webfact

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, CharlieH said:

1 million baht. (20yr)

Thx 4 that.

I figure being married to a Thai on an extension of stay based on being married to a Thai or an extension based on retirement (choice), one could live a comfortable existence in rural Thailand for about 3 years with the change after paying the annual fee of 1,900 baht for the extensions for 20 years.

As for the 90 days, well online if you can get through, or the hour drive, 5 minute wait, hour drive back, makes it worth it in my opinion, I could afford the mil, but what would it give me that I haven't already got, except a reduced bank balance, would rather burn it on loose women, NOT.

27 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Thx 4 that.

I figure being married to a Thai on an extension of stay based on being married to a Thai or an extension based on retirement (choice), one could live a comfortable existence in rural Thailand for about 3 years with the change after paying the annual fee of 1,900 baht for the extensions for 20 years.

As for the 90 days, well online if you can get through, or the hour drive, 5 minute wait, hour drive back, makes it worth it in my opinion, I could afford the mil, but what would it give me that I haven't already got, except a reduced bank balance, would rather burn it on loose women, NOT.

You forgot you can mail your 90 report.

Takes 5 minutes to complete and send, arrves back in around 5 days.(offices may vary)

6 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Takes 5 minutes to complete and send, arrves back in around 5 days.(offices may vary)

Yes, old habits die hard, am going to have to try that one, another post sometime back said he uses EMS, so I should talk to the office that does mine and see if they will accept that, might actually miss taking the Mrs for the drive and lunch after the immigration office 555

Edited by 4MyEgo

I have a long-time Thai acquaintance who went to live in my home country to get married there.

She immediately received temporary residence and was entitled to receive all social security benefits, including child benefits for the two brats she brought into the marriage. Her cost? ZERO.

Two years later she received her permanent residency, which also automatically entitled her to work in any profession she liked and was qualified for. Her cost? ZERO.

Another two years later she received citizenship, which was basically pushed on her without having to kowtow to the authorities and submitting god knows what documents and financial statements. Her cost? ZERO.

Now if we're talking about true VIP treatment, this is it!

On the other hand, the Thai scheme from the OP once again has only one single objective at its core: to make money. And remember: Even if you receive those 20 years, you're still not allowed to work in the country and would've to to apply for a work permit and annual extension just like every other Johnnie. The only vaguely VIP benefit I can see at this point is that someone else is going to handle on your behalf the hassle-some appointment with your parole officer every 90 days.

4 hours ago, CharlieH said:

No it proves that all thats important is "money" . Money talks and they could be opening the doors for any and all "crooks" and ill gotten gains to enter and set-up shop.

'Good guys in, bad guys out' is actually 'Rich guys in, poor guys out'.

From the Hubbis URL:  The Thailand residence programme provides a multiple entry visa and allows holders to stay in the country for up to 20 years as the one-year stay extension can be made every year without the usual need to cross the border.

Nothing VIP ....other countries are handling foreigners living in their country much more easy and they can feel like welcome in the country!!!!!!!!!!!!

But that's not Thailand for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 minutes ago, manhood said:

Nothing VIP ....other countries are handling foreigners living in their country much more easy and they can feel like welcome in the country!!!!!!!!!!!!

But that's not Thailand for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My friend, which has a Thailand Elite Visa already, is very happy. VIP treatment all the way. Never needs to go to immigration, no queues, no carrying, transport from / to his house.. 

4 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

This may not be of interest to western pensioners, but is of interest to those people with excess money and a need to use it. In particular, Asians (Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong & China) and  Russia.

1 million baht is nothing to some of these people, particularly some of the Russians engaged in certain businesses.  As the  forum is skewed to older  caucasian males, opinions stated reflect that demographic.

The Chinese and Russians are still buying up new developments in London. 

2 hours ago, CharlieH said:

The scene is quickly changing.  My province and those around me have recently reeled-in this previously convenient practice.  90-days accepted in person only.   Check with your nearest office first!  

5 hours ago, CharlieH said:

No it proves that all thats important is "money" . Money talks and they could be opening the doors for any and all "crooks" and ill gotten gains to enter and set-up shop.

True.

Oh how true.

And how very sad.

1 hour ago, dorayme said:

From the Hubbis URL:  The Thailand residence programme provides a multiple entry visa and allows holders to stay in the country for up to 20 years as the one-year stay extension can be made every year without the usual need to cross the border.

Same as a retirement extension of stay then?

The Elite package:-

Super Rich — 20-year residence visa with complimentary VIP services for applicants over the age of 20 years, who pay a one-off fee of approximately $60,000, plus an annual fee of approximately $600

Middle Hiso— designed for family applications and provides a 10-year residence visa, with complimentary VIP services. The one-off fee is approximately $30,000 for the main applicant and approximately $22,500 for each dependent with no annual fee or age restriction

Big businessman— a popular option with a five-year residence visa for expats or business people wishing to enter and exit Thailand regularly and easily. The one-off fee for this package is approximately $15,000 with no annual fee or age restriction.

4 hours ago, whatawonderfulday said:

There appears to be absolutely no detailed information available as to this promotion.

You aren't looking very hard. Try the Thai Elite Visa website. There's plenty of detail there.

5 hours ago, steven100 said:

someone may correct me if i'm wrong but I believe they come and collect your passport and doc and do the report for you and return it back, you don't leave home.

Also, 1,000,000 / 20 yrs =   50,000 per yr  ....   

Then they lose your passport, you complain, they say,  'never mind you can buy a new one off the shelf at 7?

Not joking - some years back farang friend mentioned at an extended family gathering that his passport was nearly full.

Know it all loud Thai lady from family says 'you can buy farang passports at Emporium'.

Edited by scorecard

13 minutes ago, HerbalEd said:

You aren't looking very hard. Try the Thai Elite Visa website. There's plenty of detail there.

Except that the press release today made no mention that it is the Thai elite program, which we all know has been around for years, so hence my comment that there is no detail of this new program.  The press release today states that it is launching so hence it seems by association a new program so hence my initial comment as there are no details about.  The Elite program has been around years and the press release make no association to this existing program by title.

8 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Then they lose your passport, you complain, they say,  'never mind you can buy a new one off the shelf at 7?

Not joking - some years back farang friend mentioned at an extended family gathering that his passport was nearly full.

Know it all loud Thai lady from family says 'you can buy farang passports at Emporium'.

rubbish ...   one would trust they ensure your passport is safe ...  especially with an elite privilege member 

18 minutes ago, oldlakey said:

The big clues are the word Future, and the words stable and non corrupt

50,000 Baht per year attracts him, but not 1,000,000 up front

It's still 1,000,000 no matter how you spread it out.

The big clue is mathematics. 

Edited by Bluespunk

Used to have a Thai Elite Card....Bought one of the first ones in 2003.....where you according to the first prospects where allowed to own land in your name....3 months after paying 1M, I was informed that foreign landownership was not in accordance with Thai law....surprise, surprise.....The first cards were for life and transferable, and luckily I managed to find another sucker, who bought it from me (almost full pay)...

During the time with an Elite Card visa sticker in my passport, I still had to report to immigration every 90 days....not for the usual 90-days report....BUT had to apply for another extension of stay....with all the paperwork included in that procedure, plus I had to pay 1900 every time.

So while all the "not so elite" expats doing their 90 days report were in and out of Hua Hin immigration in less than 5 minutes, my extension of stay often took more than an hour.....Did I feel stupid...?   You bet...!!