Mae Hong Son officials rush help to Hmong village hit by storm

rooster59

Mae Hong Son officials rush help to Hmong village hit by storm

By The Nation

Disaster mitigation officials in Mae Hong Song province rushed help to a Hmong village in Muang district on Saturday morning after a storm damaged some 30 houses. 

The storm hit the village at around 4pm on Friday.

Permwitthaya Kanthasong, chief of the Mae Hong Song Disaster Prevention and Mitigation Office, led officials to provide 30 sets of dried food and necessities to what’s known as the Microwave Hmong Village.

Located on a mountain top, the village got its name from a microwave relaying station set up by CAT Telecom Plc on the mountain.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30314416

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-05-07

I hope that the villagers get plenty of useful help.

The mhong people in that village are very hard working folk, they grow many acres of vegetables under extremely harsh conditions.

5 years ago i was in the village, with a group of Thais, past the village 500 meters are the masts ariels, from that point you can see for several miles, beautiful.

When i got home my wife says tomorrow you take me, i want to see.

Next day off we go, get up to the top of the mountain, it was covered in low cloud, you couldnt see more than 30 meters.

My wife was not happy, as the next day we were due to leave to come back to Issan.

For those who don't know Ban Mikrowave...

Not very far from road 108 between Mae Hong Son and Khun Yuam ;

The last 7 kilometers are on a concrete rd with an average percentage of 15% ; some parts are more than 20%

I did it twice with my MTBike without luggages. Was tired arriving in the village.

march 22 - 2014 - Olympus TG 610

27855211965_8edc5b1cc4_b.jpg

22289433062_f64784eb64_b.jpg

march 01 - 2012 - Olympus Tg 610

This rd mark has disappear

22301895695_9e6cc30832_b.jpg

Entrance of the village

21679579864_fb95cfaac6_b.jpg

22289388742_af62f47838_b.jpg

22276240096_3e0d68187b_b.jpg

22114456368_fc64c6d133_b.jpg

They rarely see foreigners but aren't shy ;

If you have blankets and warm clothes to give; there is a Rotary Club in Chiang Mai ; they take care of them

22276175776_94b7dfe7eb_b.jpg

Assurancetorix thanks for posting the photos, brought back a few good memories for me.

I was unable to post photos as my computer has just been in a (so called computer shop).

They never tried to fix my computer just took out the hard drive replaced it, never attempted to save anything.

Got a big bill, and computer face with the screws sticking out.

30 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Assurancetorix thanks for posting the photos, brought back a few good memories for me.

I was unable to post photos as my computer has just been in a (so called computer shop).

They never tried to fix my computer just took out the hard drive replaced it, never attempted to save anything.

Got a big bill, and computer face with the screws sticking out.

Took mine to a shop in Prachuap saved all my files and put in a new program problem is it is a Thai program Windows 7.