Bangkok authorities to press on with street food ban despite foreign media shock

webfact

7 hours ago, stephen tracy said:

If you like S'pore for more than 3 days, it says something unflattering about your character.  It's a total bore of a place

Lived there for years and absolutely loved the place. Must admit that  am a family man with a couple of kids and not a bar stool.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We recently returned from a 2 week break in Thailand. Apart from a couple of breakfasts every meal we ate was from street vendors. We ate our way around the country and the food was amazing. 

On the last night we decided to spend up big and eat at the restaurant of a five star hotel overlooking the beach and ended up with a horrendous bout of food poisoning. A nine hour flight with food poisoning is no fun. 

Best rule seems to be only eat food you can see being cooked. That's street food. 

Thailand has bigger problems than this that need addressing. 

On 4/20/2017 at 7:10 AM, SoilSpoil said:

No it isnt, its a wonderful city with beautiful parks, recreation areas, sublime sport facilities, great schools and lots of space for children to play.  I fail to see how Singapore is boring. Bangkok is dirty, jammed and there is no space to do any outdoor activities. 

This is untrue. Bangkok has several parks. Two of them are quite large - Lumphini, Queen Sirikit,  accessible by MRT/BTS or one could easily walk to them from central Bangkok. Of course, one has to leave one's abode to do so. And actually live in Bangkok.

Edited by MaxYakov

19 hours ago, stephen tracy said:

If you like S'pore for more than 3 days, it says something unflattering about your character.  It's a total bore of a place

Nah. You just need enough $$$ to enjoy SG. BKK's draw is (was) low cost of living.

On 4/20/2017 at 7:11 PM, leeneeds said:

Sad to say you have no idea about using your common sense when appraoching a food cart, 

I am not here to give you the lesson you so desperately need,

continue to miss out, and your loss,  such a worldly traveller you must be, your pallet must be outstanding.

Sorry I didn't know you are blind folded......

Jai YEN YEN

I think some are missing the point--no one is getting RID of them--u think thais

would listen anyway?...have they stopped speeding--all wearing helmets now?

They do what they want--is why they will never move forward..anyhoo

I think what is trying to be done is to keep some ORDER and not have to walk

in the damn street cos somchai decided to sell noodles right in the middle of the

footpath....i think it is structure and some sort of ordered grouping as opposed

to random thais setting up shop as they please with no regard for others....

Thainess....:wai: