Do you think Trump will be impeached or forced to resign?

Scott

Do you believe Trump will be impeached or forced to resign?  

511 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

If that were the case then why have seen a steady decline in startups since the financial crisis.  Startups need loans, during recessions the banks don't give as many loans, think.

I found it super easy to get a loan during the recession given the dearth of creditworthy candidates and higher down payment requirements. Now, my neighbor who declared bankruptcy a few years back is getting cold called for home equity lines of credit which is what caused his first bankruptcy. Hopefully he learned from his last experience, but I'm not hopeful.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

If that were the case then why have seen a steady decline in startups since the financial crisis.  Startups need loans, during recessions the banks don't give as many loans, think.

It is interesting it is just assumed that the only way to be successful is to borrow money from someone else to do it. I think that goes along with the conventional wisdom that says failure is a good thing. If you're always using someone else's money I guess it would be. Assuming you can live with yourself.

3 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

It is interesting it is just assumed that the only way to be successful is to borrow money from someone else to do it. I think that goes along with the conventional wisdom that says failure is a good thing. If you're always using someone else's money I guess it would be. Assuming you can live with yourself.

It is far from the only way but it is one way and a popular way particularly when credit is being thrown at people which is not during recessions.

6 minutes ago, MrPatrickThai said:

You've made it crystal clear you don't like Trump and are a sore loser. Please keep on topic!

Desist with the inflammatory personal attacks/name calling. Hilarious that you're complaining about staying on topic. It's a trump topic. Not about me. 

1 hour ago, lannarebirth said:

I found it super easy to get a loan during the recession given the dearth of creditworthy candidates and higher down payment requirements. Now, my neighbor who declared bankruptcy a few years back is getting cold called for home equity lines of credit which is what caused his first bankruptcy. Hopefully he learned from his last experience, but I'm not hopeful.

Clearly the bank hasn't learned.  Or, more likely, the bank is once again shuffling money around in an irresponsible manner, taking a cut on each transaction, and not assuming any of the risk.  In Trump's anti-regulation environment, I think the latter explanation is the likely one.

That's good news for you; it means the seeds for the next financial crisis have been sewn and taken root.

1 hour ago, lannarebirth said:

Borrowing is how Trump attempts to make money.  However most of his wealth comes from New York property he managed to keep from foreclosure in the 1980's that have appreciated in value.

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Desist with the inflammatory personal attacks/name calling. Hilarious that you're complaining about staying on topic. It's a trump topic. Not about me. 

Rather sensitive, son. All I called you was a sore loser!!

Let me remind you, this thread is about the impeachment of Trump, not every little thing he does or other say about him.

9 hours ago, heybruce said:

Clearly the bank hasn't learned.  Or, more likely, the bank is once again shuffling money around in an irresponsible manner, taking a cut on each transaction, and not assuming any of the risk.  In Trump's anti-regulation environment, I think the latter explanation is the likely one.

That's good news for you; it means the seeds for the next financial crisis have been sewn and taken root.

The last 30 years have been good news for anyone that ever bought a stock, a bond, a house, a precious metal, a collectible. Nothing to do with me, it stems from long term poor fiscal and monetary policy. 

9 hours ago, heybruce said:

Borrowing is how Trump attempts to make money.  However most of his wealth comes from New York property he managed to keep from foreclosure in the 1980's that have appreciated in value.

Bringing this back on topic: maybe he'll get impeached or resign from having done that.

39 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

The last 30 years have been good news for anyone that ever bought a stock, a bond, a house, a precious metal, a collectible. Nothing to do with me, it stems from long term poor fiscal and monetary policy. 

Much is made of the places where houses have been good investments, primarily by people who make money in real estate.  In much of the US home prices have appreciated very little after inflation for the past 30 years.  The past six years have been tough on anyone who bought precious metals.  A stock index fund bought ten years ago would look real good now, one bought twelve years ago would not look so good.  Bonds, as you have indicated, have been earning zero or less after inflation for most of this millennia. 

Timing is everything in investments, and timing is only obvious in hindsight. 

Edit:  I just found this.  After adjusting for inflation, US real estate prices have appreciated an average of 1% a year over the last 100 years.  It looks like they have about broken even over the last 30 years.  http://observationsandnotes.blogspot.com/2011/07/housing-prices-inflation-since-1900.html

Of course some places have done much better than average; much of suburban Honolulu was farmland going for $50 an acre 70 years ago.  But some places have lost significant value after inflation.

In spite of this, there's never a shortage of people who get a greedy gleam in their eyes when they hear stories of home prices doubling in just a few years.  The NINJA loan officers love these people.  I've seen the aftermath of enough busts to keep things in perspective.

19 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

Bringing this back on topic: maybe he'll get impeached or resign from having done that.

