Drunk son killed by his axe wielding father after threatening gran

webfact

Drunk son killed by his axe wielding father after threatening gran

4am.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

MAHA SARAKHAM: -- A drunk 36 year old Thai man still living at home was axed to death by his quick thinking father after he threatened his grandmother.

The dead man had gone to get a chef's knife after his grandmother had refused his request for money for more booze, reported Thai Rath.

But as he descended the stairs his father swung an axe hitting him in the foot and severing a major artery.

Kosum Phisai police in Mahasarakham province in Thailand's north-east found Pradit Chaisri covered in blood and dead at the foot of the stairs at a wooden house on stilts in Kheuan sub-district.

Waiting to be arrested was his father 65 year old Serm Chaisri. He was still holding a bloodstained axe when the cops arrived. He was also covered in blood.

He gave up the axe that was taken into evidence. A discarded "Itou" chef's knife was also found lying at the scene.

Neighbors said yesterday that the son was a habitual drunkard who always tried to borrow money to pay for his booze. Witnesses said that a big argument had broken out after he demanded money from his grandmother who was sitting under the house.

Angry because he wasn't getting any money Pradit went upstairs to get the knife and was coming down the stairs to threaten his grandmother with it.

But his father had heard the commotion and confronted his son on the stairs. But rather than drop the knife, witnesses said, he lunged at his father who sidestepped the attack swinging an axe and catching his son on a major artery near his left foot.

Pradit was soon dead from blood loss.

Investigations continue. The Thai Rath story did not mention that any arrest had yet been made following the incident yesterday morning.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-05-10

I don't see too many tears being shed for a drunk waster who would threaten his own gran with a knife, just so he can get more drunk.

Apparently, the father was acting in defence of his mother and himself, so I hope he is released without charge.

16 minutes ago, pentap said:

I thought Thais were close nit families?

Recent report, 'son murders his father not making his (baby) food'.

16 minutes ago, pentap said:

It is rare a Thai man acknowledges a son/daughter.  They move on as soon as the wife/GF announces her pregnancy.  With no child support, the mother is forced into the oldest profession in the world.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Seems endemic in Thailand

Another one 36 years old, not willing to work and care fort himself parasiting his family

and then getting violent when they don't (can't) give him what he doesn't deserve anyway.

A mugger

But I also have to say the Thai families I am acquainted with are not that way. The adult children are working for their livelihood and taking good care of their parents. None of then is a drinker

Edited by sweatalot

Recent report, 'son murders his father not making his (baby) food'.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Where I come from we just "do", here people "say" a lot, but it means jack. When I came people always SAID, "In Thailand we respect our elders and have close families". I thought to myself, "Seems like pretty much everywhere, weies thing to need to say". Then I saw countless examples of it just being lipservice: relatives stealing from each other, fighting, being dishonest. Do these things happen in other countries? Yes, but in my experience far less (Oh, and I'm talking about the educated middle class here - not sure about the vey rich or very poor)

2 hours ago, pentap said:

Sorry, whilst this may be true of a few, your spelling left me head scratching!!!

I think you meant Thais were close knit families....

Everyday now there is another Thai news article of a Thai family member killing one or the rest of the family.

Very sad news.

When folks lose it all, they lose it....:post-4641-1156694005:

It appears living alone these days is safer with more options.

My vasectomy was my best investment! :smile:

"The dead man had gone to get a chef's knife ..."

He was dead, yet still able to go get a knife. I suppose after he died, he got better. He must have had one great amulet. 

Edited by jaltsc

5 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

The guy is dead because he never heard of a tourniquet.  What did the dad do just watch him bleed out? too weird. 

Nothing weird here, dad was using his brain as well as an axe.

Of course the dad let the son bleed out, he had just threatened his grandmother and was going to attack her with an excellent quality chef's knife. Dad may have been the next victim. self preservation at work.

https://www.google.co.th/search?q=itou+chefs+knife&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjOlrrTxOTTAhULO48KHfqAAroQ_AUICigB&biw=1366&bih=638#imgrc=ki7FIywtD3t1WM:

2 hours ago, jaltsc said:

"The dead man had gone to get a chef's knife ..."

He was dead, yet still able to go get a knife. I suppose after he died, he got better. He must have had one great amulet. 

Yes, it would have been more correct to say "Pradit Chaisri had gone to get a chef's knife...." But, I guess English is not the first language of Thai Rath.

11 hours ago, varun said:

Another drunken, degenerate , oxygen-wasting Somchai put down, thumbs up to Dad.

There is hope for humanity after all.

There are still a few million more out there, so it will take a while for complete hope.  :crazy: