Items you think should be available here, but aren't.

Trujillo

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A decent pretzel selection- I've seen Rold Gold pretzels at Villa in BKK, but never in CM- the Salters (or whatever they're called) and the flavored ones at Rimping don't cut it.

I miss Utz pretzels.

image.jpeg.55c367524d512626e60bf8495c817682.jpeg

Edited by flare

2 hours ago, earlinclaifornia said:

I take one a day capsule for keeping my heart healthy.

thumbnail.jpg

You can get Mucilin fiber here.  Same stuff.  I looked at the Metamucil website and just love the way they've come up with different packaging and labeling to sell the same capsules for "Heart Health", "Immune Support", "Appetite Control"  etc.  I did learn something important, however, from the website.  It said don't take the product within two hours before or after taking medicines because it can slow down the action of medications.  Makes sense, but I've been taking Mucilin right after I take my morning medications.  Got to stop that!

33 minutes ago, flare said:

A decent pretzel selection- I've seen Rold Gold pretzels at Villa in BKK, but never in CM- the Salters (or whatever they're called) and the flavored ones at Rimping don't cut it.

I miss Utz pretzels.

image.jpeg.55c367524d512626e60bf8495c817682.jpeg

Me, too.

9 hours ago, newnative said:

What I find frustrating is I will find a product I like and then when I go back to buy it again it's all sold out and stores never seem to re-order anything.  A few years ago I found a 2 seat dining set that was perfect for small condos--good quality table, very comfortable chairs that swiveled, good price.  Bought 2 sets but when I went back to buy again the store owner told they were very popular and all sold.  Well, hmm, if they are very popular and selling like hotcakes why not order some more? 

Makes perfect sense to us,...but Thai logic is just not the same as western thinking!

On 4/28/2017 at 8:25 PM, Rc2702 said:

My concern is the price per tin in big c at 39 baht a tin. At least you know the brand in question. Made in Thailand but sold like an import in big c. 

Actually made in Malaysia, so an import.

regards worgeordie

23 hours ago, Surasak said:

Branston Pickle would be nice, if I could find a nice pork pie to go with it.

Both available in Rimping, the Yorkies pork pie,are not too bad,

or Central food hall has Melton Mowbray pork pies at a price.

regards worgeordie

Well, one good thing about this thread is that local sources/substitutes for some of the desired products are being identified.  Guess no one's investigated where to find shampoo for grey/white hair, huh?  Whenever I've asked in stores, I'm either met with a blank look or taken to the aisle with hair coloring products to color grey hair.  It's surprising because even for young Asians the fashion trend of bleaching dark hair and then coloring it grey (a horrendously lengthy and hair-damaging process) caught on somewhat in Thailand.  People with artificially obtained grey hair should use the voilet/blue shampoos and conditioners, too, to keep their hair from looking yellowed and dull.

19 hours ago, markcm19 said:

Cast iron pans. I'd rather not slowly eat the anti stick surface over time.

www.raro.asia      he sells cast iron pans,delivered to your door 

from Pattaya,

regards Worgeordie

For myself, I would like to see locally grown Swedes and Parsnips,

supplied at a reasonable price, they  can grow stuff like Celery,

Kohlrabi, so the 2 veg I would like to see should be easy.

regards Worgeordie

Second floor Win Cosmetic (Worroroot Market area..).  As you go up the narrow stairs - almost right in front of you.

9 hours ago, NancyL said:

..............Guess no one's investigated where to find shampoo for grey/white hair, huh?  .............

18 hours ago, worgeordie said:

regards worgeordie

And Rimping at the river seem to always have a larger variety of pies and also pasties, and from my observation cheaper to much cheaper than other shops, I clear out their pastie stock (65 to 75 Baht a piece) every time I visit, they last just a couple of days because I love cornish pasties, also my Thai son and my 13 year old Thai granddaughter, and she's made them at home several times, and not too bad.

Same Rimping, in same freezer cabinet, also have different style of bacon (more like Canadian bacon, and it's delicious and quite bit cheaper than the usual TGM or whatever packs.  (Above this freezer cabinet are the racks of eggs.)

Edited by scorecard

18 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Actually made in Malaysia, so an import.

regards worgeordie

I thought so too, but the ones in my cupboard (from makro) are made under license from Malaysia.

8 hours ago, Trujillo said:

Hair is hair, is it not? There are are many varieties of shampoos, what is it you need? 

57 minutes ago, Rotweiler said:

Second floor Win Cosmetic (Worroroot Market area..).  As you go up the narrow stairs - almost right in front of you.

OK, I'll check out Win Cosmetic and while I'm at it, the professional beauty products place next door.  Haven't been to Wararot in a while anyway.  

FYI, there's a difference between regular shampoo and blue/violet shampoo for grey/white hair.  If you haven't noticed, light grey and white hair can take on a yellow cast.  This can be due to build-up of hair care products, environment pollution or perhaps the person's hair hasn't gone totally white yet.  If you look on the color wheel, you'll see that blue/violet is immediately opposite yellow.  The blue/violet shampoos formulated for grey/white hair really super clean hair, striping off previous hair care products, pollution, etc and depositing a thin blue film that masks the yellow color.  But, they are harsh shampoos, so the conditioners that are companion products are very good super conditioners.  Many sources say to use a blue/violet shampoo infrequently, not every time, because it will make your hair start to look blue, but I've not found this to be a problem.  

And you  thought that Anderson Cooper of CNN, Christine Lagarde of the IMF and Lady Gaga are  blessed with a beautiful heads of  white hair that is naturally beautiful?  Naw, I bet they use a blue/violet shampoo and conditioner to keep it gleaming.

6 minutes ago, NancyL said:

And you  thought that Anderson Cooper of CNN, Christine Lagarde of the IMF and Lady Gaga are  blessed with a beautiful heads of  white hair that is naturally beautiful?  Naw, I bet they use a blue/violet shampoo and conditioner to keep it gleaming.

So you're not planning on joining the blue-rinse brigade then Nancy?

Mrs_Slocombe_7290.jpg

EDIT The link where the photo came from is interesting for those whose hair is going yellow rather than grey http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ElderlyBlueHairedLady

5 minutes ago, NancyL said:

That is some serious hair!

Mrs Slocombe, the darling of the British sitcom "Are You Being Served?" (ok it was really Miss Brahms who was the darling), always having trouble with her pussy.

And you get to see her multitude of hair colours.

On 4/29/2017 at 10:39 PM, worgeordie said:

regards worgeordie

Central food hall, Big C Central Marina and Best at Dolphin Circus all sell Yorkies pies and pasties in Pattaya.

Brooms with bristles that aren't too floppy to pick anything up (these damn Thai brooms' bristles just bend and glide over the dirt and debris without moving it).  And not exactly something I can either have shipped or bring back from the U.S. on a visit because of the stupid long handle (I've never seen yet a household broom for which you can buy just the head and buy the handle separately.  Push brooms, yes, but not your standard home broom).