Fingers crossed, yes.  According to Eric Trump. a lot of the borrowed money was from Russia, and it's unlikely the money came with no strings attached.

20 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Fingers crossed, yes.  According to Eric Trump. a lot of the borrowed money was from Russia, and it's unlikely the money came with no strings attached.

Quite possibly, but I doubt that was written in the disclosure documents.  No secret rich Russians and Chinese launder a lot of money. Usually with the help of a complicit financial institution. I think it is more rare that the receiver of those funds is complicit in the conspiracy to launder money, though it does happen. I am confident if such is the case with Trump that Mueller and his team will ferret that out. Probably no one on these boards will.

6 hours ago, heybruce said:

What is sometimes overlooked is that "borrowed money" that comes from criminal activities will be accompanied by personal financial incentives or rewards. Incentives are necessary as in many nations such "borrowed" funds are illegal. That's why some bank officials accept money laundering, not so much that they can capitalize loans to make reportable income from loan interest (ie., improve bank financial bottom line) but to secretly enrich themselves beyond what typical loan fees would produce.

So the presence of "strings" in the traditional sense may not be necessary as a part of a money laundering transaction. But from the viewpoint that attendant covert financial incentives constitute income tax evasion, a "lender" has a strong blackmail position over the recipient. Blackmail by a foreign power is a powerful tool to serve a political agenda.

8 hours ago, lannarebirth said:

. Nothing to do with me, it stems from long term poor fiscal and monetary policy. 

Yeah, like the banks handing out loans to high risk borrowers and the feds doing nothing to regulate it. Been covered here ad nauseam.

17 hours ago, heybruce said:

I think most of the money going to Trump comes from Russian Oligarchs trying to hide their insane wealth - who pay ridiculous prices for Trump properties. Often those properties are bought and sold, sight unseen, in order to transfer rich peoples' cash overseas.  In a phrase: money-laundering.  You can bet Mueller's team is looking into the Trump building in Panama which reeks of money-laundering.  It was managed by Ivanka.

On 1/25/2018 at 1:28 AM, Jingthing said:

The "malignant normality" of trump being trump.

Trump is very normal.  He's the normalist person in the world.  Far more normal than people realise.   And that normality is very very stable.  He has the best brains, which also appear to be orange too.  He is a huge success.  He's managed to stay in power for one year, which is only 3 years less than the next lowest tenure of any recent president.  And he's medically still alive.  And very very normal.  And sane to boot!

On 5/21/2017 at 12:08 PM, SiamBeast said:

He'll be in for 8 years. He might have made a few impulsive and unthought decisions but overall, he is the one to stand for American values and not fall into that politically correct / equality / feeling hurting bullsh1t. Clinton was supporting abortion rights, salary equality, and "equal rights", which we all know is not what society needs. It was time to stop the decline short, and Trump is trying his best to do that, while Clinton would have continued dragging the country down.

I obviously don't support Trump's war decisions and war on drugs ("tough on crime" policy) but I believe he's the one that will help stop the decline and bring the population to its senses regarding the plumetting birth rates, migrant invasion, over-entitled feminist women, politically correctness, destruction of families, and loss of culture.

American values? Lying? Cheating? Declaring bankruptcy 5 times and walking away from $4,700,000,000 in debt, that was primarily owed to hard working small businessmen? Alienating countries we have spent decades developing relationships with? Asking his attorney general to continue filling up the nations prisons with pot smokers and growers, even though dozens of states have voted to legalize it? Refusing to fix legal immigration, and instead focusing his energy on latino immigrants who are desired by American companies for their incredibly hard work, at low wages? People who put billions into the system, and get little back due to their illegal status? 

Not to mention his probable status as a serial statutory rapist? I could literally go on and on for days. What aspect of his nature stands for American values? I am not referring to his rhetoric. I am talking about the man, and his policies. 

This despot is going down in flames. I doubt he will last 4 years. More than likely he will resign within the next year or so. Get used to saying President Pence. Unless they can prove he was complicit too. Then, get used to saying President Ryan. Even President Bieber might be better than Trump. 

18 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

American values? Lying? Cheating? Declaring bankruptcy 5 times and walking away from $4,700,000,000 in debt, that was primarily owed to hard working small businessmen? Alienating countries we have spent decades developing relationships with? Asking his attorney general to continue filling up the nations prisons with pot smokers and growers, even though dozens of states have voted to legalize it? Refusing to fix legal immigration, and instead focusing his energy on latino immigrants who are desired by American companies for their incredibly hard work, at low wages? People who put billions into the system, and get little back due to their illegal status? 

Not to mention his probable status as a serial statutory rapist? I could literally go on and on for days. What aspect of his nature stands for American values? I am not referring to his rhetoric. I am talking about the man, and his policies. 

