A million baht dowry and a hundred foreign guests as gay British tour boss ties the knot with Thai man

webfact

17 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

If those are the parents on the outside, they could at least generate a smile!

Maybe they secretly wanted grand children.

and this was the final no way statement, from there children. :ohmy:

Hence the no smile.

Just a thought :jap:

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Not about a Ladyboy my dude. It's about the loving coupling of two gay cisgender men.

No, it is about two homosexuals trying to be normal by being "married" and what is a lady boy? is it a man selling himself? and what is "coupling"? do you know what the word means? 

The amusing thing in all this 'discussion' is that (1) it is conducted in a history-free bubble, as though such 'dowry' practices & variations were not present in all human societies including our own 'Western' societies not too many years ago, and (2) the use of the term 'dowry' is mostly inaccurate - we're actually talking about 'bride price' in this case. 'Dowry' is what the bride brings to the marriage - the physical assets & property donated by her family and negotiated with the husband's family as part of the marriage contract.

43 minutes ago, mfd101 said:

The amusing thing in all this 'discussion' is that (1) it is conducted in a history-free bubble, as though such 'dowry' practices & variations were not present in all human societies including our own 'Western' societies not too many years ago, and (2) the use of the term 'dowry' is mostly inaccurate - we're actually talking about 'bride price' in this case. 'Dowry' is what the bride brings to the marriage - the physical assets & property donated by her family and negotiated with the husband's family as part of the marriage contract.

If you want to get into that

I thought you would be buying an intact Hymen for a  cash payment to the parents. ( call it what you want )

It kind of don't work here does it. :giggle:

Edited by onemorechang

1 hour ago, mfd101 said:

In this circumstance, why is the dowry (sinsot) being paid by the farang?

17 hours ago, kingkenny said:

I hope your husband know you are living with your Thai boyfriend in CM, as per your signature. 

I have no idea what you are alluding too, but yes, I do live with my Thai husband in CM thank you very much. Get over it' as they say!

15 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

5/6 pages in and you ask such a silly question? 

This thread is a breath of fresh air to some of the crap I been reading on TV. Painful loss of sunglasses, best fan at tesco! Some real quagmire posts so to see this bit of happiness and the photos is good to see. People are happy posters are posting so What Problem ..

I asked Who cares.You must be the only one ,you're the only silly one who did reply  5555 .

One of the Most humane aspects of life in Thailand is the reticence of Thai governments to involve themselves in the personal sexual lives of consenting adults or transgender people.  I am always amused at the condemnatory attitude that many farang bring with them from their homelands, attitudes that are the residue of centuries of barbaric and ignorant teachings of the churches who's ultimate authority rested on the power of coercive autocratic States. It took European subjects a thousand years to undo the death grip of the Church & State  and toss it onto the rubbish heap of history. 

Should you be overcome by a compulsion to condemn the happiness of others, just compose yourself and meditate. Your job in this life is to find YOUR own bliss.

The whole concept of sin sod has become corrupted and is a nonsense. It is not a hugely popular nor a wide practice between Thais, unless for those wanting ' in your face ' and ' bling ' weddings. It really has no place in a marriage ceremony apart from as I have said previously ' showing off ' 

This gay wedding has been set up from the start to attract as much publicity as possible so it falls into the ' bling ' category.

The guy might be clever and place all these ' wedding photos ' around his travel shop to attract the " pink pound " customers and those who think it is trendy and fashionable and ' Oh, so 2017 ' to have gay friends. It most certainly will be used as a marketing tool in his business for gay and straight customers alike.

When my partner of now 22 years, (we never married), mother got hooked  to the father, I found out in a fun conversation that he paid ' 200 baht ' as his bride price because he was basically skint. Now , that would have been in excess of 60 years ago, so you must allow for inflation!v However, I am confident it is nowhere near the 1 million baht and 400,000 baht in Gold.

If those monies are retained by the family and not returned, one thing is for sure, the money will be gone in no time with nothing to show for it.

If it makes the giver happy, then so be it.If he thinks it will be put away for a rainy day, guess what?? It's cloudy outside and has all the signs of rain by this evening!

2 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

The whole concept of sin sod has become corrupted and is a nonsense. It is not a hugely popular nor a wide practice between Thais, unless for those wanting ' in your face ' and ' bling ' weddings. It really has no place in a marriage ceremony apart from as I have said previously ' showing off ' 

This gay wedding has been set up from the start to attract as much publicity as possible so it falls into the ' bling ' category.

The guy might be clever and place all these ' wedding photos ' around his travel shop to attract the " pink pound " customers and those who think it is trendy and fashionable and ' Oh, so 2017 ' to have gay friends. It most certainly will be used as a marketing tool in his business for gay and straight customers alike.

When my partner of now 22 years, (we never married), mother got hooked  to the father, I found out in a fun conversation that he paid ' 200 baht ' as his bride price because he was basically skint. Now , that would have been in excess of 60 years ago, so you must allow for inflation!v However, I am confident it is nowhere near the 1 million baht and 400,000 baht in Gold.

If those monies are retained by the family and not returned, one thing is for sure, the money will be gone in no time with nothing to show for it.

If it makes the giver happy, then so be it.If he thinks it will be put away for a rainy day, guess what?? It's cloudy outside and has all the signs of rain by this evening!

The money would be gone in no time. Where as if that sort of scratch ended up in the pockets of one of the savvy investors here on TV they would turn it into a billion dollars... oh wait.

Edited by anotheruser

1 minute ago, Scouse123 said:

Yeah, see what you mean!......................:drunk:.......:drunk::burp::cheesy:

It would take me around maybe 3 months to spend the money in Pattaya or Bangkok before I had to cash in the gold and the ring for another month or two of wise investments.

Now give that amount to somebody in America and they would put a down payment on an expensive car and probably go rent to own some large TV and entertainment center and end up $50,000 in debt because of the credit available to them.

2 minutes ago, atyclb said:

and still seems none of tv intellects have figured out what a "pun" is

Wow thank you for quoting your overly witty pun to point out to us how dumb we are. That is just what the thread needed now we can probably close it and all sleep easy.

Edited by anotheruser

Just now, anotheruser said:

Wow thank you for quoting your overly witty pun to point out to is how dumb we are. That is just what the thread needed now we can probably close it and all sleep easy.

don't take it to heart

even if you believe in the thai dowry system the amount is related to the upbringing, education, status of the bride and/or groom in this case. strange how the story does not mention the background-education-status of the bride/groom.

a woman with a law or medical degree and a n upscale famly could certainly warrant a big dowry in the thai system.

Edited by atyclb

14 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Well he brags online about it here but as always there is no actual prove that he has really spend 1,600,000 bht for his mil sin sod.I hope that his marriage stays good??

What is your problem and obsession all about with this guy? Jealousy perhaps because he spent HIS money, not yours or anybody elses, on doing something that HE wanted to do?

Who cares about it?

Only you it seems, and it is nothing to do with you how anybody wishes to spend their OWN money.

7 minutes ago, billd766 said:

What is your problem and obsession all about with this guy? Jealousy perhaps because he spent HIS money, not yours or anybody elses, on doing something that HE wanted to do?

Who cares about it?

Only you it seems, and it is nothing to do with you how anybody wishes to spend their OWN money.

The big deal is this is a huge amount of money.... if you live in a 5,000 Baht a month studio in Pattaya. You would think it was a million dollars by the reactions. The reality is it is enough to barely buy a nice car if you look second hand.