Van operators demand relaxing of rules

webfact

Van operators demand relaxing of rules

BANGKOK, 3 May 2017 (NNT) - Van operators have urged the government to separate charter vans from non-fixed route public vans which face stricter regulations. 

In Saraburi province, more than 50 charter van operators on Tuesday submitted a petition to the provincial governor, asking that the government seperate charter vans with the capacity of less than 12 passengers for business and tourism from public vans under Section 3 of the Land Traffic Act. 

The van operators urged the government to revoke a 90 kilometer/hour speed limit and the requirememt that all vans must have GPS-based tracking devices. They also asked that the government delay arrests until the new laws are enacted and revoke the regulation that requires personal vans to register with the government.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2017-05-03

" ...seperate charter vans with the capacity of less than 12 passengers for business and tourism from public vans...The van operators urged the government to revoke a 90 kilometer/hour speed limit and the requirememt that all vans must have GPS-based tracking devices." 

Because as everyone knows, once there are fewer than 12 passengers in a van, the driver automatically becomes a safe driver, who never drinks alcohol, never consumes Red Bull to stay awake and obeys all the safe driving ordinances.

It is the negligence and total lack of understanding of safety of the above statement (in bold print) that makes it necessary for an increase in requirements, rather than exemptions. 

Edited by jaltsc

"The van operators urged the government to revoke a 90 kilometer/hour speed limit..."

This juat shows how dumb these operators are: the 90kph is not a restriction imposed on only vans...it's the national highway speed limit you morons! :angry:

14 minutes ago, SABloke said:

"The van operators urged the government to revoke a 90 kilometer/hour speed limit..."

This juat shows how dumb these operators are: the 90kph is not a restriction imposed on only vans...it's the national highway speed limit you morons! :angry:

Apart from the 120kph limit on "motorways".

How is a motorway defined?  Is it any divided highway, just toll roads, or what?

In a developing society, rules and regulations tend to get stricter and more detailed as times progress. Better to keep the suggested ones and hold off further changes for a spell.

Just who are these Van Owners, interesting to look up registration of vans in Thailand and see who owns them. Results would probably be interesting to say the least.

It certainly is not the drivers, they are the fall guys in this game.

If I remember there are bout 16,000 registered vans in Thailand??

Is vehicle registration a matter of public record?

This would also be interesting to see who owns the Taxis!

Again certainly not the drivers.

Relax the rules???? They need to be a lot stricter. It is human lives we are talking about contrary to these van operators who are talking about their pockets. 90kph is easily fast enough for any public passenger vehicle. In many countries it is less.

2 hours ago, SABloke said:

They still have a long way to go before they attain the intelligence and insight of a moron. 

Public service vehicles are public service vehicles!

If either a private contractor or state run operator, there should be No distinction between the rules for either or any!

Lives are lives. Money should not be put before, the safety of human beings.

Greed comes to mind.

For so many years different kinds of operators have committed so many crimes, and in the process of putting people lives at risk, have probably generated much revenue? But now the rules are being tightened they seem to be crying wolf.

If these cry babies are not willing to accept changes, for the good of safety, then they should get out of the business!

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

11 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

The new rules have only just come into force,now they want them

rescinded, its a we want to do what WE want , Thailand.

regards worgeordie

Yes you are right,just when we tought it was safe to use them again!!!

Some money wolves lurking in the bushes again!!!

What about the rights of passengers?

3 hours ago, Crossy said:

How is a motorway defined?  Is it any divided highway, just toll roads, or what?

To be defined as a motorway the access has to be "controlled" (no motorbikes, so toll roads?) though probably not all!

Yes very good to have max speed limit of 90 km for all vans very great rule.also it seems cars begin drive less fast on highways in general perhaps the beginning of seeing an effect of speeding cams?people will slow down if they ged fined!also i see more signs on the highways indicating speed limits.

6 hours ago, darksidedog said:

The stupidity of their demands pretty much explains why the rules were put there in the first place.

Give credit where it is due. After years of sitting on their hands and watching people die, the powers that be, are at least making an effort, small as it is.

7 hours ago, Crossy said:

If the speed limit of a road is higher than the National limit of 90kph it is posted by sign, e.g ''120 kph' Most internal expressways in BKK city are 90kph but the advisory speed limit shown on the orange LED signs is invariably 80kph

My recent trips from Hua Hin to BKK have showed yellow-plated minibuses (so called vans) cruising on the 90 limit with only one bus passing me (100kph) at terminal velocity so there is, to me, an obvious improvement. I am no angel; my standard cruise on the open highway is 100 kph (where safe) anyone else can go as fast as they want, just don't run over me when I am overtaking.

8 hours ago, Crossy said:

A motor way is where you will find the 120kph signs....

4 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

left  lanes only  for vans trucks and busses.it will make much less chaos on the roads.passengers are not in a hurry only these drivers and transport bosses are!

This will never work,to make a u-turn they have to go to the right side of the road.