American found dead in Nong Khai rented house

snoop1130

American found dead in Nong Khai rented house

By The Nation

A 63-year-old US national was found dead Monday afternoon in a rented house in Nong Khai’s Mueang district, police said.

The owner of the house, Panja Fries, 47, alerted police to the body at 1pm.

Daniel Barcelona, who had suffered head injuries, was found naked inside a bathroom. His trousers had been left in front of the bathroom.

An on-duty doctor from Nong Khai Hospital who inspected the scene with police said he believed the American had been dead for about a day before his body was found.

Panja told police that she had last seen the man on Saturday. She then came to check the house on Monday and saw that door had been left open and the TV and fan were both on. She therefore entered the house, where she found the body.

Police suspect that the American might have fallen and hit his head on a concrete edge inside the bathroom when he rushed inside to answer a call of nature.

They said they would alert the US Embassy so that the deceased’s relatives could be contacted about reclaiming the body.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30312494

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-4-17

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

26 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

Police suspect that the American might have fallen and hit his head on a concrete edge inside the bathroom when he rushed inside to answer a call of nature.

Because that happens all the time. 

Edited by Bluespunk

A or one head injury, OK, maybe a drunk slip and fall or even a moment of dizziness slip and fall, or even a kidney stone sudden stab of pain have and a slip and fall.  But when the article says head injuries, I have to raise an eyebrow.  What type and how many head injuries?  Does the man have any history of illnesses?  A known druggie? A known drunk?  Any money or debit or credit cards missing?  Too bad we will never know any details of the investigation, if there even is much of one done. 

I will be most interested to hear a statement regarding whether his valuables were still present. If they are, then I can run with an accident. If they are not, one has to question how they managed to walk away on their own.

1 hour ago, Jeremy50 said:

Those tiled bathroom floors can be treacherous when wet, however, one gets used to them very quickly. Just falling onto the floor seems very unlikely to result in death.

Is def possible---even to this day ive had a few close calls and i imagine this

could be happening to one without such quick response time---wet tiles=ice skating! :saai:

He slipped and fell on the bathroom. All his possessions are in the house. The police have sealed his house until his family arrives. I know the landlady and she is a super lady. 

Put all this conjecture to bed. True accidents happen even in Thailand 

12 hours ago, saakura said:

Fine. Suicide, accident, murder .... but the dead farangs are mostly found naked. Why?

I sleep naked (always have) and when I get up I stay naked.

The only time I put clothes on is when I go out.

So when I die in 40 years or so I expect they'll find me naked too.

Incidents involving deaths within bathrooms/toilets occur all over the world. However, it does seem strange that many are reported within Thailand, and seemingly very similar, as to the cause of death.

Could it have simply be an innocent accident ? Or was it a premeditated act, conducted by another?

R.I.P

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

...saw him daily....

...yet.....

...with the door gaping open...and the TV on.........

...waited a full 24 hours.....

...to 'see if anything was wrong'.......???

...does that make sense to you.....???

I wonder if the gentleman were one of your relatives, how many of you would be making baseless and heartless comments...I bet most of you would shut your pie holes... It seems most of you here live your entire lives in a cloud of conjecture... Pathetic. Rest in Peace Mr. Barcelona....

another farang naked and killed.  where was his credit cards ?   and did he have a mobile ?

there must have been a thai gf somewhere  .... where was she ..

this is another mystery  .....   so many farangs being finished naked  ???

13 hours ago, saakura said:

OMG, not again. Why are they always found naked when murdered?

waiting  for people to drop their pants makes all things more easy i guess,  ever tryed running or defending yourself with your pants on your ankles ?

1 hour ago, seancbk said:

Well thanks for enlightening us. Btw if you have friends around is it a prerequisite they strip naked to enter your nudist colony?

9 minutes ago, SpeakeasyThai said:
1 hour ago, seancbk said:

Well thanks for enlightening us. Btw if you have friends around is it a prerequisite they strip naked to enter your nudist colony?

Seeing as a few people expressed surprise that the guy was found naked and that it is common for dead guys to be found naked in their condos, I figured I'd answer why that might be.

As for when friends come round, then of course I put clothes on, same as when the AC service guys come.

The point is why bother getting dressed when I'm just sitting around my condo watching TV or surfing the net?   

People suggesting murder should shut up. Bath room accidents like this happens all over the world. When you hit your head hard on the floor it is often fatal. R.I.P