This despot is going down in flames. I doubt he will last 4 years. More than likely he will resign within the next year or so. Get used to saying President Pence. Unless they can prove he was complicit too. Then, get used to saying President Ryan. Even President Bieber might be better than Trump. 

Sooooooooo many emotionally fueled assumptions and soooooooo little evidence combined with outright lies and complete misdirection up in this post ^

Dunno how you guys sleep at night knowing you perpetrate so much BS and political hypocrisy. 

Breaking:
Sick and tired of the ongoing BS and travesty of justice
whenever Hillary is involved,
President Trump is now issuing a dire warning
to Jeff Sessions and the entire Justice Department.
Unless Sessions steps in and prosecutes Hillary,
Trump says he will be forced to step in
and take drastic measures.
“A lot of people are disappointed in the Justice Department, including me,”
Trump told reporters.
;-)

Breaking: Sick and tired of the ongoing BS and travesty of justice whenever Hillary is involved, President Trump is now issuing a dire warning to Jeff Sessions and the entire Justice Department. Unless Sessions steps in and prosecutes Hillary, Trump says he will be forced to step in and take drastic measures. “A lot of people are disappointed in the Justice Department, including me,” Trump told reporters. ;-)  
Just deflection. Hillary isn't president. This is about the potential removal of trump from high office. Clinton holds no office.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Sadly, it will never happen. He will probably be elected for a second term. The backlash is on the way, though. We can expect at least two terms of Democrats before public amnesia kicks in.

3 hours ago, UncleTouchyFingers said:

Sooooooooo many emotionally fueled assumptions and soooooooo little evidence combined with outright lies and complete misdirection up in this post

Dunno how you guys sleep at night knowing you perpetrate so much BS and political hypocrisy. 

I guess it comes down to a person's individual values.

I value things that Trump and his fans don't value: 
>>>  A strong US, including a modicum of respect from foreign countries (Trump is trashing that on a weekly basis)

>>>  Women deciding for themselves what to do with their bodies, not old white men in government (Trump has said he favors criminalizing women who seek abortions).

>>>  Sanctity of National Parks (Trump wants to give large tracts to his CEO buddies in oil, mining and logging industries).

>>>  Less easily available military-grade auto- and semi-auto weapons to every Tom Dick and Harry, including bump-stock modifications.

>>>  Sane foreign policy and State Department who word for the well-being of the USA.  Currently, the State Dept is losing personnel weekly, and posts aren't being filled.  The US has no ambassadors to 54 countries. Put another way, over half the population of the world has no US ambassador in their countries.  Here's a list, including how many millions of population.....

Afghanistan    32.53
Argentina    43.42
Australia    23.78
Austria    8.61
Bahamas    0.39
Belarus    9.51
Belgium    11.29
Belize    0.36
Bolivia    10.72
Canada    35.85
China    1371.22
Congo    4.62
Cote D’Ivoire    22.7
Cuba    11.39
Czech Republic    10.55
Denmark    5.68
Djibouti    0.89
Dominican Republic    0.07
Eritrea**    4.79
Ethiopia    99.39
Finland    5.48
France    66.81
Germany    81.41
Guinea-Bissau    1.84
Haiti    10.71
Holy See    <0.01
Hungary    9.84
Iceland    0.33
India    1311.1
Ireland    4.64
Italy    60.8
Japan    126.96
Liechtenstein    0.04
Luxembourg    0.57
Mauritius    1.26
Morocco    34.38
Netherlands    16.94
New Zealand    4.6
Norway    5.2
Paraguay    6.64
Portugal    10.35
Samoa    0.19
Saudi Arabia    31.54
Senegal    15.13
Seychelles    0.09
Singapore    5.54
South Africa    54.96
South Korea    50.62
Spain    46.42
Sudan    40.23
Sweden    9.8
Switzerland    8.29
Syria    18.5
Tanzania    53.47
Trinidad and Tobago    1.36
United Kingdom    65.14
Venezuela    31.11  

1 hour ago, papa al said:
Breaking:
Sick and tired of the ongoing BS and travesty of justice
whenever Hillary is involved,
President Trump is now issuing a dire warning
to Jeff Sessions and the entire Justice Department.
Unless Sessions steps in and prosecutes Hillary,
Trump says he will be forced to step in
and take drastic measures.
“A lot of people are disappointed in the Justice Department, including me,”
Trump told reporters.;-)

Trump is such an immature fart.  He speaks like a 5 year old brat. If he was diagnosed to have VD, he would say, "Well, it's not really a big deal. A lot of people have VD. My strain is the best, believe me. Everybody tells me it's fine.  No problem.  We're still winning so much that you're going to beg me to stop winning so much.  And there's no collusion, believe me.  And I always pick the best people.  I know the best people, believe me."

Archived