Measures taken to reduce haze

webfact

Measures taken to reduce haze
By The Nation

CHIANG MAI: -- Water trucks sprayed water on roadside trees and plants and cleaned road surfaces in Chiang Mai's Muang district on Wednesday to improve humidity and reduce small particulate dust as temperatures rise.

The move is part of the province's measures to reduce haze and boost public awareness of the issue. Authorities are monitoring hotspots in the region and several provinces including Chiang Mai have imposed a ban on outdoor burning until this weekend.

According to the Pollution Control Department, Lampang's Mae Mo district (Tambon Ban Dong) reported a PM10 level at 131 micrograms per cubic metre at 9am on Wednesday. 

A PM10 level exceeding 120mcg can affect people’s health.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30312132

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-04-12

As usual, no report of PM2.5  particulate levels which are far more dangerous to health, and these smaller particles travel much further afield from their sources. The failure to report these levels and their more serious consequences is beginning to look more like deliberate childish obstinacy rather than just ignorance. Despair!

On 12/04/2017 at 6:04 PM, rebo said:

Here http://aqicn.org/city/thailand/chiangmai/yupparaj-wittayalai-school/ everybody can see the outcome of this monkey action.
As DNPBC0 wrote: "PM2.5  particulate levels are far more dangerous to health".

Your link shows PM <2.5 being higher than PM <10 and I wonder how that can be possible since PM <2.5 is a component of PM <10?

I agree the air seems slightly better but oh man clear skies today

but that humidity is kicking...a double songkran water whammy

grateful i have AC this time around--i suffered last time with only a fan...:post-4641-1156694083:

*soccerball being the AC*