Granddaughter says sorry to gran,105, for chamber pot assault

webfact

Granddaughter says sorry to gran,105, for chamber pot assault

4pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

PRACHUAP KHIRI KHAN: -- It was all smiles yesterday when a granddaughter returned home to apologize to her centenarian grandmother for hitting her over the head with a chamber pot.

Thawin, 105, had raised "Loy", an orphan, from childhood. Loy had then taken care of her adoptive grandmother but in February an argument broke out, reported Daily News.

Loy, now 60 herself, claimed that Thawin was messing up the house and had grabbed a pot and hit her over the head. She then fled the house in Ao Noi district of Prajuab Khiri Khan and went to stay with relatives in Bangkok.

But the centenarian wanted to forgive her and yesterday after officials went in search of Loy the two were reunited.

Loy begged forgiveness by doing a respectful "graap".

Thawin told police that she did not want to press charges and police dropped the matter though they gave Loy a warning that any further trouble and she would be arrested.

Lanthom Nguikai, the Phoo Yai Ban (village headman) said that Thawin was a well respected woman who still had most of her faculties.

She had donated money more than 70 years ago for the setting up of a health facility and villagers had responded later by clubbing together to raise money to look after her by building a small house for her.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-04-04

2 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

This whole culture of just saying " sorry " after any misdemeanour is very difficult for me to adapt to.

Should have given the " granddaughter " a good old thwack round the back of the head with the chamber pot !!

A 4 foot piece of 4 x 2 would have been more appropriate.

8 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

This whole culture of just saying " sorry " after any misdemeanour is very difficult for me to adapt to.

Should have given the " granddaughter " a good old thwack round the back of the head with the chamber pot !!

But if the pot broke the house would have no pot to p..........

Iv never seen a Guzunda here in LOS, was always a nice china, mellow yellow half filled one at me Grannies under the double mattress bed (Circa 1970s) Clayton Manchester, all 2 up 2 downs with outside lavs. Now if this was anything like me grannies you would defo not want that wrapped around th' head!

At 105  I think this grandma has seen and heard many worse things in life, I am just glad that she was not

too injured by getting hit by her grand daughter.  Forgiveness is good,  if  the  grande daughter  did  indeed

apologize to Grandma.  I see examples, where Thais do not apologize.  Big example, is that many Thais will

not apologize to their Farange relatives.

Geezer

why forgiveness is different from a western view? 

I like thinking about the Thainess thing.

when you forgive you lose/give 'face' in a culture where WHO you know and WHO you are is very important, and appearance and ceremony are big as well.... which is 'concrete' [things you see, do, hear, perform..... right now].

Buddhism centers on the 'concrete' [chants, breathing] with the exception of our own individual future deaths [the future is very abstract]...

but we place high value on the opposite, on the 'abstract'.... WHAT we know, WHAT we do, WHY we do it.... on 'Theory of Mind' stuff... we don't hardly ever skirt the WHY of things.... we dive into it and discuss it endlessly.. and it needs to make sense to us as well....

is it somewhere in there? an answer?

9 hours ago, wakeupplease said:

Seems to be getting more violent here by the day. i wonder Why?

Perhaps it isn't getting more violent, but there seem to be far more reports on the social media that there were a few years ago. Maybe nothing much has changed over the years but hopefully with more exposure it will gradually abate.

8 hours ago, billd766 said:

Perhaps it isn't getting more violent, but there seem to be far more reports on the social media that there were a few years ago. Maybe nothing much has changed over the years but hopefully with more exposure it will gradually abate.

Thanks for that

I tried to think like you, but for some reason it is not working right now as never like this 10 years ago when a smile was a welcome

14 hours ago, wakeupplease said:

Thanks for that

I tried to think like you, but for some reason it is not working right now as never like this 10 years ago when a smile was a welcome

I also think a lot of the problem depends on where you live. Out here in rural Thailand I live in a Thai moo ban where I am the only permanent farang. There are several more farangs around but the are scattered around like me and while the Mae Wong national park is a tourist attraction, most of the tourists are Thai.

Archived