FB ‘likes’ can constitute criminal conspiracy in eyes of law enforcers

webfact

So, on the one hand, the Junta express their desire that  critical thinking skills should be developed at school, but then they say that those skills can only be used on what they say they can! 

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, robblok said:

I wonder who really read the article and understood it. This is an interpretation of the law by the police. The judge however does not agree as he did not summon the person who liked the post as an suspect or co defendant but as an witness. I do agree however that if liking would be seen as a crime its a bad law and should be removed. I have always said that the defamation law was bad and should be removed too bad that non of the politicians in the last 20-30 years have done this. Probably because they all like that law to silence their enemies. 

As does the junta. 

How long before FB is given a deadline to remove the like button when accessed in Thailand.

From another TV page.....

"Facebook has been given until 10am of May 16 to block all 131 URLs that have been deemed illegal, or its local representatives will be summoned to explain their position."

If they can do it for illegal URL's then removing a "like" should be easy!! 

6 hours ago, edwinchester said:

How about pressing 'like' for an article you don't agree with but maybe well argued and written? I've done that in the past but now that can land me in serious trouble.

This country seems to be getting more paranoid and authoritarian by the day.

But there are fanboys on here who love it.

I don't care what anyone says, liking something is not agreeing with it.

5 hours ago, Thechook said:

If one presses like on a topic it doesn't necessarily mean they like or support it.

Lets say Bill Smith sees a topic on facebook about corruption and incompetence concerning the Thai Police.  Bill has 1,000 Facebook friends, he presses like and his friends are alerted that Bill liked a post and they are made aware of it.  That topic showing the BIB in a bad light has spread thus they are smacked in the face with a shovel again.  Their incompetence is spreading across the globe.

Why would you click 'Like" if you neither like nor support the posting or comment?

Clicking a like on farcebook endorses a post or comment and means the person who clicked like is as guilty as the person who published the post.

Also; what many may not realise is that after clicking like to a post, that post can be edited by the publisher at anytime, so in fact a person could end up clicking like to anything.

Farcebook is an extremely dangerous media. Treat it as such. Limit the information you put about yourselves on there and keep your participations to the minimum, or better still, delete your account if you have one.

46 minutes ago, seancbk said:

Why would you click 'Like" if you neither like nor support the posting or comment?

I hate(d) Margaret Thatcher but I read and enjoyed her biography. Your post demonstrates the single track and unimaginative thinking of the military mind - it is quite possible to show one's appreciation of quality writing or arguments without agreeing with the subject or the opinion of the writer.

11 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

Clicking a like on farcebook endorses a post or comment and means the person who clicked like is as guilty as the person who published the post.

Only to the closed / pig ignorant mind.

Block "rotate screen",turn upside down, the thumb now aims downwards. Push = unlike. Anyway this is how I would explain this..

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Draconian in the extreme from the Thai dictators. They must be frightened of their own shadows. 

Are we now safe on this site to express our thoughts and comment on all that is wrong with Thailand.?

Add to this absurd computer crime act, the defamation laws (ask Jonathan Head of the BBC), the licence now needed for reporters in Thailand, the military dictatorship, the pathetic police force (bridge party busts, Pattaya "clean up", Ko Tao debacle, Red Bull farce), non-existent justice system,  etc. ad infinitum and Thailand expects to be taken seriously on the world stage?

It gets more stupid and infantile and paranoid by the day. 

This is an incredibly small minded policy, created by very small men, who have little to no self esteem, combined with a fabulously overinflated desire to flex their little muscles. If they could only see for a nanosecond how small, trite, arrogant, and unworthy they appear, to the entire planet. 

Yeah, let's lock up innocent people for disagreeing with our inane policies. They cannot! How dare they refuse to go along with everything we propose and implement. What are they thinking? Why are they thinking? Thinking is no good. Free will is no good. It is our will, or no will! We will lock you up for disagreeing with us. 

32 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

This is an incredibly small minded policy, created by very small men, who have little to no self esteem, combined with a fabulously overinflated desire to flex their little muscles. If they could only see for a nanosecond how small, trite, arrogant, and unworthy they appear, to the entire planet. 

Yeah, let's lock up innocent people for disagreeing with our inane policies. They cannot! How dare they refuse to go along with everything we propose and implement. What are they thinking? Why are they thinking? Thinking is no good. Free will is no good. It is our will, or no will! We will lock you up for disagreeing with us. 

This is the situation for people living in Thailand. So for those who believe in free speech and expression, can either go ahead and think darn the consequences if they feel very strongly about it, or keep their heads down and just go along with the game. Westerners that come here with intentions of making Thailand their home should be aware what the rules are. No point in whinging once here. Two choices; either accept it for what it is or move on.

14 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

This is the situation for people living in Thailand. So for those who believe in free speech and expression, can either go ahead and think darn the consequences if they feel very strongly about it, or keep their heads down and just go along with the game. Westerners that come here with intentions of making Thailand their home should be aware what the rules are. No point in whinging once here. Two choices; either accept it for what it is or move on.

Or accept neither. There really are many choices. I don't accept it and live here quite happily. 

Don't confuse the culture and rules with what's been made up by the elite. The more social media exposes wrong doers, the more people are aware of what's fundamentally right and wrong. 

11 hours ago, webfact said:

MANY people are unaware that online acts as simple as pressing “like” on a Facebook status could land them in trouble with Thailand’s computer-related crime law.

that's because many of them don't believe that they are living in a police-state... 

1 hour ago, cyberfarang said:

Also; what many may not realise is that after clicking like to a post, that post can be edited by the publisher at anytime, so in fact a person could end up clicking like to anything.

Farcebook is an extremely dangerous media. Treat it as such. Limit the information you put about yourselves on there and keep your participations to the minimum, or better still, delete your account if you have one.

Facebook is dangerous? I think you got that backwards, ... :cheesy:

2 hours ago, Redline said:

Ummmmm, what if it was an accident?  A slip of the finger.  Unintentional.  How could that hold up in a court of law, if there were nothing else to back it up?

Easily done.

I had someone who posted on Facebook asking how they could kill me.

There was a long thread and I wasn't quite sure of the Thai language in one of the posts. I clicked "like" instead of "translate".

13 minutes ago, petedk said:

Easily done.

I had someone who posted on Facebook asking how they could kill me.

There was a long thread and I wasn't quite sure of the Thai language in one of the posts. I clicked "like" instead of "translate".

If you press like again and it will remove the like.

Nobody seems to be taking into account that there are choices when you press like, sad, angry, shocked etc. also you can remove a like at any time.

But how are we plebs able to tell what the establishment and elite deems to be "wrongful"?

Not to mention how many people I've seen on facebook and literally just putting a like on every single thing in their feed without even having paid any attention to it whatsoever.

How many steps can you go backwards until falling off a cliff? Feels like the "authorities" have been walking "straight ahead" at that cliff and have been building a ninja bridge without much support so the backwards walk can continue on Oo

2 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

It's especially dangerous if you're a dictator.  Just ask Mubarak, Ben Ali, Qaddafi (not possible now), and Bashar.

54 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Or accept neither. There really are many choices. I don't accept it and live here quite happily. 

Don't confuse the culture and rules with what's been made up by the elite. The more social media exposes wrong doers, the more people are aware of what's fundamentally right and wrong. 

I do admire you for standing up for your beliefs. Must say you are a better man than I am, gunga din.

You get up there on your social media platform and give it to em straight. I won`t be clicking any likes to your posts, but you would win my praises, only my gut feeling tells me you are all mouth and no trousers as are many of the other posters who shout, fight the good fight! But if it came to the crunch you`ll still be hiding behind your user name as a keyboard warrior. There won`t be any fall guys among you.

Archived