Importing a car

Thanks all - selling it gives me just SG $10k over and above what the SG government will give me as refunds for COE/PARf etc if I export it from SG - so as it is a two year old Audi Q3 - $10k seems a number that may just make sense to try to import and keep for a number of years. Appreciate all the inputs

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

if you do some research on here this subject comes up every now and again, and the end result is ' don't do it you will get burnt'

look at the new prices for European cars here and you will see they are so expensive, due to the high tax placed on these imports, and on top of that the customs are the most corrupt of all the government departments, they will keep asking for more and more import duty.

http://www.checkraka.com/price/รถยนต์ใหม่-14-158/?brand=149&model=17429

Thanks all - selling it gives me just SG $10k over and above what the SG government will give me as refunds for COE/PARf etc if I export it from SG - so as it is a two year old Audi Q3 - $10k seems a number that may just make sense to try to import and keep for a number of years. Appreciate all the inputs

Just SGD 10k for a 2 yr old Audi Q3 seems to be too low. A brand new one will cost over 150k with COE? You bought a used one?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Just SGD 10k for a 2 yr old Audi Q3 seems to be too low. A brand new one will cost over 150k with COE? You bought a used one?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Yes - I did buy new but after COE refunds etc, I I export - there is a $10k difference between exporting or selling to a local dealer

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Just remember to factor into your calculations varying duties that may be imposed as and when it sits in customs on the Thai side (rightly or wrongly), wish you all the best with this and would love to hear a positive outcome but I do fear the worst.

Make an ongoing thread of the steps and stages, if you have a fairly successful outcome maybe others will interested to have a try I know I would

So far it is seen as a drawn out expense that doesn't usually pay off but we will see how you get on....

Good luck

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk