Pink ID Card for Foreigners

@Tarteso,

Also from the same Act:

Section 8. The following shall be added as paragraph four of Section 10 of the Civil Registration Act B.E. 2534:
 “Procedures under paragraph three, opposition or explanation and appeal of a person affected by acts of the registrar, including consideration of appeal shall be in the manner prescribed in the Ministerial Regulations. Any registration acts may be refrained before the registrar accepts such explanation or opposition.”

Section 9. The following shall be added as paragraph two of Section 12 of the Civil Registration Act B.E. 2534:
 “To be useful for civil regsitration data storing and using, governmental organizations whose work relates to personal data of people without Thai nationality within the Thai Kingdom shall refer such data to the Director of Central Registration as requested.”

Section 10. Paragraph two of Section 14 of the Civil Registration Act B.E. 2534 shall be repealed and replaced by the following:
 “The registrar shall preceed immediately when accepting such applications under (2). If the application is denied or partly preceded, the applicant shall appeal to the provincial registrar, the Bangkok registrar or the Director of Central Registration within 15 days from the day of acknowledgment from the registrar.”

You have the right to ask for the grounds of refusal in writing, then appeal to the Provincial office.

If he is obstinate, tell him that is your intention.

He may think twice, before being proved wrong.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Resident certificates are issued by immigration, not amphers. In fact it's often a requirement, the ampher want's a resident certificate from immigration to issue a yellow book.

Some Amphurs will issue them.

Some Police Stations will issue them.

Some Immigration offices will not issue them.

Your Embassy, as a last resort will issue them.

• Like 2

The official is probably not so well informed.
Amphurs have been required to issue Tabien Baans to foreigner who apply and supply the required documents, which may vary from Amphur to Amphur.

Sometimes you need to take a stance and stand your ground or ask to speak to someone of a higher authority.
Of course it helps if you have something to back your position up.

Section 21. Section 38 of the Civil Registration Act B.E. 2534 shall be repealed and replaced by the following:

“Section 38. The district or local registrar shall issue a household registration for persons without Thai nationality having been permitted to stay temporarily and those having been giving leniency for temporary residence in the Thai Kingdom as a special case in accordance with law on immigration and the declaration of the Cabinet and their children born within the Thai Kingdom. In a case of permission of temporary residence overdue, the registrar shall immediately dispose of such persons. The Director of Central Registration shall make profile registration for persons without Thai nationality besides those under paragraph one in accordance with the declaration of the Cabinet. Registrations under paragraph one and two shall lie in the manner prescribed in the regulations under the discretion of the Director of Central Registration.”
Thai Civil Registration Act (2551) 2008..pdf

Note their is no mention of marital status attached to the conditions.

Where you applying at the main Provincial office or a smaller Amphur office?

Very complete Information. Tomorrow I will try to resolve this problem with the law under my arm. This is Tha Mai su district of Chanthaburi. Thanks so much. I will PM if any incidence.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, Tarteso said:

Very complete Information. Tomorrow I will try to resolve this problem with the law under my arm. This is Tha Mai su district of Chanthaburi. Thanks so much. I will PM if any incidence.

You may have much better luck at the Provincial Amphur office, Mueang, Chanthaburi.

Some of the smaller outlying Amphur offices don't have the fingerprint and camera equipment to produce the ID cards after issuing a Tabien Baan. They don't even stock the Yellow TB's.

• Like 1

You may have much better luck at the Provincial Amphur office, Mueang, Chanthaburi.

Some of the smaller outlying Amphur offices don't have the fingerprint and camera equipment to produce the ID cards after issuing a Tabien Baan. They don't even stock the Yellow TB's.

Good Idea, I will do so, perhaps get a best communication and result because this one official was rude and arrogant. Thanks again. Dentonian.

6 hours ago, Tarteso said:

The official of Amphoe refused give me the yellow book, because he said I am not married. In a second visit to amphoe, with the owner of my rented house...all documents, blue book, my passport... He refused again.

Then I ask for a simple certificate of resident, and also refused.
I am in a serious trouble, because waiting for buy a car and new motorbike.

Now I feel pretty angry. Don't know the next step. Because I know I am in the right way.

Thanks detonian

I am in the same boat,local amphur making up there own rules.Residency certs can usually be had at your local immi,at a cost.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, louse1953 said:

I am in the same boat,local amphur making up there own rules.Residency certs can usually be had at your local immi,at a cost.

In other threads like this, where an Amphur refuses to issue a Yellow Book & card, people have said they contacted the Ombudsman's Office who then clarified the law with the Amphur concerned, resulting in the issue of the relevant docs. 

Might be worth a try.

http://www.ombudsman.go.th/10/eng/index1.asp

Look at the 'Complaints' tab at the top of the page.

I should say that I didn't need their services myself.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, anfh said:

I have one, and , yes it is useful. Don't need Certificate of residence any more etc. Get Thai price access to tourist sites, 

Can use it when booking into hotels etc etc .

as for travel, I don't think it can be used in place of a passport for travel etc. And I doubt you'll get free travel pass to Laos with it. 

Do tourist sites include national parks?

On 4/24/2017 at 9:45 PM, NanLaew said:

I meant it is not recognized as a travel document by any immigration. A Thai ID card only enables Thai immigration to issue a separate, short-term temporary travel document that is accepted by Lao immigration. The pink ID card for foreigners does not afford this privilege.

I have used mine all over Thailand as well as a basic photo ID and it works well enough but it does have restrictions on other usage outside the province of issue such as applying for certain government services. I think it's also mentioned in the (Thai) small print on the back.

Quite. When I got mine the lady in charge went to great lengths to say it could not be used to leave the country. Apparently someone that had been issued with a card at that office had tried to cross the border and was refused. he then came back to the office and lodged a complaint.

As you say, I have also found it very useful, very convenient to carry as ID and particularly for anyone without a driving licence. I used mine at the mobile health checkup, just like everyone else in the queue for registration, staff never batted an eyelid. It also got me into Muang Boran at the Thai price which is a saving of 350 Baht, not bad for a card that I got free.