PM upset with nurses’ objection to government’s employment plan

PM upset with nurses’ objection to government’s employment plan

4.jpg

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-ocha hit back at the Federation of Nursing Profession and some nurses for rejecting the government’s plan to upgrade the status of nurses to that of civil servants within three years.

“What shall I do? Do they want all the nurses to be upgraded in one shot? Where the money will come from to have all nurses upgraded?” asked the prime minister who appeared to be disturbed by the opposition to the government’s plan.

The cabinet on Tuesday agreed to a three-year plan to absorb all about 11,000 nurses into government service as civil servants – 2,200 nurses for the first year and 2,900 nurses for the second and third years.

The prime minister said that the government had to take into consideration of employees working in other ministries who also aspire to have their status upgraded, and not only the nurses.

He maintained that the government could not meet all the demands of the nurses. He also warned that if disgruntled nurses continue to oppose the government’s plan, all the nurses might not be upgraded in their status at all.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/pm-upset-nurses-objection-governments-employment-plan/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-05-17

Upset.. my heart bleeds.. How about suck it up you old tyrant. The money should be diverted from purchases of useless military hardware such as 2nd rate tanks and submarines from China.

Or maybe your sloth of a deputy can stop chartering planes to far flung destinations for useless junkets

Maybe the 1,500 generals can be benevolent and volunteer for a half salary reduction. Do that for the good of the country. After all the nurses do more work than the generals. The NLA with their 6 figure pay should also volunteer for reduction. Most time they are absent or just rubber stamping. There are lots of fat to trim to find the budget to pay the nurses. 

59 minutes ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

The cabinet on Tuesday agreed to a three-year plan to absorb all about 11,000 nurses into government service as civil servants – 2,200 nurses for the first year and 2,900 nurses for the second and third years.

2200+2900+2900=8,000. What about the other 3000?

So he is upset is he . Maybe thousands of nurses and their families are upset that it had to come to this for them to be heard. How long has this non hiring them as civil servants been going on. How long have they patiently waited. Does he expect them to suffer in silence for ever.Or is it a case of social levels. People such as nurses should do as they are told and keep quiet about the abuses that are thrown at them?

Now he says he may give them nothing if they do not be quiet and take what is given. So now he has his way out of giving them any thing. It is now a case of take it or leave it. I hope they leave it.

Edited by lovelomsak

Perhaps one could commit the first dozen to the service on the submarine.
Would definitely guarantee the happiness under water.
But overall, it is not easy to make all nurses happy.
One by one ok, but all together?
Hopeless.

The nurses fear that he will not follow through on his promise therefor they want it all at once.  Perhaps if the blustering general were to put something in writing to ensure who got status when, the nurses might be more patient.  He is not offering any assurances and his word is not enough. 

Edited by yellowboat

2 hours ago, yellowboat said:

The nurses fear that he will not follow through on his promise therefor they want it all at once.  Perhaps if the blustering general were to put something in writing to ensure who got status when, the nurses might be more patient.  He is not offering any assurances and his word is not enough. 

Right.  I was reading in the previous thread a comment by Pib, that the last government promised movement on this but failed to deliver before they dissolved.  So PM's attitude make it sound like this annoying complaint from the nurses is the first round, but apparently, they've been at this a while. 

Edited by 55Jay

24 minutes ago, 55Jay said:

Right.  I was reading in the previous thread a comment by Pib, that the last government promised movement on this but failed to deliver before they dissolved.  So PM's attitude make it sound like this annoying complaint from the nurses is the first round, but apparently, they've been at this a while. 

You make sure to tell them that next time you require treatment and suggest they quit their carping. You will be like a ray of sunshine shining clearly through their black clouds of ignorance...

OK Rant warning........................

got to agree with pretty much everything said here so far 

Nurses versus Subs and tanks.....................lets put it to public vote and see what comes out on top

Thailand has never been at war with anyone .......yes they have bent over and taken it a number of times but hey best forget about that as it is no different today.   Thailand is not a military country in the greater scheme of things......some might have asparations  leaning that way but the truth is beyond a few border scurmishes ........ Thailand is not and never will be a military player in SEA

will they ever be involved in any large scale conflict were they actually have a choice .....no

These nurses have studied and graduated  in their profession - not only that but they have been working for years in what basically now amounts to  worthless in terms of pensions etc, oh I can see exactly were this is at, these highly skilled nurses don't deserve a job, they do not deserve recognition of their education which is higher than those who are in control of such matters 

lets take a look the other way

all those civil  servants now working for the tax payer (in government jobs) and being paid by the tax payer that do not have a 3rd level education or education period .......................step down now.......  political military ....whatever, if you are more qualified than these very qualified and skilled people (nurses) then you can keep your job

I think better that you sort them out 

4 hours ago, Ruffian Dick said:

I may need a couple of those nurses at some point.

Like the user name 555! True, Thai nurses are great, very caring. Regarding the "where will the money come from" question in the OP - assuming a 15k monthly salary, all 11000 of them would be employed for the next 20 years by redirecting the submarine budget.

9 hours ago, baboon said:
  9 hours ago, 55Jay said:

9 hours ago, baboon said:

You make sure to tell them that next time you require treatment and suggest they quit their carping. You will be like a ray of sunshine shining clearly through their black clouds of ignorance...

Did you, by chance, respond to the wrong post? 

What I would tell them is I understand how the government system they are trying to work within to address their complaint, has let them down.  They aren't ignorant.  What are you on about?  :blink:

Edited by 55Jay

9 hours ago, 55Jay said:

I can understand the nurses, i mean they were lied to by Yingluck and now they worry they are lied to by Prayut.

But I also understand Prayut, budgets are not limitless and other government agencies also want an upgrade.. give in to one and you have to give in to all. So sure I get it.. maybe if they had kept the army budget the same (in % of GDP) instead of increasing there would have been room for it. Or maybe if the stupid rice scam did not drain the country of money then they could have afforded it.

Point is who do you want to pay for it.. the taxpayer.. in increases of taxes. the tax-base is already low and supporting far to many people. Better to find some cuts somewhere.

14 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-ocha hit back at the Federation of Nursing Profession and some nurses for rejecting the government’s plan to upgrade the status of nurses to that of civil servants within three years.

Yes, how dare they have an opinion. 

“What shall I do? Do they want all the nurses to be upgraded in one shot? Where the money will come from"

Don't they know expensive subs are?

Edited by Bluespunk

2 minutes ago, robblok said:

I can understand the nurses, i mean they were lied to by Yingluck and now they worry they are lied to by Prayut.

But I also understand Prayut, budgets are not limitless and other government agencies also want an upgrade.. give in to one and you have to give in to all. So sure I get it.. maybe if they had kept the army budget the same (in % of GDP) instead of increasing there would have been room for it. Or maybe if the stupid rice scam did not drain the country of money then they could have afforded it.

Point is who do you want to pay for it.. the taxpayer.. in increases of taxes. the tax-base is already low and supporting far to many people. Better to find some cuts somewhere.

Yes, Prayuth is trying to strong arm them into being quiet to prevent the inevitable creep of other departments wanting a pay/status review.  Been there done that, it can mushroom out of control and get really messy.  The strong arm tactic and divide/conquer is a fool's response.  I smell a labor strike coming on. 

I think the general opinion here General is stop spending the public coffers on useless military equipment and other Government to Government projects and  start spending money on meaningful public programs , this way U and your cronies wont benefit,  but the people will..................................:coffee1: