"My Mate Nate" under investigation - police want to know is he working legally and paying taxes

rooster59

"It's just the same as the visa regulations and interpretation." - No, they are determined by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

Incorrect.  In real-life, the interpretation of visa regulations is down to the individual immigration officer.  If they decide that you do not meet the requirements/regulations, then your visa/VoA etc is refused.

But this is all off-topic...

Edited by simon43

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, balo said:

Nonsense, anyone with a laptop spending some time in Thailand are working illegally then .  If you send an email to a customer or having a Skype call with a customer about your business in Europe while your staying in Thailand.    

This has been discussed too many times. 

And you still don't get it

On 2017-6-11 at 3:12 AM, rooster59 said:

Thailand has strict animal cruelty laws and he could be jailed or heavily fined.

Except for cockfights, they love it and gamble money on them.

And soidogs, they treat them soooo welll that i see them out on the roads every day.

And tigers, Thai love tigers....especially at a chain from 1 metre long so it's easy to make pictures with them.

Oh and great big birds! Thai love those as well...they stuff them in a small cage from where they can never come out....rhinobirds and big parrots deserve better Thailand.

11 hours ago, simon43 said:

Incorrect.  In real-life, the interpretation of visa regulations is down to the individual immigration officer.  If they decide that you do not meet the requirements/regulations, then your visa/VoA etc is refused.

But this is all off-topic...

Visas are issued by embassies and consulates - who are not manned by immigration and are controlled by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs,

hostility is likely cause a young farang can speak quite decent thai and is popular without buying drinks for the girls or paying multiple bar fines.

should not be upset with his style-antics because after all tit

5 hours ago, atyclb said:

hostility is likely cause a young farang can speak quite decent thai and is popular without buying drinks for the girls or paying multiple bar fines.

should not be upset with his style-antics because after all tit

Exactly ! But it seems not acceptable on this forum to tell the truth to the bar stool or I-failed-my-whole-life guys.

Exactly ! But it seems not acceptable on this forum to tell the truth to the bar stool or I-failed-my-whole-life guys.

It's only partly true. The dude Nate is objectively annoying if you aren't a Thai teeny. He does have his niche though. What the Thai authorities do about him if anything is certainly their business.

52 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

It's only partly true. The dude Nate is objectively annoying if you aren't a Thai teeny. He does have his niche though. What the Thai authorities do about him if anything is certainly their business.

If we demanded they deport all foreigners that someone found annoying, there wouldn't be many of us left.  

There should be candid YouTube videos of the bar room behavior and arguments with Thai vendors so we can all vote on who gets to stay and who gets the boot.

Sure, the guy's a clown.  He makes money being a clown.  But the vitriol here is embarrassing to anyone claiming to be an adult.  

6 minutes ago, impulse said:

If we demanded they deport all foreigners that someone found annoying, there wouldn't be many of us left.  

There should be candid YouTube videos of the bar room behavior and arguments with Thai vendors so we can all vote on who gets to stay and who gets the boot.

Sure, the guy's a clown.  He makes money being a clown.  But the vitriol here is embarrassing to anyone claiming to be an adult.  

Yes, good thinking. A Thai Visa Star Chamber, with weekly elimination round videos..losers to be deported. 

Yes but the dude is still very annoying.

On 2017-6-11 at 7:02 PM, 1SteveC said:

You truly are clueless about the law here aren't you !

I would think in Thai law they would have to have proof (a paper trail) of evidence to show in a court..that he was getting Thai baht for work performed here?

If his Y.T income being paid in the U.S and US$ there is nothing the Thai government can do, they havent any evidence and cannot proove he is getting paid for his Thai made videos..

Im only guessing, but im sure if the Thai gov could have..they would have got him by now.

BTW i cant stand the annoying little pr..  chilli

On 6/12/2017 at 11:15 PM, fruitman said:

Except for cockfights, they love it and gamble money on them.

And soidogs, they treat them soooo welll that i see them out on the roads every day.

And tigers, Thai love tigers....especially at a chain from 1 metre long so it's easy to make pictures with them.

Oh and great big birds! Thai love those as well...they stuff them in a small cage from where they can never come out....rhinobirds and big parrots deserve better Thailand.

While your points are all valid, you've missed the sea change and the new laws that have been around in the last couple of years. The message may just be starting to filter through. Anyone doing what he is doing in such a blatant manner is asking for trouble, especially if they are a knob who can annoy both Thai and resident farang netizens in equal measure. 

50 minutes ago, bamukloy said:

I would think in Thai law they would have to have proof (a paper trail) of evidence to show in a court..that he was getting Thai baht for work performed here?

If his Y.T income being paid in the U.S and US$ there is nothing the Thai government can do, they havent any evidence and cannot proove he is getting paid for his Thai made videos..

Im only guessing, but im sure if the Thai gov could have..they would have got him by now.

BTW i cant stand the annoying little pr..  chilli

If he's actually making the Youtube videos in Thailand them maybe he is deemed to be 'working in Thailand'.

If that's true then where (what country) he gets paid doesn't change the fact that he made the vids in Thailand, working in Thailand.

If the above is accurate, I'm guessing the Thai revenue department would be able to demand answers about the actual revenue amounts. 

And I agree, he's a moron.

Not sticking up for him as people who hurt animals can get a kick in the nuts as far as I am concerned.

Legal point where is the Youtube server? It is not here as it would be closed every other hour, you work where the server is, but then again the local minstry who look after the local web do not have a clue where the internet is concerned a bunch of amateurs who cannot even build a website that conforms to the W3C.

To the boys in green you have no authority outside these border, so sod off and do some pelvic thrusting.

"As the online community pointed at his immigration status, Bartling responded that he works for a company in Thailand, has a work permit, and pays taxes in both Thailand and the U.S." so  it looks like he's legal and I really can't see a cat taking a small nip from a scorpion without poison getting him deported as some are suggesting. I don't particularly like what he does as I'm not a teenager, but I suspect a lot of comments and calls for deportation etc are just jealousy. fair play to the donut, he's done all right for himself. and whether you like it or not, when you decided you didn't like him whilst watching one of his you tube videos,

he made money from that too.

On Wednesday, June 14, 2017 at 11:58 PM, scorecard said:

If he's actually making the Youtube videos in Thailand them maybe he is deemed to be 'working in Thailand'.

If that's true then where (what country) he gets paid doesn't change the fact that he made the vids in Thailand, working in Thailand.

If the above is accurate, I'm guessing the Thai revenue department would be able to demand answers about the actual revenue amounts. 

Thai law / courts, who needs irrefutable evidence, or any evidence for that matter? 

On 6/14/2017 at 4:40 PM, bangkokairportlink said:

seemed i did not fail my entire life but after living in los for a while i start to question that. maybe i did fail my entire life ??

On 6/14/2017 at 11:58 PM, scorecard said:

He's already said that he has a work permit.