I am suspicious that you may not have the money to play around in the gogo bars anyways.... so it would be safer in a place without them.... (and where the girls come from before they raise the prices :shock1: ) :sorry:

1 minute ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

if you're budget is not flexible that you could not afford 18k vs 15k.... I am suspicious that you may not have the money to play around in the gogo bars anyways.... so it would be safer in a place without them.... (and where the girls come from before they raise the prices :shock1: ) :sorry:

Tbh I hardly ever go to gogobars. The point is i would rather choose farang place over isaan province. 

4 minutes ago, JameszBond said:

Tbh I hardly ever go to gogobars. The point is i would rather choose farang place over isaan province. 

Oh, you were trying to be funny, then I was trying to be funny on your funny and it all spun out of control....

I see, you want farangs not locals.... must be one of those that come here because they have to for work or something ... not because they like it here :saai:

On 4/2/2017 at 9:48 PM, Wallet73 said:

You didn't specify the size you want the condo to be.

In prime area 15k will give you a studio of 24 - 28 square meters, 1 year lease but you'll have to go with the cheaper developments like Aspire, life, rhytm, LPN etc. I'd increase your budget if possible to 25k - 30k for a decent 1-bedroom condo.

Look at the cheaper developments in sukhumvit soi 16, 18 and 20 if you like to be close to bejakiti.

Enough gyms around there, one opposite to sukhumvit 22, one at the president park hotel, a new one on sukhumvit 26 opposite to k-village, fitness first at the landmark hotel, etc.

http://www.ddproperty.com/en/property-for-rent?region_code=TH10&market=residential&property_type_code[]=CONDO&property_type=N&maxprice=15000&beds[]=0&with_photos=1&autocomplete={"objectId"%3A"TH10"%2C"objectType"%3A"REGION"%2C"properties"%3Anull}

You might want to learn the difference between Benjakitti and Benjasiri, before you start giving advice on where to live.

15 hours ago, howard ashoul said:

Who wants to die from boredom? Anyway,  noise, smell and mess actually describes several areas of Isaan I have been too. Motorbikes, chickens and dogs aren't exactly quiet.

i've got a place in buriram (in the city) and bkk (sukhumvit soi 22).  i pay 2,500thb for the buriram place (in a mooban) and 12,000thb for a studio in bkk.  i used to pay 35,000thb for a one bedroom many years ago.  but i travel so often that i gave it up and went with a studio.  it is great having both the excitement of bangkok and the boredom of buriram.  flights on air asia are cheap and domestic flights out of DMK are hassle free.  never waited more than 5 minutes in a security line (and obviously no immigration).

2 hours ago, buick said:

i've got a place in buriram (in the city) and bkk (sukhumvit soi 22).  i pay 2,500thb for the buriram place (in a mooban) and 12,000thb for a studio in bkk.  i used to pay 35,000thb for a one bedroom many years ago.  but i travel so often that i gave it up and went with a studio.  it is great having both the excitement of bangkok and the boredom of buriram.  flights on air asia are cheap and domestic flights out of DMK are hassle free.  never waited more than 5 minutes in a security line (and obviously no immigration).

Not a terrible deal sounds like.  I think Khon Kaen is not bad a lot of young cute students walking around there :)  Airport also and not too far out of town very rural and inexpensive. If you need a quick fix they do have a small bar area and Central Mall, so at least a movie and some modern influence.